Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Troubleshooting
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 12-01-2012, 07:46 PM   #1
IamUnregistered
Default Bane the Cosmic Forge Savegame

The game is working in D-Fend. This note is added in the description.

"I suggest making a new directory in your Bane folder, i.e. SAVE, mounting this as drive A: (with “mount a c:\game\bane\save”), and configuring drive A: as the save folder (in the "Game Configuration" menu). This way it works. "

Ok, how do I go about this? I made a new folder in Bane called "Save". But how do I mount it? What is mounting? Any help would be apreciated.

Old 12-01-2012, 08:02 PM   #2
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

In order to understand what mounting is, you need to realise DOSBox does not have access to your entire hard drive, nor does it need to have access to entire partitions either. Mounting a directory - or a drive - makes it accessible to DOSBox as if it was an actual partition or drive in the emulated machine.
TL;DR : It tells DOSBox what it can access on your hard drive.

As to how to do it, you should be able to configure your mounts in the game's D-Fend profile. Can't say for sure beyond that, since I don't use D-Fend. The actual command to mount a directory is described in detail on the DOSBox wiki or in the readme that came with the program.

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 12-01-2012, 08:14 PM   #3
IamUnregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fifth Horseman View Post
In order to understand what mounting is, you need to realise DOSBox does not have access to your entire hard drive, nor does it need to have access to entire partitions either. Mounting a directory - or a drive - makes it accessible to DOSBox as if it was an actual partition or drive in the emulated machine.
TL;DR : It tells DOSBox what it can access on your hard drive.

As to how to do it, you should be able to configure your mounts in the game's D-Fend profile. Can't say for sure beyond that, since I don't use D-Fend. The actual command to mount a directory is described in detail on the DOSBox wiki or in the readme that came with the program.

Thank you so much. I got my savegame working through D-Rend. I greatly appreciate your help and explanation.