Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 19-02-2007, 03:21 PM   #61
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

Quote:
You seem like a self righteous little prick doncha? I myself have a hard time finding these types of games in stores because no one carrys them. The only way to find games like that is to pirate them. so go *meep* your hat you little muck![/b]
Not only are you advocating use of warez, but also flaming another user.
As the moderator of this forum I have to inform you that further cases of such behavior will not be tolerated.
If you try that again, your IP adress may be blocked from accessing the forum.

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 25-04-2007, 05:39 AM   #62
Guest_Ryan_*

I bought this game probably about 12 years ago. Good game, I lost my CD, but have been able to find abandonware copies of the old ones. I remember the copy I owned had the voice over on it, but I am unable to find that. It definitely is more humorous to hear the sarcastic comments about half the things in the game.

Also, I never though about how little sense the end makes. All of the evidence you gather has absoleutly nothing to do with finding the killer. You lasso a stupid German Sheppard and it drags you to a doggie door. Then for some reason, your charachter decides that the dog must know something so he follows it in to an alley-side door. Where you sneak around until you get jumped by a tranny. The you wake up later unarmed, and you somehow find hairspray and a lighter that kills the psycho. Woohoo.

Good game though, PQ3 was also good, but the problems there were the driving. It was dang near impossible to drive anywhere in the game. PQ2 was good! and the 2 versions of the first were also good.

I have bought ever single game in this series. I own, PQ1, 2, 3 and 4. I own swat, swat 2, swat 3, swat 4 and the Stetchkov syndicate (swat 4 expansion).

Old 26-04-2007, 07:23 AM   #63
Guest_Ryan_*

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(rallier @ Aug 14 2004, 10:18 AM) [snapback]8728[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
Very good game overall.....and it's fairly easy just follow the info you have.... I hated the end though.......it's not a logical end.....not at all!!!!
what we have there is a retarded crossdresser. The clues i obtained were talking about a beautiful and sensational lady in red......even if that info comes from a 5 y.o. kid. My own prime suspect was yo moneys girlfriend, but i wanted to take a cigarette behind from the ashtray for analisys and wouldn't let me....Furthermore the way you find the murderer is by stupid means of luck........hey come on........do u expect me to believe that all the work done has to rely on a dog that drags you on a rope? (that's so silly!!!!!).......maybe sierra was very hasty in releasing the game......because i am sure they could think of something better than that......extremely disappointing....only the shoe directed me to a thought of the killer not being a woman.

But if you remember at the beginning it said: ur killer has transportation
I can't see how a retard could obtain a driving license and learn driving on his own. Furthermore.......what was his assosiation with the rest of the victims? something is a miss!!!!!!!!!
[/b]

Well, actually I believe the way the ending is justified is that out of the 5 murders they all point to different things. The very beginning points to it being a woman that smokes because of cigarette lipstick. The second dead cop scene you find a red shoe, yet again a woman. #3 you find out that there is a stray dog interested in the bodies and that it was the same killer at that murder scene, the last 2 people, one of them is the social worker for the woman who owns the strip bar and the mentally unstable (not retarded) owner of the theater.

If you paid attention the guy who owns the theater mother was murdered when he was young and he went nuts (Ie. the stuttering and stuff). Also, if you pay attention you read/hear him tell you that he owns a dog that someone claims he didn't feed and take care of properly (the stray at the park). What ends up happening is you run out of leads and you figure you should try to see wtf the dog is all about. You lasso him and you get drug to the theaters back alley. You go in, find a head in the fridge and realize that the crazy guy is the crossdressing murderer.

The ending wasn't like.. all this evidence here.... bam... dog.. rope... end. Thats a gross simplification. If you pay attention it really makes some sense.

Also, like all the people in the game say this woman is huge... Moneys girlfriend wasn't.

To answer the last bit... he had transportation because he wasn't retarded.
His association with the rest of his victims was; #1 the last victim was his social worker, the second cop was a regular at the strip club which another one of his social workers clients owned, I guess the 2 knew each other. Don't quite get the 1st cop, could be that he was also a regular the club, LOL. Then the one at the park was probably a random pick from the theater like the woman being tortured in the last scene when you kill the murderer, or at least, the game doesn't quite cover them. The second body found in the car with his social worker... well that one's got me, maybe yet another random movie theater kidnap.

Questions? I hope this helps.

Old 26-04-2007, 07:28 AM   #64

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Judy Adams @ Oct 18 2006, 04:35 PM) [snapback]261990[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
You are ABSOLUTELY correct in your assesment of the game. It was SO GOOD up until the end where it just fell apart. Nothing made sense. Who was the GORGEOUS HONKIN WOMAN IN RED? The cross-dressing cop? Certainly not the chubby retarded guy. How did the retarded guy pick his victims? I get, maybe, the cops - but why the young boy? Why the two Asian people? Who did the head belong to? What was the motivation for the killings. God - they should have had a 15-minute cutscene at the end to explain it all. I FELT SO LET DOWN. If anyone has some reasonable explanation of this game ending, please email me at !!!VREEEM!!.

Thanks.
[/b]
OMG!! did you guys play the game or what? The young boy wasn't killed by the serial killer, he was killed by the local gang. The guy in the very beginning of the game who is standing against the red fence "Ragtop Spiff). He killed the boy. They straight up tell you that in the game... if you missed it, then you, without a doubt, weren't paying attention so the fact that you are confused is not surprising to me.

I hope that helps too, check my other post.

Old 10-06-2007, 06:10 PM   #65
Tammy

didn't this site used to allow people to download police quest....i used to have the collection series of this but i misplaced the cd....all good games but i never did like the swat games they included in the collection

Old 11-06-2007, 03:04 PM   #66
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

Quote:
didn't this site used to allow people to download police quest...[/b]
It did. Now it isn't allowed to.

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 19-07-2007, 11:07 PM   #67

i have the game, and i tried installing it to my computer but it doesnt work :[ can anyone help me?

Old 19-07-2007, 11:59 PM   #68
_r.u.s.s.
I'm not Russ
but an ex-alektorophobic

well, you need to get dosbox, cause the game is running under dos and you, i guess, on win xp. so download dosbox from the site and type 'intro'. or follow one of tutorials on the site
Old 20-07-2007, 01:37 PM   #69
Grand Dad
Game Wizzard

It's funny how when we play a game we like it then having finshed it by hook or by crook we start finding faults with. Oh! I am not against justified criticism or appreciation. For example I like PQ2 best of the four of the series I have, and I did see some illogical occurances, but the I play games for their own sake. I have yet to see any game without some fault or the other. But then I am a diehart who started gaming since first PC became available and we had glorious CGA and then CGA and used 5.25" bootable floppies, no DOS or Windows .
Grand Dad is offline                         Send a private message to Grand Dad
Old 04-11-2007, 06:29 PM   #70
Blah

I can't seem to get into Hickman's house after getting the memo also...his freakin' wife is not home! :wallbash: