Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 19-09-2008, 01:05 PM   #131
arete
If All Else Fails, Play Dead

*renders fifth confused and helpless with something nasty in that tea he was drinking five minutes ago...* :laugh:

"You have heard that it was said, 'You shall love your neighbor and hate your enemy.' But I say to you, love your enemies, bless those who curse you, do good to those who hate you, and pray for those who spitefully use you and persecute you..."
arete is offline                         Send a private message to arete
Old 23-09-2008, 09:47 PM   #132
Sal
Game Wizzard

Arete..don't give up., this is a great game and the end is quite exciting.For Steve not to appear you must have missed somethingGoing from group to group can become a tad boring but you have to cover everything. Good luck...Sal

"give up you can not" "try you must"

Last edited by Sal; 23-09-2008 at 09:50 PM.
Sal is offline                         Send a private message to Sal
Old 17-03-2009, 08:53 PM   #133
jniemann42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwalin View Post
I need help again. I just deciphered the two hieroglyphic messages in Olympia Myklos’ office, but I don’t understand if I need to use the translations right now or only during the questioning at the end of the game? When I tried to tell the message to one of the suspects wandering in the museum , I could write in the notebook only the beginning of the first sentence of the first message ( “I pay homage to thee…”) and after that the computer refused to write further – the sentence was too long. When I tried to click on the sentence with the mouse, it just became one letter shorter, and when I just pressed exit, after having written the sentence, the character I was speaking to didn't reply. So is the impossibility to tell this the message to the other characters a bug or is it all right that way? I am asking that only because I read that, if a player doesn't do something important during the game, he won't be able to complete the investigation and will have to replay all the game from the start. And I don't want to look into the walkthrough yet, because I might casually read some spoiler, while seeking for the answer to this particular question.
This answer is a little late, but you need them when you run into the Egyptian cult at the end and they question you. I don't think you get to keep going if you answer those questions wrong (the answers are "womb" and "tomb" if I remember correctly, but you can figure out the answers from the questions themselves rather than translating). I think the questions were "what is the room you leave without entering" and "what is the room you enter without leaving".
jniemann42 is offline                         Send a private message to jniemann42
Old 17-03-2009, 08:56 PM   #134
jniemann42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwalin View Post
I just finished the game and have a question about the plot:

SPOILER

What was the point of killing Pippin Carter? All the others were eliminated, because they were accomplices of the murderer in the theft of the dagger and had to be silenced (except Yvette Delacroix, who was killed for jealousy ). But why kill Carter, who was not one of the gang and, as it seems, knew nothing? Or, if he did find out who the thieves were, why didn't he tell anything at the party? Maybe I missed something in the game?
I think the point of killing Pippin Carter was eliminating an obstacle in stealing the Dagger, he was the expert on it and might have posed a threat especially since the Dagger was hidden in the museum the whole time (even in plain sight in the gift shop).
jniemann42 is offline                         Send a private message to jniemann42
Old 15-04-2009, 04:44 PM   #135
legend789

Hello guys I'm new in this particular board.

I have a question though. Is this game patched so you can't get the Egyptology question wrong? I ask because I'm trying to find an unpatched floppy disk version, mostly for collection's sake. Thanks you very much!
legend789 is offline                         Send a private message to legend789
Old 15-04-2009, 05:07 PM   #136
arete
If All Else Fails, Play Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by legend789 View Post
Hello guys I'm new in this particular board.

I have a question though. Is this game patched so you can't get the Egyptology question wrong? I ask because I'm trying to find an unpatched floppy disk version, mostly for collection's sake. Thanks you very much!
If you're asking whether or not it's a cracked version, then yes, I believe it is. You're referring to the copy protection at the beginning?

"You have heard that it was said, 'You shall love your neighbor and hate your enemy.' But I say to you, love your enemies, bless those who curse you, do good to those who hate you, and pray for those who spitefully use you and persecute you..."
arete is offline                         Send a private message to arete
Old 15-04-2009, 05:34 PM   #137
red_avatar
Administrator

I bought this game a few weeks ago so I can make a copy of the original disks for archival purposes?

red_avatar is offline                         Send a private message to red_avatar
Old 15-04-2009, 05:43 PM   #138
Luchsen
Lurking Forever

Woohoo! We are on a floppy image trip! :brain:
Old 15-04-2009, 06:41 PM   #139
red_avatar
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luchsen View Post
Woohoo! We are on a floppy image trip! :brain:
I'll first need to find an USB floppy drive though My PC wasn't built with one (pesky little things).

red_avatar is offline                         Send a private message to red_avatar
Old 05-05-2009, 08:31 AM   #140
Maxor127
Game Wizzard

This game actually disappointed me. I like good mystery games, but this one ended up being too ridiculous and I hated the songs. Plus the voice acting was grating.
Maxor127 is offline                         Send a private message to Maxor127