Go Back   Forums > Updates Workflow > Offers
Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 29-07-2014, 06:26 PM   #1
Darkie4646

Smile Darkie4646 - Jazz Jackrabbit

I have the Epic Classics release of Jazz Jackrabbit from 2005 and I was wondering where can I upload the ISO at (Keep in mind that the Epic Classics site hasn't been updated since 2008 so I doubt its still being sold)
Darkie4646 is offline                         Send a private message to Darkie4646
Old 30-07-2014, 02:21 AM   #2
marko river
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Hi and welcome

We can't host anything before it is checked, even if it already seems obvious it is abandoned. Please post new topic in Requests forum and put name of CD release as title and put other info like company and year in text. You may add your opinion on why you think it is abandoned and our guys will check it.

As for uploading ISO, just upload it to any file sharing site and post the link(s) in ISO Cellar in topic Requests. I'll handle the rest.
That is enough, but it would be helpful if you put some extra effort. First, pack the image to take less space. Use zip, rar or even better 7zip (best compression) for that. Then, when posting a link, add type of image (ISO, BIN etc), the size of compressed archive in megabytes and any additional information. That can be: what games are in the release (if more than one game), any extra material possibly included, what release of the game etc. In your case, I guess the game is called Jazz Jackrabbit, Epic Classics release.

If you are unsure which site to use for sharing, we tend to use 4shared. You need to create an account there, but it is free and you get some space where you can host files indefinitely. And trust me, that's really important, since previously we had to bother with re-uploading constantly.

BTW, is the game any different from the original version?
marko river is offline                         Send a private message to marko river
Old 30-07-2014, 06:14 AM   #3
Darkie4646

Quote:
Originally Posted by marko river View Post
Hi and welcome

We can't host anything before it is checked, even if it already seems obvious it is abandoned. Please post new topic in Requests forum and put name of CD release as title and put other info like company and year in text. You may add your opinion on why you think it is abandoned and our guys will check it.

As for uploading ISO, just upload it to any file sharing site and post the link(s) in ISO Cellar in topic Requests. I'll handle the rest.
That is enough, but it would be helpful if you put some extra effort. First, pack the image to take less space. Use zip, rar or even better 7zip (best compression) for that. Then, when posting a link, add type of image (ISO, BIN etc), the size of compressed archive in megabytes and any additional information. That can be: what games are in the release (if more than one game), any extra material possibly included, what release of the game etc. In your case, I guess the game is called Jazz Jackrabbit, Epic Classics release.

If you are unsure which site to use for sharing, we tend to use 4shared. You need to create an account there, but it is free and you get some space where you can host files indefinitely. And trust me, that's really important, since previously we had to bother with re-uploading constantly.

BTW, is the game any different from the original version?
The Epic Classic's CD of Jazz Jackrabbit seems to be just like the actual CD Release of Jazz Jackrabbit from Epic Megagames (Expect that Epic Classic burnt their copies of Jazz Jackrabbit on CD-Rs)

Anyways I'll be hosting the ISO soon
Darkie4646 is offline                         Send a private message to Darkie4646
Old 01-08-2014, 03:12 PM   #4
marko river
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

So, you can confirm that this release also contains 3 extra episodes that were added in original CD release? Those 3 episodes apparently were not part of floppy release...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkie4646 View Post
The Epic Classic's CD of Jazz Jackrabbit seems to be just like the actual CD Release of Jazz Jackrabbit from Epic Megagames (Expect that Epic Classic burnt their copies of Jazz Jackrabbit on CD-Rs)
And what did Epic Megagames used?

Also, what is the image type? ISO???

Last edited by marko river; 01-08-2014 at 03:16 PM.
marko river is offline                         Send a private message to marko river