Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 07-02-2007, 08:15 PM   #1
Romano
Ye Olde Anarchist

Feel free to comment and discuss this game here. Also, if you have any useful tips or tricks don't hesitate to share them with the others! Thanks!

Review and Download

Last edited by Luchsen; 25-01-2008 at 04:56 PM.
Romano is offline                         Send a private message to Romano
Old 08-02-2007, 01:30 AM   #2
rabadi
New(bie) Kid on the Linux Users' Block

Well, I didn't know there was a Jonny Quest game in 1990s, but I sure do remember the classic television series. I watched the series in early 1980s IIRC. I also remember there was a remake of some sort, or just a new series, of Jonny Quest in late 1990s. For these new series I only watched a few, they are a bit too much of virtual reality for my taste. I only vaguely remember the one episode with the Jerzey Devil.

Will download the game later. Thanks, Abandonia.
rabadi is offline                         Send a private message to rabadi
Old 08-02-2007, 04:40 AM   #3
wendymaree
Home Sweet Abandonia

Hey, great review, Sebatianos. Thanks for uploading, Romano. Sounds like an intriguing game, but pity about the fighting parts.
wendymaree is offline                         Send a private message to wendymaree
Old 08-02-2007, 03:16 PM   #4
Mousazz
Game freak

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(wendymaree @ Feb 8 2007, 06:40 AM) [snapback]278450[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
Hey, great review, Sebatianos. Thanks for uploading, Romano. Sounds like an intriguing game, but pity about the fighting parts.
[/b]
exactly!

okay what i need is that game crashes then i lose a fight! CONTROLS ARE NORMAL BUT I WAN'T TO FIGHT AND I CAN'T TALK !!!!
Mousazz is offline                         Send a private message to Mousazz
Old 08-02-2007, 04:40 PM   #5

Are you using dosbox?

Old 09-02-2007, 04:20 PM   #6
thebes
Game freak

I ahem, used to watch this in the sixties!
Luke 7:23 And blessed is he, whosoever shall not be offended in me.
thebes is offline                         Send a private message to thebes
Old 09-02-2007, 09:47 PM   #7
Mousazz
Game freak

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Guest @ Feb 8 2007, 06:40 PM) [snapback]278505[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
Are you using dosbox?
[/b]
yes and i found another thing. it's not if i get in jail, it's if i fight with the redman! i can fight, but after it... POOF! no controls working.

easter egg:
Kirk pushed untested button three days ago and teleported to Jonny's Quest world. There they agreed to help Jonny, cause this reality will dissolve as soon as Jonny's quest is completed. Jonny got an assigment in Guatemalan Jungle. Kirk is to monitor Jonny's process and help then needed, as only Jonny can finish this assigment. three hours from beggining of adventure, a boom hit the decks. As usual, sulu raised shields, and armed weapons and torpedoes.
Kirk: Spock what happened?
Spock: Sir, we lost contact with jonny and hadji! Nature of explosion is unknown!
Kirk: what about bandit?
McCoy: No worries, his physical condi...
Spock: Sir! Mayans attacking our ship! Enterprice gonna blow!
Alarm: Red alert! Red alert! all personal please take rations, communicators, tricorders and wait to be teleported
Kirk: computer, order everyone to take translators
Boom! Boom!.. Silence
Spock: Sir, tikal opened a black hole! We must escape quickly or else well gonna be...
Kirk: ...Kaputsky! Quick, computer tell everyone to take translators, now!
Spock: Sir that's illogi...
Alarm: Pshhhhhh! Alert! Pshhhh! Please! Pshhh! trans... Psss...ssss...ssssssss! Trans... Pshhhh! ...lators!!!!
Scott: sir! left impulse reactor gonna blow! if hyperdrive blows.......
Boom!
Scott: sorry sir, we got one minute left!
Kirk: it's not over yet! computer, track down bandit's speech and translate it!
Bandit: help! Pshhhhhh in... Pshhhhhh! Tikal's temple! pshhhhh!...
Scott: sir, computer lost power, 10 seconds left until explosion!!
Kirk: Sulu, Put all power in shields and leave life suport sistems and bridge computers to minimum!
Sulu: Doing it... now!
suddenly computers shut down and restart after second
Scott: cap'n nice move! 25 secs added!
Kirk: Mr. Kyles, ready transporters! now, computer, say "everyone energize!"
Alarm: everyone energize!
Uhura: Sir putting on Hadji's transmission:
Hadji: Pshhhh! Kirk, cordinates are Pshhhh!
kirk: repeat that please!
Hadji: 927. 627.
Kirk: Kiles, put on these cordinates! 927. 627.
Kiles: done, awaiting orders!
Kirk: Mr. Kiles, Uhura, Spock, McCoy, Scott, Sulu and Chekov, energize!
everyone: energyzing!
intercom: Cap, this is scotty, you got 2 seconds to get out!
Suddenly, a boom.
Scott: nice mone cap'n!
Kirk: but that's not my doing!
Chekov: Right after 3rd explosion i put repair bots to fix engines,-he adds- five seconds left!
Kirk energyzes, then he transports near jonny and looks through window, only to see enterprice destroyed! Only if he wouldn't push that untested button while he was drunk he would never get to Jonny's world! And if he wouldn't help Jonny, he would never get into this place!
Spock: Sir, i estimated coordinates of the rest of crew, they're in isolated cave near core! temperature's is different! for example: near the entrance it's 180 celcius, and at far back it's -40 celcius!
Kirk: well we need to get out of this temple! then we'll need to get our crew back and rebuild enterprice!
and so Jonny, Hadji, Bandit, Kirk and his crew marched together out.

Btw: sorry about such easter egg! well you get the point of problem
Old 10-02-2007, 05:40 PM   #8

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mousazz @ Feb 9 2007, 09:47 PM) [snapback]278671[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
yes and i found another thing. it's not if i get in jail, it's if i fight with the redman! i can fight, but after it... POOF! no controls working.
[/b]
Interesting. I've noticed that if I fight near the big lake in the middle of the jungle then the background flickers during the fight, but it works alright after the fight.

I'm using DOSBox .065 - which is your version?

Old 15-02-2007, 01:29 PM   #9
Mousazz
Game freak

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Guest @ Feb 10 2007, 07:40 PM) [snapback]278734[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mousazz @ Feb 9 2007, 09:47 PM) [snapback]278671[/snapback]
Quote:
[/b]
Interesting. I've noticed that if I fight near the big lake in the middle of the jungle then the background flickers during the fight, but it works alright after the fight.

I'm using DOSBox .065 - which is your version?
[/b][/quote]
Ups! Sorry! Thanks for helping me! i used version 0.63
sorry .
bye!
Old 09-02-2015, 09:26 PM   #10
Vanessa1991
Cool Experience

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebes View Post
I ahem, used to watch this in the sixties!
I ahem am 23, watched Jonny Quest 1st season from birth (1991) to about a month ago (2015). Still one of my favorites.

I would play this game growing up. I never beat it and still want to. Basically you only get two lives. Mom and Dad had control of the computer and they were the only ones who knew how to turn it on so I didn't play a lot.

I full heartily believe the last time I played it I had one the game, but i made a bad decision and then my game crashed. Mom and Dad wouldn't let me play it again and then we updated to a our 1990 computer to a 2002 computer that didn't support it, so the dream died. I'll have to check this out.

Very basic graphic, if you run into bad guys you can try to talk yourself out of battle but then have to fight next time you meet. You have basic combat skills, can ask your friends Hadji and Bandi for slight help, and fight monster Mayan Warriors in a Temple. Be careful not to loose a fight or you'll be taken to their temple dungeon and have to call for help. Too many rescues will cause Race to pull you out of the mission and you'll have to start story over.