Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Blah, blah, blah...
Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 15-11-2013, 05:25 PM   #21
twillight
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

#1 I refused to change into this

#2 My avatar got removed

#3 Inbox got removed

#4 when i did hit "return to old account" it created an entirely new account

#5 fortunately SOME RANDOM USER (so NOT google) gave me this link
It brings to an account-choosing page, where I at least got back my playlist (not that anything indicates which is my old account, as my old avatar is on another channel, and the remaining channels have the same nick and standard google-avatar)

#6 any sane person changed back from Win8 to Win7 as Win 8 is SHIT
Old 16-11-2013, 04:08 AM   #22
Eagle of Fire
Friendly Fire

Yeah... Ever since I noticed that Google gobbled up Youtube I knew this was coming. And that it would never be any good.

Basically, any site which offer you a specific content but force you to sample 10+ other kind of content simply to be able to look at one specific is crap. That's called branding and marketing and they actually make tons of money with this on your back, without asking your permission or giving you anything in return.
Old 16-11-2013, 08:19 AM   #23
yoga
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by twillight View Post
i'm just watching the "settings" menu of my(? still mine?) chanel on youtube, and you should too IMMEDIATELLY.

The basic setting is you'll be spammed by zounds of email (which lines also suggest dubious personal-info handling), and other things what sound like this Google+ would be a Facebook what instead only telling things people you personally marked tells about you to everyone on places you never even hear of.

Google+ is junk.
But Google is pressing all YouTube users now to enter its idiotic social network G+. This way Google will goto hell.
yoga is proud NO member of any social (fascist) network.
Old 17-11-2013, 11:50 AM   #24
twillight
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

HERE is the link how to get rid of google/G+ transformation of your youtube-chanel.

NOTE: youtube inbox is deleted by google (the archive stuff remains, but no new comment-tracking, no PMs, no other such things).

Youtube just got killed by google.
Old 21-11-2013, 09:51 PM   #25
RRS
(Gaming) History Buff

...and I discovered few days ago that my ancient Opera 12 (few months old *gasp*) is not enough for Google Drive, so I can't edit my docs...
RRS is offline                         Send a private message to RRS
Old 22-11-2013, 11:36 AM   #26
Hunter Hunted
Abandonia nerd

Oh, Google. You missed the boat again.
Hunter Hunted is offline                         Send a private message to Hunter Hunted
Old 25-11-2013, 05:34 PM   #27
chris_doom_k.
Forum hobbit

I detest this practice of google with google + integrating into my youtube channel and i hope that they will switch it back. I was forced to use google+ and a new youtube account was made with my videos there but not my avatar. The avatar remained to the old account and when i log in, i have the option to choose between 2 accounts, one blank with uploads, the new with my full list of uploads, i don't even know how this happened and i won't waste energy thinking the crap that google caused. To watch my comments i don't have to open my google + page though, this can be done through the youtube page so i won't bother use that pathetic service again. I am sure google will see many inactive google + accounts and even less traffic on youtube, they deserve it because they don't respect the people who made youtube big as it is today.
chris_doom_k. is offline                         Send a private message to chris_doom_k.
Old 27-11-2013, 01:38 PM   #28
MyVitalRemains
Abandonia nerd

Youtube and Google have been going downhill lately. Not only do they require SMS verification for an account now (which may lead to major security and privacy issues) but they've also been integrating Google accounts into EVERYTHING. Although some may view it in a more positive light, I think that it will lead to more bad than good in the long run.
Old 27-11-2013, 06:35 PM   #29
Japo
Autonomous human

Truth to be told, SMS verification isn't required. Although Google is quite insistent on enabling it--I don't know if it can be disabled back. I do think that the main reason for this particular policy is security, since they already have the phone number of any Android user anyway.
Old 27-11-2013, 10:54 PM   #30
MyVitalRemains
Abandonia nerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Japo View Post
Truth to be told, SMS verification isn't required. Although Google is quite insistent on enabling it--I don't know if it can be disabled back. I do think that the main reason for this particular policy is security, since they already have the phone number of any Android user anyway.
Well, actually, now if you would like to create a Youtube or Google account you are REQUIRED to do so. If you have a preexisting account you don't have to, but you'll be spammed about it.