Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 05-03-2007, 11:15 PM   #11
Elon Yariv
Abandonia nerd

Anybody managed to shoot the cannons? I don't understand how to do it, whats the button I should push, or I've tried everybutton, plus pushing all the buttons on the enemy ships, but I can't seem to find it. :wallbash:
Elon Yariv is offline                         Send a private message to Elon Yariv
Old 06-03-2007, 01:22 PM   #12

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(beliar @ Mar 3 2007, 03:31 PM) [snapback]281739[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
Is there any way to change the language to german? There seem to be folders for the texts but i don't see any way to set the language.
I already clicked the wrong options a few times cause i didn't know the words - i guess they are written in an older english.

If theres no way i guess i could try to rename the folders as a last resort.

Edit:
Oh, well. Forget it. Only one folder has the (english) texts. Strangely, its the QUESTD one.
[/b]
:blink: ... and finally how did you changed into german language?

Old 06-03-2007, 01:52 PM   #13
ruivilela
Lurker

(on Dosbox)

About shooting the cannon I left click in boat once, and it start to aim (in one direction ??). Clicking twice gets you to the lower deck. It's seems very hard to aim, and the battle simulation is a little weird. As pirate with 4 cannon and 30 crew in a pinace, I was able to win a battle with a spanish caravel and a carrack with (caravel: 100 crew and 20 cannon). Without hitting a shot in their ships. Second time, I was sunk by other pinnace.

As merchant, the missions stop appearing after first ones to reappear only after 2 years of games (?).

Trading looked good. But suddenly after one year I was buying precious stones (375p in promotion). But I realized every market on game had cheap precious stones, so I keeped in warehouse for a year... and the price didn't change ever. Strange... Every game I started the markets had the same configuration. So it should be possible to predict them.
Same thing happen when I bought rifles...

How can I load the ship from my warehouse ? This I don't know...
ruivilela is offline                         Send a private message to ruivilela
Old 07-03-2007, 10:09 PM   #14
Rannen

It happens to me alot where I'll buy a bunch of one type of cargo at a really sweet price only to find that the entire world market has suddenly plummeted. I figure it's a reaction the game has to you placing to much investment in any one area... why, you ask? Because the developers are sadistic pieces of *CENSORED*
Also, i often get read/write errors in bunches of different circumstances... one of them even straight off the load screen. One such non-fatal error reduced my the max L capacity of my ship to 23... needless to say, I was most discouraged.
Rannen is offline                         Send a private message to Rannen
Old 08-03-2007, 08:52 AM   #15
Kurko

anybody know how to repair sails? when go to shipyard and go for repair they always repair only hulk... I even bought sails at merchant but nothing happend... I still had 15% of sails I went to some port and my ship sunked I suppose it was because of that sails but I dont know how to repair them.... And can anybody tell me what is good for to refit ship? I spend some money for it and I didnt find out any difference... What is captain good for? And is there any way to know how much each product (beer, wool, iron etc. just whatever you can buy) weighs? I dont understand why can you buy 100 of that but only 42 of that etc.

Old 08-03-2007, 02:27 PM   #16

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Rui Vilela @ Mar 6 2007, 01:52 PM) [snapback]282144[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
How can I load the ship from my warehouse ? This I don't know...
[/b]
You go the warehouse and click on the book. In the lower left corner of the book it says warehouse, click this once and it changes to ship - then you can load from warehouse to ship.

I would like to know about the sails as well! I keep sinking too... :tai:
...and the refit - what the heck does it do?
Finally the explorers' guild in london... I can't ever seem to catch one of the ships to be able to invest in them... it always says "all ships are currently away" or whatever. Does anyone know?

Old 09-03-2007, 04:56 AM   #17
Rannen

In the shipyard there's a spot to click for 'repair hull' and a spot to click for 'repair sails.' The spot you click to repair you sails is just above the one for your hull and is located (surprise surprise) over the sails of the ship in the picture.
Rannen is offline                         Send a private message to Rannen
Old 09-03-2007, 11:46 AM   #18
heng

I do have the manual... even in electronic form...
unfortunately completely in german!
and i don't have time to translate them to english...

should i post them anyway? and if so how and where?
it's about 260Kb plain text...

Old 09-03-2007, 04:31 PM   #19

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(heng @ Mar 9 2007, 11:46 AM) [snapback]282579[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
I do have the manual... even in electronic form...
unfortunately completely in german!
and i don't have time to translate them to english...

should i post them anyway? and if so how and where?
it's about 260Kb plain text...
[/b]
In German? :w00t: - Yes, pleeeaaase! k:

Old 09-03-2007, 05:25 PM   #20
Guest_Sebatianos_*

No problem, I have already done this with Dominus manual, so you're feel free to upload it.