Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 19-05-2005, 02:19 PM   #1
Tom Henrik
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Send a message via AIM to Tom Henrik Send a message via MSN to Tom Henrik

Feel free to comment and discuss this game here. Also, if you have any useful tips or tricks don't hesitate to share them with the others! Thanks!

Review & Download

Last edited by Luchsen; 24-01-2008 at 03:39 PM.
Tom Henrik is offline                         Send a private message to Tom Henrik
Old 22-05-2005, 02:14 PM   #2
Mindseeker from Japan

Yeah, this's a nice game, made by our KOEI! :evil:

Similar to "FireEmblem" , but much better cause we can use real Daimyos(not "Daymio") exited in real history as game units! k:

Aehm , in addition, the jap ver of this game was not that good as the eng ver...
Dont wanna say why....

Old 22-05-2005, 02:29 PM   #3
Borodin
Home Sweet Abandonia

The black and white graphics are dated, but the game itself had excellent AI, shrewd maneuvering, and distinctive personalities for computer-driven opponents. I really enjoyed it when it first appeared in the US (played Shingen, as I recall).
Borodin is offline                         Send a private message to Borodin
Old 28-05-2005, 08:12 PM   #4
LCJr

This was my first introduction to KOEI way back when I only had a Nintendo. Game was given updated graphics and released for Sega and "I think" SNES.

Excellent game, simple but not too simple and definately challenging.

Old 17-08-2005, 03:48 PM   #5
Mephistokan

I played NA back in the 80's and was successful once (ONCE!) at beating the game on its hardest difficulty level (level 5 i believe). I had to use all 8 players dyamo's (sp), seven of which were down in the bottom left of the map on the island of #'s 44 thru 50 and the one just north on the mainland.......#39 i believe. Anyway I combined all of them under one rule by attacking with one soldier and taking myself as ruler along in the battle. when all 8 were under one flag i moved all soldiers, money and food up to the 2 diyamo's that could be attacked and HUNG ON LOL. I had to save the game a few hundred times but the AI was so aggressive and the %'s were so stacked against me that this way was the only way on level 5. LOVE the AI, storyline, dynamics, flexibility........in other words its a killer game, too bad they dont make em like this anymore.

Bruneaux

Old 26-02-2007, 01:47 AM   #6

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mephistokan @ Aug 17 2005, 03:48 PM) [snapback]144663[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
I played NA back in the 80's and was successful once (ONCE!) at beating the game on its hardest difficulty level (level 5 i believe). I had to use all 8 players dyamo's (sp), seven of which were down in the bottom left of the map on the island of #'s 44 thru 50 and the one just north on the mainland.......#39 i believe. Anyway I combined all of them under one rule by attacking with one soldier and taking myself as ruler along in the battle. when all 8 were under one flag i moved all soldiers, money and food up to the 2 diyamo's that could be attacked and HUNG ON LOL. I had to save the game a few hundred times but the AI was so aggressive and the %'s were so stacked against me that this way was the only way on level 5. LOVE the AI, storyline, dynamics, flexibility........in other words its a killer game, too bad they dont make em like this anymore.

Bruneaux
[/b]
:angry: :bleh: im mad when i click play it says please insert disk, please help me.

Rock

Old 26-02-2007, 04:26 PM   #7
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

DosBox should be utilised.
<Lifeform> can assimilate DosBox under following location.

<Lifeform>s unfamiliar with DosBox should analyze the official DosBox FAQ.
Basic Setup and Installation is a Priority One starting location for that task.
DosBox installation includes file "README.TXT". Contents of the file should be assimilated by <lifeform> prior to any attempts of interaction with DosBox.

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 27-02-2007, 04:56 PM   #8
mirrorshades
Forum hobbit

Ah, Nobunaga's Ambition. I remember playing this game on my friend's Nintendo for what seemed like hours, back in the early 1990s.

I wanted to give it another go, but apparently my skill at strategic management and military tactics has diminished considerably since high school... this game is turning out to be *hard*, even at the lowest difficulty setting.

What I find is that, if I don't get attacked on the first turn, I am unable to build up gold/rice/army/city fast enough to compete... I can barely maintain a status quo. Eventually, I will either invade or be invaded, and my army gets crushed.

I can't believe that I was so much more of a military genius in high school... so I'm thinking I might be missing something. Anyone got any pointers for getting started off on the right foot? I have noticed that the daimyos all begin with different levels of wealth, army sizes, etc... but that doesn't seem to matter since the computer AI builds so much faster than I can.

I know that I can choose 8 players at the beginning, then consolidate all the fiefs... but that feels like cheating somehow (though I'm sure that's what we did in high school). Any tips for winning using the actual gameplay mechanics? :)
mirrorshades is offline                         Send a private message to mirrorshades
Old 18-04-2008, 04:22 AM   #9
F_LeRoy

Default No Sound...

I must not be doing something right. I have this game running in DosBox, & it runs fine. But, all I can hear through the game are something like high-pitched beeps. I'm not sure if there is supposed to any music, but I'd think there would be some sound. Any ideas/ suggestions would be appreciated.
F_LeRoy is offline                         Send a private message to F_LeRoy
Old 18-04-2008, 04:22 PM   #10
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

The high-pitched beeps are PC Speaker sound, which DOSBox emulates and puts through your soundcard instead of your machine's PC Speaker.

That, or if you're running DOSBox with machine=tandy, it's the emulated Tandy-1000 sound chip - a little better than PC Speaker, but not much...

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman