Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Blah, blah, blah...
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 28-11-2005, 04:16 PM   #221
Sapper8

Send a message via MSN to Sapper8

*Most people can't touch their elbows with their tounges.
*Humans and Dolphins are the only species, that have sex for pleasure.
*Every day 3000 Teenagers start smoking.
*You can't kill urself with holding ur breath.
*More than 2500 Left-handed people die every year thanks to things that were designed for right handed people.
*Somewhat 100 people choke beacause of pens per year.
*A turtle can breathe through his but
*Diet coke floats above water, but normal coke sinks.
*If you remove the Colring matter Coca-Cola would have a green colour
*75% of the people, who read this thread tried to touch thir elbows with their tounges.
Sapper8 is offline                         Send a private message to Sapper8
Old 28-11-2005, 04:34 PM   #222
Danny252
I have a custom title!

*Most people can't touch their elbows with their tounges.
Well duh.

Heard it before.

*Every day 3000 Teenagers start smoking.
I'm not one of them!

*You can't kill urself with holding ur breath.
Damn, there went my plans.

*More than 2500 Left-handed people die every year thanks to things that were designed for right handed people.
Rightys rock.

*Somewhat 100 people choke beacause of pens per year.
Uhm...

*A turtle can breathe through his but
I wanna be a turtle!

*Diet coke floats above water, but normal coke sinks.
How about I drink it?

*If you remove the Colring matter Coca-Cola would have a green colour
COOOOOL!

*75% of the people, who read this thread tried to touch their elbows with their tongues.
Cool, I'm rare!
Old 28-11-2005, 04:38 PM   #223
BeefontheBone
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Quote:
That's not true - first off, "dolphin" isn't a species, there are several species of dolphin, and secondly, some apes and monkeys have sex for pleasure, most famously the Bonobo Chimp, which has recreational sex all the time.
BeefontheBone is offline                         Send a private message to BeefontheBone
Old 28-11-2005, 04:39 PM   #224
Danny252
I have a custom title!

Ah yes.. I remember hearing that sometime...
Old 28-11-2005, 04:59 PM   #225
Havell
Home Sweet Abandonia

The thing about coke being green is a myth, and a really stupid one at that.

I can lick my elbow, I can also touch my elbows behind my back, which is another one of those things that you're not supposed to be able to do.

Check here for more myths about coke. That's also a great site to browse for fun, especially cool ones, like Disney.
Havell is offline                         Send a private message to Havell
Old 29-11-2005, 02:36 PM   #226
Sapper8

Send a message via MSN to Sapper8

Oh well... then I stumbled on a myth, but I'll try out the coke and diet coke thing some day...

What I wanted to say was: some people can't touch their elbows.

Maybe I'm wrong about the recreational sex thing... biology isn't exactly my strong point

And now the fact of the day: The most powerful tested thermo nuclear device is the So called Tsar bomba, with the power of 57 megatons. It exploded on the 30th of October 1961 at 8:33 on the Island of Novaja Zemlja. The shockwawe traveled around the globe three times doing it's first circle with 36 hours and 27 minutes.
Sapper8 is offline                         Send a private message to Sapper8
Old 29-11-2005, 05:30 PM   #227
lgonggr
Forum hobbit

On bonobo apes :
They certainly do enjoy it and have sex with everyone and thing they can, including their children. They are also very closey related to us. Scientists have long ago determined that our repressed sexual drives are the cause of all (or at least most of) our social deviant behaviour. Now don't get any ideas :angel:

On time travel :
It is proven to be possible (at least in theory) using tunnels through the spacetime continuum (no, I'm not kidding). You will only be able to get back to the time the tunnel wasa created tough, and your 'personal' time would continue as normal (i.e. no immortality that way).

On wierd physics :
It is proven that in higher dimensional physics that the universe can be viewed as a point. Thus it is possible to communicate faster than light. This has been demonstrated in a famous experiment. If two particles are in a quantummechanical relationship their communication will be instanteneous, i.e. not bound by the speed of light or other restrictions. If you seperate the particles and keep the relationship intact and you change the state of one particle, the other one will change its state instanteneous, i.e. proving they communicate faster than light. This has been demonstrated with atomic clocks.

More on wierd physics :
There exists a particle that draws energy from time itself when it decays. There are several that draw energy from space itself when they decay. Physically this means their existence is 'unnatural' for a certain location/velocity or length of time as they warp the space-time continuum as they decay.

Even more on wierd physics :
Life is an example of twisting the laws of thermodynamics. Life spontaneously creates order out of chaos. It does not break the laws, as this process creates more chaos than order. Still, the strict formulation of the second law of thermodynamics does not hold for organisms.

And finally :
A black hole would not destroy the earth if it hit the planet at sufficient velocity and was small enough.

Cheers,
Lodewijk
lgonggr is offline                         Send a private message to lgonggr
Old 29-11-2005, 05:40 PM   #228
A. J. Raffles
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Quote:
Originally posted by lgonggr@Nov 29 2005, 06:30 PM
On bonobo apes :
They certainly do enjoy it and have sex with everyone and thing they can, including their children. They are also very closey related to us. Scientists have long ago determined that our repressed sexual drives are the cause of all (or at least most of) our social deviant behaviour. Now don't get any ideas :angel:
Sorry if this is a bit of a stupid question, but how on earth do the scientists know whether the apes enjoy it? :eeeeeh:
A. J. Raffles is offline                         Send a private message to A. J. Raffles
Old 29-11-2005, 05:46 PM   #229
lgonggr
Forum hobbit

Interesting biological fact :
It has been experimentally shown that your brain reaches a decision and starts to implement it and only after that do you consciously make a decision. This implies that except from abstract thinking all you do is 'rationalize' decisons your brain has already made its mind up about, if you see what I mean You don't really have a say in everyday decisions you make. They are made for you by you lower mental functions. All you have to do is carry them out.
In a sense, this makes all criminals innocent as they were victims of lower thought processes. As society is completely unable to function if we take this into account (everyone would just do what they wanted) this is completely ignored. It has however been proven to be fact. Seriously, all real 'crimes in anger' murderers had their body shoot before their mind could even make a decision to shoot (other studies have shown that it is extremely unlikely they would have made a decision to shoot if they actually thought about it for a second). As we cannot have a working society were people are not judged on their actions, even if they are 'mentally' innocent, this is largely ignored. And, strangely, this is a good thing as any well adjusted human being cannot cope with killing another human being if they are not punished. They go nuts and kill themselves if they can unless they are punished by society.

Cheers,
Lodewijk
Old 29-11-2005, 05:48 PM   #230
lgonggr
Forum hobbit

Quote:
Originally posted by A. J. Raffles+Nov 29 2005, 06:40 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (A. J. Raffles @ Nov 29 2005, 06:40 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-lgonggr@Nov 29 2005, 06:30 PM
On bonobo apes :
They certainly do enjoy it and have sex with everyone and thing they can, including their children. They are also very closey related to us. Scientists have long ago determined that our repressed sexual drives are the cause of all (or at least most of) our social deviant behaviour. Now don't get any ideas* :angel:
Sorry if this is a bit of a stupid question, but how on earth do the scientists know whether the apes enjoy it? :eeeeeh: [/b][/quote]
read this for example :
http://www.primates.com/bonobos/bonobosexsoc.html