Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Gaming Zone
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 02-04-2005, 02:35 AM   #11
Yobor
Hero Gamer

Well, HOMM4 IMO was a dissapointment. It was dumbed down to be like a crappy PS version I have played, "Quest for the Dragon Bone Staff".
Yobor is offline                         Send a private message to Yobor
Old 02-04-2005, 02:36 AM   #12
Dreadlord
[BANNED]

Quote:
Originally posted by Yobor@Apr 2 2005, 02:35 AM
Well, HOMM4 IMO was a dissapointment. It was dumbed down to be like a crappy PS version I have played, "Quest for the Dragon Bone Staff".
Did you just make that title up? Cause it's really stupid.

Disciples games are both great, but I thought they were a bit "wacky"
Dreadlord is offline                         Send a private message to Dreadlord
Old 02-04-2005, 02:42 AM   #13
Yobor
Hero Gamer

? Saying because I made it up it is stupid ?
And no, that is actually the title of the game. I should look into buying this "Disciple" game.
Old 02-04-2005, 02:49 AM   #14
Dreadlord
[BANNED]

Nah, it's hard to believe it's the actual title.

Disciples is a really good game.

But Age of Wonders is still better than both HOMM & Disciples.
Dreadlord is offline                         Send a private message to Dreadlord
Old 02-04-2005, 02:58 AM   #15
Yobor
Hero Gamer

Is Age of Wonders a game like Age of Empires?
Old 02-04-2005, 02:59 AM   #16
Dreadlord
[BANNED]

WTF? Uh, not until the sun bursts into a million pieces cause Elton John sings too quietly.

I can't explain it, I'll give you a link Age of Wonders
Old 02-04-2005, 03:57 AM   #17
irrelevantjet
Abandonia nerd

Age of Wonders 2 is a really decent game
irrelevantjet is offline                         Send a private message to irrelevantjet
Old 02-04-2005, 04:47 AM   #18
Iron_Scarecrow
Home Sweet Abandonia

Did you get this "6 fantasy pack" from Auran?

I got that a couple months ago and the Robin Hood game is a very good game, definently the best out of the six. Unfortunately I was about 40% through it took me about 20 hours to get that far, and then the game froze so I had to restart my computer I went back into the game and my saved games are gone. I tried replaying it but it got very boring.

Iron_Scarecrow is offline                         Send a private message to Iron_Scarecrow
Old 02-04-2005, 06:30 AM   #19
a1s
Hero Gamer

Quote:
Originally posted by Unknown Hero+Apr 2 2005, 01:39 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Unknown Hero @ Apr 2 2005, 01:39 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-a1s@Apr 2 2005, 02:35 AM
that is a great bagain, except why would you need 3 copies of the same game? :blink:
What three copies????

Those other two are expansions of first part. Heroes 3 are too stupid to play without Armagedon's blade and Shadow of death. [/b][/quote]
I don't know about disciples (I only had the orignal D2), but both armagedons blade and Shadow of death don't need the original to work, and unless memory fails me one of them actualy had the original camapign as a bonus, so there's no reason to get RoE.

P.S. allso for people who are interested in Heroes I recomend this link: http://www.strategyplanet.com/homm/wog/index.shtml , it's an unoficial expansion, and I think it's pretty cool (you'll need SoD though)
a1s is offline                         Send a private message to a1s
Old 02-04-2005, 11:51 AM   #20
Unknown Hero
Home Sweet Abandonia

Quote:
Originally posted by a1s+Apr 2 2005, 07:30 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (a1s @ Apr 2 2005, 07:30 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Quote:
Originally posted by Unknown Hero@Apr 2 2005, 01:39 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-a1s
Quote:
@Apr 2 2005, 02:35 AM
that is a great bagain, except why would you need 3 copies of the same game? :blink:

What three copies????

Those other two are expansions of first part. Heroes 3 are too stupid to play without Armagedon's blade and Shadow of death.
I don't know about disciples (I only had the orignal D2), but both armagedons blade and Shadow of death don't need the original to work, and unless memory fails me one of them actualy had the original camapign as a bonus, so there's no reason to get RoE.

P.S. allso for people who are interested in Heroes I recomend this link: http://www.strategyplanet.com/homm/wog/index.shtml , it's an unoficial expansion, and I think it's pretty cool (you'll need SoD though) [/b][/quote]
You're right. YOu don't have to have Other two expansions for game to work, but without those two expansions, game sucks alla grande! :not_ok:
Unknown Hero is offline                         Send a private message to Unknown Hero