Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 01-08-2012, 09:44 PM   #241
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

This error should only occur if the game is unable to find its' data files - either the path to the game directory inside DOSBox is different than the path specified in lions.cfg or your archiver was set to ignore the directory structure inside the ZIPs when unpacking the game.

Try replacing the line in lions.cfg with this:
CDPATH=.
(Yes, that's a period after the equality sign)

If that doesn't work, please show us a screenshot of the contents of your C:\TMP\LION directory.

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 02-08-2012, 04:19 PM   #242
Munyar

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fifth Horseman View Post
This error should only occur if the game is unable to find its' data files - either the path to the game directory inside DOSBox is different than the path specified in lions.cfg or your archiver was set to ignore the directory structure inside the ZIPs when unpacking the game.

CDPATH=.

If that doesn't work, please show us a screenshot of the contents of your C:\TMP\LION directory.
Thank you for all the help. I did finally get it to work. Apparently it was a download error. It worked fine after I redownloaded and tried again. Now my only problem is figuring out how to mate and join other lions in a pride
Munyar is offline                         Send a private message to Munyar
Old 24-10-2012, 03:56 PM   #243
Masai Pride

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordBreadsticks View Post
http://wolf-forum.forumh.net/c2-lion

Its a bit tricky to mate in lion.
First try to get all four bars (health, stamina, food, and water) full.
Then, if you're a lioness, press 'U'. If the lioness rolls over, she's willing to mate.
Approach the male and harass him constantly by following him, roaring, etc. It helps if his four bars are near full too. What you want to do is press 'u' when near him and click on him. If you were successful, you will see a quick mating scene. Do this until you can no longer mate. Wait a few game hours or days and repeat the process.

If your lioness is pregnant, she will no longer want to mate. It will take about 180 days for the cubs to be born. They will function the same as the other lions, but will be smaller in size. You cannot play as your cubs. It takes about 800 days for them to grow up fully, and they will either join the pride as an adult member, or leave. Hope I helped
I'm always making Mozumba and Umar mate and it's working. But it's already two/three days in-game and she isn't rolling in her back and I'm at day 21 in-game. Does that mean she is pregnant?

Oh, and Jinja was mauled during hunting and her health won't go up. She's been very distant from the Pride as well.

Old 02-02-2013, 02:20 AM   #244
MistyIce~
Default A little help please? D:

Hi! I'm new to this game, lion and wolf. When I played the first time, I didn't know what the
controls for what and whatever, but I rreeaallyy need help with how to drink and eat,
plus to sleep. Someone help me please!

Old 23-04-2013, 02:06 AM   #245
Visitor
Default Help

Okay so... I tried opening Lions in the DOSbox but... Here's the thing I've been doing
mount c c:\lion
c:
cd lion
lion

But at "cd lion" it says "Unable to change to: lion"
Help? Also, when I skip that part and just do
Mount c c:\lion
c:
lion

It comes up with this "hr_hires.c #1.-1"
Heeelp?

I've been playing WOLF, and it's amazing(still trying to mate o-o no luck) but I really want to play LION... So, I'd appreciate help c:

Old 23-04-2013, 04:05 AM   #246
dosraider
Dismembered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Visitor View Post
mount c c:\lion
Nope, wrong mount.

Unzip the whole "lion" dir in \oldgames\ so you get \oldgames\lion\

In dosbox mount \oldgames\ as virtual C:
if done correctly

c:
cd lion
lion

will work.

What the specific \oldgames\ dir is depends of your OS.
Read the tutorials.
Notice: you should never mount a games dir directly as C: in dosbox, but always use \oldgames\ (or similar) with the game directory (folder) as subdirectory of \oldgames\
Some games need that specific mount to be able to find their files.
Even if some (in fact most) dosgames will work with game folder mounted directly as C: many won't be able to run/find needed files..... so sooner or later you run into this kind of problems.
Again: read the tutorials, they are there for a reason.

Not a member of The Victorious People's Shoutbox Liberation Army.
Not a member of the GAG Guerrilla. Don't get A Grip!
FOR RENT
*Advertising space*
dosraider is offline                         Send a private message to dosraider
Old 03-08-2013, 04:07 PM   #247
Ryvrsong

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fifth Horseman View Post

CDPATH=.

I found this to work fine! All I had to do was put the period, then drag the .exe ontop of DOSBox. Thank you all!

Old 05-11-2013, 08:41 PM   #248
MrLMBs
Default LION...where to find...

- white giraffe
- buffalo for Dial B
- film crew
- poachers camp

I go where it tells me and I run out of time before I see anything....

Old 05-04-2014, 03:36 PM   #249
ichitz
Lurker

i LOVED this game when I was younger. Been searching high and low for this and can't believe I actually found it again!

Only problem is no sound.
And also it seems to run fairly slow on Dosbox. I'm getting lots of lags and I'm not sure why. Any good fixes?
ichitz is offline                         Send a private message to ichitz
Old 21-11-2014, 10:28 PM   #250
ZacherieRee
Default Help

I have dosbox and lion but I dont know how to work dosbox (its been a long time since I used it) How do I set it up and get lion to work?