Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 15-01-2014, 11:01 PM   #1
redwing634
Forum hobbit

Default Need help running Juilliard Music Adventure

I was able to find a download of it here:
http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/sho...usic+adventure

But once I download the file, it extracts to a bunch of other files, none of which have an install. Can someone help me to get this work, or point me to another possible download?
redwing634 is offline                         Send a private message to redwing634
Old 16-01-2014, 08:37 AM   #2
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

It's a disk image. Use Daemon Tools to mount it as a virtual CD drive. Then mount that drive in DOSBox.

Incidentally, it's a Windows 3.x game. You'll need this: http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/showthread.php?t=27770

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 16-01-2014, 12:56 PM   #3
redwing634
Forum hobbit

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fifth Horseman View Post
It's a disk image. Use Daemon Tools to mount it as a virtual CD drive. Then mount that drive in DOSBox.

Incidentally, it's a Windows 3.x game. You'll need this: http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/showthread.php?t=27770
while file extension should be mounted? I'm familiar with mounting files with daemon tools but used to seeing 1 single file to mount. With this, there are several .r00, .r01, .r02, etc.
redwing634 is offline                         Send a private message to redwing634
Old 16-01-2014, 08:08 PM   #4
dosraider
Dismembered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by redwing634 View Post
while file extension should be mounted? I'm familiar with mounting files with daemon tools but used to seeing 1 single file to mount. With this, there are several .r00, .r01, .r02, etc.
*.rxx files aren't the image file.
If you get several *.r.xx files it means you dealing with a splitted archive.
You need to download all those files, store them in a temporary whatever map (something as \julliard\, whatever suits you) and then click on one of them.
You'll see the name of the image file (7zip does a nice job with them archives and is freeware), 'extract' cdimage to a folder that suits you and then you can mount the image in dtools or if you're lucky you can mount it directly in dosbox with imgmount.

Careful, do not extract the files whithin the CDimage file, it's the image file itself you need.

Seems the download has been disabled, so I can't tell you what kind of CDimage you'll find, can be ISO, BIN-CUE, or something else.
ISO and BIN-CUE can be mounted directly in dosbox with imgmount, if you get another format you'll need dtools.
Best mount the image as D:\ in dosbox.
Launch dosbox and whithin win3 install the game from D:\ on C:\

Not a member of The Victorious People's Shoutbox Liberation Army.
Not a member of the GAG Guerrilla. Don't get A Grip!
FOR RENT
*Advertising space*

Last edited by dosraider; 16-01-2014 at 08:13 PM.
dosraider is offline                         Send a private message to dosraider
Old 16-01-2014, 11:03 PM   #5
redwing634
Forum hobbit

Quote:
Originally Posted by dosraider View Post
*.rxx files aren't the image file.
If you get several *.r.xx files it means you dealing with a splitted archive.
You need to download all those files, store them in a temporary whatever map (something as \julliard\, whatever suits you) and then click on one of them.
You'll see the name of the image file (7zip does a nice job with them archives and is freeware), 'extract' cdimage to a folder that suits you and then you can mount the image in dtools or if you're lucky you can mount it directly in dosbox with imgmount.

Careful, do not extract the files whithin the CDimage file, it's the image file itself you need.

Seems the download has been disabled, so I can't tell you what kind of CDimage you'll find, can be ISO, BIN-CUE, or something else.
ISO and BIN-CUE can be mounted directly in dosbox with imgmount, if you get another format you'll need dtools.
Best mount the image as D:\ in dosbox.
Launch dosbox and whithin win3 install the game from D:\ on C:\
I'm getting the idea. The download was one file: JMA.b1

Would I need to mount the b1 file with dtools? I'm not familiar with .b1 extensions.
Old 12-09-2014, 06:25 PM   #6
Laranx

Hey guys, I'm very interested in this game, is there anyone that can tell me why when I click that download link I get a

"Laranx, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation."

...message, any chance someone can help me out? Thank you!
Laranx is offline                         Send a private message to Laranx
Old 12-09-2014, 08:29 PM   #7
Japo
Autonomous human

The thread was deleted, I'm not sure why, maybe by mistake, since the game is approved and I can't find it for sale:
http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/sho...651#post460651

Try the download link:
http://www.4shared.com/dir/6681444/455079c1/JMA.html

The thread I can't restore it myself, I've reported it though
Old 13-09-2014, 01:34 AM   #8
Laranx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Japo View Post
The thread was deleted, I'm not sure why, maybe by mistake, since the game is approved and I can't find it for sale:
http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/sho...651#post460651

Try the download link:
http://www.4shared.com/dir/6681444/455079c1/JMA.html

The thread I can't restore it myself, I've reported it though

Thank you!
Laranx is offline                         Send a private message to Laranx
Old 14-09-2014, 03:41 PM   #9
redwing634
Forum hobbit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laranx View Post
Thank you!
Laranx can you let me know if you get the game working via that download link? I was never able to.