Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Gaming Zone
Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 16-07-2005, 04:36 PM   #1
MdaG
Abandonia Homie

Send a message via ICQ to MdaG Send a message via AIM to MdaG Send a message via MSN to MdaG Send a message via Yahoo to MdaG

I just bought realMYST for the bargain price of ~?4. I'm wondering if one can "solve" an age without doing something in the other ages or if I have to traverse the different ages back and forth to be able to solve the puzzles. Can anyone answer that without giving away any solutions to the puzzles (no spoilers) ?

*edit*

I'm guessing that I'm suppose to find one red page and one blue page and merge them with the books in the library on Myst.

*edit*

Well I found two pages in the "tree age" so I guess I found out the answer on my own.
MdaG is offline                         Send a private message to MdaG
Old 17-07-2005, 07:28 AM   #2
MdaG
Abandonia Homie

Send a message via ICQ to MdaG Send a message via AIM to MdaG Send a message via MSN to MdaG Send a message via Yahoo to MdaG

Does anyone know how to increase mouse sensitivity in this game?
Old 18-07-2005, 07:11 PM   #3
MdaG
Abandonia Homie

Finished the game. I'm a little surprised. I had anticipated a really difficult adventure, but most of the puzzles were easily solved if you just thought them through. I only encountered two puzzles that I found somewhat far fetched.
Old 18-07-2005, 10:29 PM   #4
BlackMageJawa
Game Wizzard

If you have the US version of realMYST, there's a patch you can download that will add a whole bunch of options such as mouse sensitivity, size of the 'dead zone' in the centre (ie- how far you can move your mouse before the view changes) and other stuff.

Unfortunately, the patch won't work on the EU release. Guess which I have (hint- I'm British) :angry:

It may not be all that hard, but, as one of the recurring themes of the series would suggest, it's not reaching the destination that's important, it's enjoying the journey. After all, the worlds are gorgeous- why rush through?
BlackMageJawa is offline                         Send a private message to BlackMageJawa
Old 18-07-2005, 11:02 PM   #5
MdaG
Abandonia Homie

True, I'm gonna go for Riven next and this time I'll take my time.

I actually found realMyst, Myst Masterpiece, Riven, Exile, Revelations for a mere ?30. I'm gonna be Mysting a lot more before I'm finished

I can't believe I haven't played these games before. I love adventure games and I've missed these...
Old 19-07-2005, 12:08 AM   #6
Shifter
Abandonia nerd

Send a message via ICQ to Shifter

Quote:
Originally posted by MdaG@Jul 18 2005, 10:02 PM
True, I'm gonna go for Riven next and this time I'll take my time.

I actually found realMyst, Myst Masterpiece, Riven, Exile, Revelations for a mere ?30. I'm gonna be Mysting a lot more before I'm finished

I can't believe I haven't played these games before. I love adventure games and I've missed these...
Yah, great series. I am not the brightest guy when it comes to puzzles. I remember renting the original Myst when it came out for PSX..and me and my friend stayed up all night one night and finished it. What a blast.
Old 19-07-2005, 09:53 PM   #7
Danny252
I have a custom title!

I tried it for 10 minutes when I was 8/9... maybe 10.. didnt get far. At one of may parent's friend's houses..
Old 19-07-2005, 10:30 PM   #8
MrBackAlleySka
Hero Gamer

Excellent, excellent games. I've played Myst, Riven, and Exile. I love Riven, but I must say Exile is the best. SO beautiful. I had a dream about Riven once. Heh, you absolutely get lost in the games. Myst didn't have that magic feel really, it was just not "up there" to achieve what it wanted with technology limits. Never played RealMyst, so I assume that's MUCH better. Riven's awesome. You smell the salt of the ocean, you feel the rust on the metal bars as you drag your hand across them, you get sand stuck between your fingertips....Its so lovely an experience.
MrBackAlleySka is offline                         Send a private message to MrBackAlleySka
Old 19-07-2005, 10:33 PM   #9
MdaG
Abandonia Homie

I have both realMyst and Myst Masterpiece edition and MM pales in comparison with real Myst. It's amazing how they mamanged to make the world seem to real. I was sad to see realMyst to the end. I also like that the added an age (Rime) to link it to Riven better than the original.
Old 19-07-2005, 10:42 PM   #10
Stroggy
Home Sweet Abandonia

Quote:
Originally posted by MrBackAlleySka@Jul 19 2005, 10:30 PM
but I must say Exile is the best.
I agree, I was stuck on one puzzle for 4 months before I finally figured it out and finished it, I was actually sad to see it end. One of the best games i have ever played.