Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 17-12-2006, 06:30 PM   #1
Romano
Ye Olde Anarchist

Feel free to comment and discuss this game here. Also, if you have any useful tips or tricks don't hesitate to share them with the others! Thanks!

Review and Download

Last edited by Luchsen; 25-01-2008 at 04:49 PM.
Romano is offline                         Send a private message to Romano
Old 17-12-2006, 10:40 PM   #2

One of the fast things of these star trek games.

They made heavy use of tokens,just like in the series on telly, 3 standard guys and a new unknown guy go on a mission. Hmm i wonder who is gonna die.

Old 18-12-2006, 01:13 AM   #3
BlackFurredBeast

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Guest @ Dec 17 2006, 10:40 PM) [snapback]271942[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
One of the fast things of these star trek games.

They made heavy use of tokens,just like in the series on telly, 3 standard guys and a new unknown guy go on a mission. Hmm i wonder who is gonna die.
[/b]
DAMN REDSHIRTS!

Fun aside, I vividly remember butting my head in frustration when trying to play this in the old days. Some of those puzzles were HARD. I just went through the two first Monkey Islands when a friend gave me this game. Totally different from MI. Maybe I should give this a whirl. It's been ages
BlackFurredBeast is offline                         Send a private message to BlackFurredBeast
Old 18-12-2006, 06:43 AM   #4

Too bad they never made this a talkie...

I guess the 25th aniversary was a bit more special then "just" another Star Trek game.

Old 18-12-2006, 10:23 AM   #5

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Guest @ Dec 18 2006, 06:43 AM) [snapback]271955[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
Too bad they never made this a talkie...

I guess the 25th aniversary was a bit more special then "just" another Star Trek game.
[/b]
Hello people,

A 'talkie' version of Judgement Rites does exist but it was very rare, part of a special package that also included collectables and a video of "The City of thed Edge of Forever".

Old 18-12-2006, 12:48 PM   #6
paulypoos
Abandonia nerd

Both this game and 25th Anniversary are cracking adventures, a lot of fun..well thought out and immerse you in the Star Trek universe. Im a bit shocked to learn that only the COLLECTORS edition (the one with the video) of Judgment Rites was a talkie because I had it and sold it when I got my hands on a budget (white label) UK release of these 2 games which both came in the same box and on seperate cds, I think I may indeed have gotten rid of the talkie one in error thinking the other cd one was identical..eek! will have to check it out. I still have a manual for the collectors edition and it mentions voice cast whilst the manual for the other release doesnt so it could well be true that only the collectors one had voices. The collectors one also came with a cd with interviews and behind the scenes making of the game on as well I believe...

Great game...thanks for pointing out the differences between the versions

....Actually, as I recall, the collectors set I had was missing the video so I just held onto the manual, extras cd and heaven knows what I did with the game cd (charity shop perhaps) as I stupidly thought the budget one was identical and didnt want to keep 2 copies, the box was binned for being VERY tattered, oh the follies of youth! he he...tested my budget cd of this game, nice music and sound effects BUT no voices apart from shatners intro..
paulypoos is offline                         Send a private message to paulypoos
Old 18-12-2006, 01:42 PM   #7
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

I've got the talkie version (that's why I was able to point out the version differences). All text has full voice-overs (though a few of them are bugged).
Don't think it includes the interviews or "behind the scenes" info, though.

The version where voice is only in the intro sequence is the FDD version with the sound/video addon installed.

Oh and here is ED2K link for it (works with an ED2K client like eMule)
Quote:
ed2k://|file|Star%20Trek%20Judgment%20Rites%20By%20Synete ch.rar|689965972|7DF5D055D19D1166238A8871416F533C| h=OTAI7I4DNULYWGWN2ACODAZPOMGNIFLA|/[/b]

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 18-12-2006, 02:34 PM   #8
Doubler
Resident Llama

Send a message via MSN to Doubler

Heheh, I also own the "very rare" collectors box. 61140 of 75000, including the episode, a pin and a couple of interviews,etc. All in cool black and gold :P
Is it the community around here, or what?

Anyway, I never really got into the game. I mentioned it way back in the 25thA thread, though, posting as a guest.
Old 18-12-2006, 05:43 PM   #9

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Doubler @ Dec 18 2006, 02:34 PM) [snapback]271987[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
Heheh, I also own the "very rare" collectors box. 61140 of 75000, including the episode, a pin and a couple of interviews,etc. All in cool black and gold :P
Is it the community around here, or what?

Anyway, I never really got into the game. I mentioned it way back in the 25thA thread, though, posting as a guest.
[/b]
What I love about this game is:
- so much detail went into the world - tricorder will give info on nearly anything
- great seperate little stories which means variety
- a score according to how smart you were
- and last but most important: there are many ways to complete one "puzzle"

Old 18-12-2006, 09:37 PM   #10
Luk@

downloading it atm...
2 kb/s :<
gg
Luk@ is offline                         Send a private message to Luk@