Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Community News & Feedback > Old Suggestions
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Closed Thread

Old 20-01-2005, 07:13 PM   #1
Danny252
I have a custom title!

I have noticed recently that the forum admin has become more and more like a dictatorship. Whatever they say, goes. They close threads that have no obvious meaning to them, but may have a meaning to the creator. They never ask to close it, just click their almight close thread button and be done with it. Also, some never venture far from forums where they have complete control. Some seem totally heartless. They even use the new 'warning meter' to crush unruly members into submission.

I feel it is high time that the administrative team take a look at the way they are handling the forum and make some well needed changes to the way they behave.

Thankyou for reading this
And hopefully NOT closing it on sight.

Daniel Evans
Old 20-01-2005, 07:17 PM   #2
Data
retired

examples please.
Old 20-01-2005, 07:20 PM   #3
Danny252
I have a custom title!

I believe the only reason the admins(you) got the warning meter was to scare us all so we would be perfect 'citizens' of Abandonia. You knew we weren't always adhering to the rules, but can you sincerely say you have never broken a rule, ever?
Old 20-01-2005, 07:25 PM   #4
einherjar

I find it funny how admin closes threads when they lose an argument. If a "normal" user made some valid points and admin can't logically counter them, it becomes a "useless thread" and a "battlefield for nothing."

Old 20-01-2005, 07:27 PM   #5
Danny252
I have a custom title!

You know, I think the forum is turning very Roman-Empire like. Anyone who stays with the admins is safe. Anyone who isn't with them is attacked, slaved, killed...
Old 20-01-2005, 07:27 PM   #6
einherjar

More like the Borg. Think like SysAdmin, or be destroyed.

Old 20-01-2005, 07:28 PM   #7
Maikel
Abandonia Homie

Hey Danny,

I thought It would be a good time the somewhat more distant / invisible admin here would post something. Well hello and well met, my name is Maikel and i'm an admin for about a couple of months. I'm responsible for the current (graphic) design of the site and generally like to hang around at the forum and help out people with questions. I particularly like the design questions I sometimes get in my PM, so feel free when you have questions. But anyway, back on topic.

-------------------------------

Though there may have been situations where threads had been locked which shouldn't have , I don't think you can blame it all on the admins as seems to be some kind of trend here lately. I've seen a lot if ''dicator this ..dictator that blabla..'' and frankly, i'm getting sick of it.

We try to maintain this site as good as possible and people have to realize that some suggestions they make, how geniously it may seem to them, aren't in the best interest for where we stand for, or just wouldn't work.

Second of all, some threads we close may be meaningful to some people, but sometimes they just go on and on, especially the discussions lately, where people don't seem to accept a ''no'' when there ideas / demands aren't met.

So, it may probably seem impossible to some of you guys, but it's not always the bad admin and the poor victim posters. Some more sensible posting could help to.

Pointing at problems is nice, but please think of suggestions also. And PLEASE bear in mind we don't have the time AND mood to go into endless pointless discussions. for instance, I'm currently doing an internship which keeps me busy for 9 hours a day, after that I have my house to look after, my girlfriend to do lot's of cool things with, my friends and my freelance stuff. So Abandonia is something I do at the side of things. Not 24/7

Thanks in advance,

Maikel,

the less visible admin
Maikel is offline                         Send a private message to Maikel
Old 20-01-2005, 07:29 PM   #8
einherjar

It's always a pointless discussion unless the Admin is clearly right.

Edit: And I don't mean ALL Admin, of course.

Old 20-01-2005, 07:30 PM   #9
Danny252
I have a custom title!

I do admit, sometimes the admins can be OK. Its just that their behaviour sometimes is plainly not acceptable. The site cannot hope to go on if the admins continue to believe they can do just about anything they can.
Old 20-01-2005, 07:31 PM   #10
einherjar

Distributing warns to dissidents in the forum for vague reasons isn't very helpful, either.

Closed Thread