Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-05-2017, 04:14 PM   #11
Nicheal
Forum hobbit

I once figured out end of 2012, how to mod the old 1995 DOS-game Ascendancy - that was my favorite game when i was a child, and i thought to fulfill my childish dream of being able to play Ascendancy not versus a brain dead AI - my first attempt was the Supremacy and Totally Cracy Mod, a modification by the program Notepad++, but just some unsatisfying minor tweaks.

That i uploaded here, Abandonia. Then another german guy called Franky, wrote a PM to me, here, beginning of 2013, how to mod, and how to solve some other stuff. I answered, bored, that how to mod is easy, ASCEND00.COB and Notepad++, just dont mess around to actually ADD stuff, you just have to tweak stuff, and, that to solve some other stuff is obsolete, cause that game is fucked up.

Well, that guy found out, how to let the AI ships actually shoot with the special weapons! So, in my Ascendelyxe 1.6 Mod, the AI ships actually are wolfs versus your human players sheep ships. I did my very best to mod that game to a highly playable wolf game, like i ever wanted.

Now, four years later, i played some games of that Ascendelyxe 1.6 Mod, the Heavy Delyxe Mod on difficulty "Heavy" (3 out of 4), and the AI put up a fucking heavy fight. The own extinction is there, a bloody option.

Now, i found out, how to change the tec tree completely, so that, for a long long while, your battles will be middle class ship hulls, and after a long while, you ll get major class ship hulls, and after another long while, you ll get the gigantum class ship hulls - and that last tweak of that game, i will probably upload as a whole bunch of everything, so that just everything is included in one single whole pack: ASCEND.EXE, ANTAG.EXE, NOUGAT.LF, COBExtractor, Shape Editor, the original COB, my MOD, a Batch File, everything.

The Logic Factory is fucking DOWN, gone, faded away after another try for IOS, to sell the same poor brain dead game, just with GFX tweaks and touch screen - while the german guy Franky, found out, how to let special weapons shoot, the creators of that game, didnt, obviously. There is nothing to sell, nor develop anymore, nor to wait for anymore, nothing will come up, by The Logic Factory anymore.

And if a guy wants to play a most delicious SciFi game - play Gal Civ!

It is a hell of a joy, using Nougat.LF and Cheat Mode, to look at AI ships, full to the brim with DisArmers, and seriously ready to use them on you. We ll see, perhaps i will upload a final version, a version, to fulfill a childs dream. Ascendelyxe 1.6 was a brilliant MOD so far, but the 2.0 will be the high end of that poor modders development - and it will be a DOS game hell of a fun!

Last edited by Nicheal; 11-05-2017 at 04:29 PM.
Nicheal is offline                         Send a private message to Nicheal