Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Music, Art, Movies
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 28-11-2005, 07:13 PM   #21
Dark Piedone
Game freak

Send a message via MSN to Dark Piedone

Nice Laibach, especially Jesus Christ Superstar... though I think Rammstein are better. :Jesus:
Dark Piedone is offline                         Send a private message to Dark Piedone
Old 28-11-2005, 07:17 PM   #22
Sebatianos
[BANNED]

I'd suggest you look for Siddharta (also a Slovene band). I recomend the following songs:
Pot v X
T.H.O.R.
B-masina
Samo Edini
Platina
Keltvyk

HERE's their homesite and there are some free videos you can watch (they have T.H.O.R. - the one I suggested).
Sebatianos is offline                         Send a private message to Sebatianos
Old 28-11-2005, 07:42 PM   #23
Dark Piedone
Game freak

The most beautiful song from Rammstein is Morgernstern, it's about a boy who has a very ugly girlfriend, and he prays to the morning star, to change the looks of the girl and in the end the morning star shines the boy's heart instead the girl's face, so he can look with the heart and see her beautiful.
Dark Piedone is offline                         Send a private message to Dark Piedone
Old 28-11-2005, 08:19 PM   #24
Sebatianos
[BANNED]

Well I guess it became really popular for the bands to use medieval balades for their songs... Ever heard of a group In Extremo? I think they were the ones that started this little trend (but I'm not sure).
Sebatianos is offline                         Send a private message to Sebatianos
Old 28-11-2005, 08:54 PM   #25
Chuck the plant
Game Wizzard

Not really. In fact, "Feeling B" and "Inchtabokatables", two east-german band in the 80s, were one of the first ones to combine modern rock-music and medieval music and lyrics. Co-incidentialy(?), some members of both said bands later founded Rammstein.

And while Laibach are also cool, it's not really possible to compare both, even more since Laibach began to focus more on rock-related sounds only during the nineties and were pretty much plain electronic before that.

Oh, and as a sidenote: Laibach didn't really use much german, but rather what they THOUGHT was german... allthough theis language skills greatly improved over the time

And another thing about Rammstein: How can a band that makes Mariachi-Metal ("Te quiero, puta!") NOT be cool?
Chuck the plant is offline                         Send a private message to Chuck the plant
Old 29-11-2005, 08:53 AM   #26
WolverineDK
Game Wizzard

Ramms+ein are cool, and Stripped is in English and that is a cover song

But I prefer other artists version of that song.
WolverineDK is offline                         Send a private message to WolverineDK
Old 29-11-2005, 09:38 AM   #27
BeefontheBone
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Is that the Depeche Mode song Stripped?
BeefontheBone is offline                         Send a private message to BeefontheBone
Old 29-11-2005, 11:27 AM   #28
Dark Piedone
Game freak

They made covers to songs like Das Modell of Kraftwerk and Stripped of Depeche Mode.
Old 29-11-2005, 03:55 PM   #29
BeefontheBone
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Which Rammstein album is that? I've only got Mutter, which I quite like, but I'd be interested to hear them do some covers.
BeefontheBone is offline                         Send a private message to BeefontheBone
Old 29-11-2005, 04:09 PM   #30
pietervdbs

Hi I think Reise Reise is a very good album!
I can understand all their phrases which isn't difficult to understand since I'm a dutchy myself and most of us can speak/understand german too...
Their lyrics might be strange sometimes, however i do think they are original and their music has got somekinda tune which is specific for the rammstein music.
Overall I think Rammstein is good music to listen too..And most important it's quite entertaining :P