Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 08-04-2004, 02:47 PM   #11
LotharGR
Super Freak

What does NCC-1701 mean? Do ships in Star treck universe have code numbers like war ships of our time? And is this number a serial number, or just a simple number? ( sorry for the stupid question but i am not into star treck at all, but i always liked the series )
LotharGR is offline                         Send a private message to LotharGR
Old 10-04-2004, 09:01 PM   #12
The Niles
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

NCC 1701 really means nothing. Gene Roddenberry put that in front of the ships name so it would sound more like a warship's name. All Federation ships have such a number now Voyager for instance is NCC 74656. The Higher the number the newer the ship is what is most likely but there are many exceptions to that rule.
The Niles is offline                         Send a private message to The Niles
Old 10-04-2004, 09:07 PM   #13
LotharGR
Super Freak

I see What i always liked in "star treck" is that the technology that everything in the movie's universe is based ( spaceships etc ) is not completely science fiction, but many of the machines etc in the star treck universe, theoritically at least do exist, or will exist someday.
Old 12-04-2004, 08:20 AM   #14
Danny252
I have a custom title!

Warp technology is theoretically sound(or so im told) but they cannot stabilise it.. says my mum..
Old 12-04-2004, 10:39 PM   #15
The Niles
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

That theory is more then 30 years old now and I think it is no longer as sound as it once was but thepoint is it was thought through instead of doing things because they are "cool".
The Niles is offline                         Send a private message to The Niles
Old 13-04-2004, 07:19 AM   #16
mika
Games Master

I know this is gonna get me really flamed, but I feel like Star Trek is dead these days. I mean I know they're still coming up with loads of episodes and all, but it's all just a variation of the same theme over-and-over-and-over-and-...

I used to love them years ago but these days I'm just bored of them...
mika is offline                         Send a private message to mika
Old 13-04-2004, 11:12 AM   #17
The Niles
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

I couldn't agree more. I still watched Enterprise up until a few months ago. Now I have about six episodes recorded but not watched yet. I will get to them eventually no doubt but the thrill is gone. Nemmesis was the worst TNG movie and one of the worst movies overall. The good thing though is that the games that get released are a lot better then they were and now that I have all TNG episodes on DVD I can watch them whenever I feel like it. There should be a new TNG movie in my opinion but Ent should be cancelled and no new series should be launched for at least 10 years. We need a star trek break.
Old 13-04-2004, 01:10 PM   #18
LotharGR
Super Freak

What will come after TNG....? I mean Picard and his crew eventually will get old as Kirk and his crew have done. Are there any serious plans about what will come after them?
Old 16-04-2004, 09:59 AM   #19
The Niles
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Right now there are no plans to make another movie. Nemesis lost a lot of money for Paramount and Enterprise is not doing so well either. Chances are there will be no more Star Trek movies in the foreseeable future.
Rabyd Rev -- 2 Timothy 2:15
Old 01-06-2004, 09:24 AM   #20
gregor
Home Sweet Abandonia

Quote:
That theory is more then 30 years old now and I think it is no longer as sound as it once was but thepoint is it was thought through instead of doing things because they are \"cool\".
actually the ion engine was once only in SF too and they will make one soon or they already did. so maybe they will do the warp thing to in years to come.

BTW does anyone know how to end the mission where you find damage Republica ship? i mean you have to battle against enterprise replica+2 ships. i find it impossible to win them all.
gregor is offline                         Send a private message to gregor