Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 24-11-2005, 06:51 AM   #61

I always did runs between Earth and Betelgeuse (or a system very near it).
Not the best trade route, but absolutely zero pirates.

Old 24-11-2005, 09:38 AM   #62
lgonggr
Forum hobbit

For people who are having difficulties, this site :
http://www.jades.org/ffe.htm
will explain most off them. I recmmend taking a subscription to all the news and make sure you are featured often. You might even make it to the MOST WANTED list (which is the time to buy a new ship and play the inncoent :whistle: ).

Cheers,
Lodewijk
lgonggr is offline                         Send a private message to lgonggr
Old 24-11-2005, 09:53 AM   #63
Noname boy

I remember playing this on my old 486/33. I've played Elite + and Elite:Fronteir, but Encounters was always crashing due to bugs. Strange, because Encounters was supposed to be a "bug killer" version of Frontier and it turned out to have more bugs than its predecessor. :crazy:

Old 24-11-2005, 10:18 AM   #64
Noname boy

If you like games where you can explore a large universe, try NOCTIS. If you like a more modern Elite, try HARDWAR. It's a trade game set on Titan and even has a story, but you can ignore it and play only to trade, get richer and hunt everyone down. It's on Underdogs site. I strongly recommend HARDWAR to those that found Elite too confusing.

Old 24-11-2005, 11:08 AM   #65
Eva02Soul
Game freak

Noctis is on AR, but the thing you notice most about Noctis is that there are an infinite number of planets to explore, but no atmosphere. No starbases, no being jumped by a gang of light fighters while you're cruising along. No fallible drive system where travelling FTL can actually leave you stranded in the middle of no-man's land.

Has anyone here made a jump and then found out your drive had turned into 60 tons of junk? First time that happened I wasn't sure where all the rubbish came from, then found out I had no engine, and it was coming out of a misjump too.
Eva02Soul is offline                         Send a private message to Eva02Soul
Old 24-11-2005, 12:34 PM   #66
whatshisface
Abandonia nerd

Send a message via AIM to whatshisface Send a message via Yahoo to whatshisface
Smile

Is there a way to plot a course to a different system? i end up pressing buttons when i've selected the system i want on the map. and i realy hate if you press the space bar accidentaly the say they will charge a fine, and about one minute later it says missile incoming and i explode!! any help on how to get to a different system?
whatshisface is offline                         Send a private message to whatshisface
Old 24-11-2005, 12:45 PM   #67
Toxik
Game Wizzard

when youre at a base,go to map,put the crosshair on the system you want to get to,then quit the map,request launch clearance,launch,fly upwards,then the hyperspace icon will in the navigation screen(on the left).Press it
Toxik is offline                         Send a private message to Toxik
Old 24-11-2005, 12:49 PM   #68
Eva02Soul
Game freak

Quote:
Originally posted by whatshisface@Nov 24 2005, 01:34 PM
Is there a way to plot a course to a different system? i end up pressing buttons when i've selected the system i want on the map. and i realy hate if you press the space bar accidentaly the say they will charge a fine, and about one minute later it says missile incoming and i explode!! any help on how to get to a different system?
I think you might want to play a different game. Just make sure a missile isn't fired from out of nowhere and blow you up while you're playing it.

Seriously though, the game has a learning curve and the manual was full of misinformation anyway. The best way to master the game is to learn through experience. Save after every successful trip (succesful meaning you're still alive) find your own favourite trade routes, make some mistakes. eventually things start falling into place.
Eva02Soul is offline                         Send a private message to Eva02Soul
Old 24-11-2005, 12:58 PM   #69
Guest_Punch999

What is a good beginers trade route you can start right away?

Old 24-11-2005, 01:02 PM   #70

Earth <-> Barnard's Star is good to begin with.