Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 26-02-2013, 01:09 PM   #241
kmonster
Abandonia Homie

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoga View Post

Rats!!
I face the button on the wall, use Search, the lift appears, but i have not time (even i in panic press button of my KB to enter the lift) and it closes.!!
I suspect you used the lift without noticing and used it again without noticing and got back to where you came from. There's no real time event in W6, it never matters if it takes you 0.1 seconds or 10 hour to give input.

At which location exactly are you trying to use it ?
kmonster is offline                         Send a private message to kmonster
Old 26-02-2013, 03:39 PM   #242
yoga
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmonster View Post
I suspect you used the lift without noticing and used it again without noticing and got back to where you came from. There's no real time event in W6, it never matters if it takes you 0.1 seconds or 10 hour to give input.

At which location exactly are you trying to use it ?

Pls see enclosed attachment.

BRAVE IS Valkyrie lvl 7. EXP 54 K. Has some spells.
Stamina - 5 MP
Bless, charm - 10 MP
heal/make wounds - 11 MP
Note: The spells are obligatory. I did not like Bless, Charm and Make wounds. I have already Bless, think the rest 2 are useless.
More details soon.
Because You probably arbeitet and was not in site i have not instructions what skills to up i (maybe stupidly) decided to increase Pole to 45.
Stupid decision?

@Master

I started the game with Energy blast - the first Fire spell. Fireball was at the next levels (3-4 cant remember).

All spells in W 6.
WIZARDRY 6

BEST SPELLS (as many characters as possible should get these):

* Heal Wounds * Cure Paralysis * Cure Lesser Condition * Sane Mind * Dispel Undead * Astral Gate
* Blinding Flash - This spell is also very effective against ME!
* Silence * Sleep * Anti-Magic * Enchanted Blade * Armorplate * Magic Screen

GOOD SPELLS

* Level 7 damaging spells (Nuclear Blast, Word of Death, Mind Flay, Deadly Air) * Fireball * Iceball * Deep Freeze * Stink Bomb / Toxic Vapors / Noxious Fumes * Poison / Poison Gas / Deadly Poison * Blades * Acid Splash / Acid Bomb * Mental Attack / Psionic Blast * Stamina - * Cure Poison - * Conjuration / Illusion / Create Life * Fire Shield * Haste - * Missile Shield - * Air Pocket * Purify Air * Armor Shield * Bless * Armormelt * Hold Monsters * Detect Secret

NOT SO GOOD SPELLS

* Prismic Missile * Lightning * Firestorm * Whirlwind * Make Wounds / Magic Missile * Ice Shield * Blink * Slow * Paralyze / Web * Itching Skin * Charm - * Death Wish * Death * Lifesteal * Levitate * Identify - this does give you a lot of information about an item, if you're not reading a strategy guide or using Mad God's utility. In Wizardry VI, it never needs to be cast above power level
Especially for dear Sacred!
* Mindread

USELESS SPELLS

* Resurrection – Not useless for brave who haves no right to fail!!!
* Cure Stone * Locate Object * Remove Curse

@Sacred

Poor Sacred! I feel same feelings in mines.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Lift.png
Views:	150
Size:	41.6 KB
ID:	1711  
Old 26-02-2013, 05:53 PM   #243
Scatty
Treasure hunter

Polearms is THE skill for a Valkyrie, so nothing wrong there. Polearms are also a good choice of weapons for her. However it's not that necessary to increase it after 50-60 points, the rest will come through combat use as long as you're using a polearm.

Prismic Missile is actually an insanely fun spell as long as you have enough spell points, since it can do one of a number of nice things to all enemies in one group - from blinding to insanity (enemy might attack his own units) to turning to stone (!) to instantly kill (!!), and many more. I wouldn't let that one out, it is a good thing to use once in a while, especially on strong monsters like bosses (Toll Trolls anyone? ). It is also one such higher level spell more difficult for enemy to resist.
Dazzling Lights is another such spell with pretty much the same properties.

Death Wish is also extremely useful if you encounter something like 3 groups of 8 enemies in each group. Chances are high that some or many of them will die right away, making the rest often a lot easier for you. Don't let that spell out.

Last edited by Scatty; 26-02-2013 at 06:04 PM.
Scatty is offline                         Send a private message to Scatty
Old 26-02-2013, 08:28 PM   #244
yoga
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scatty View Post
Polearms is THE skill for a Valkyrie, so nothing wrong there. Polearms are also a good choice of weapons for her. However it's not that necessary to increase it after 50-60 points, the rest will come through combat use as long as you're using a polearm.

Prismic Missile is actually an insanely fun spell as long as you have enough spell points, since it can do one of a number of nice things to all enemies in one group - from blinding to insanity (enemy might attack his own units) to turning to stone (!) to instantly kill (!!), and many more. I wouldn't let that one out, it is a good thing to use once in a while, especially on strong monsters like bosses (Toll Trolls anyone? ). It is also one such higher level spell more difficult for enemy to resist.
Dazzling Lights is another such spell with pretty much the same properties.

Death Wish is also extremely useful if you encounter something like 3 groups of 8 enemies in each group. Chances are high that some or many of them will die right away, making the rest often a lot easier for you. Don't let that spell out.

Spasibo Vam darogoy A.. sorry Scatty!
Your very useful directions are imm. written down. Gladly i still do not meet these spells so i will be v. careful concerning spells above mentioned.
According to my humble experience the following spells i find are nice:
- Lute of my Bard - In fact this is not spell actually but option. It freezes a group of opps for 1-2-3 rounds!
- Fireball of my mage - Excellent weapon. Maybe the best.
- Silence of my Priest - again very nice.

..about the group: There is a magic fountain in mine 2, which restore all resources of Yr command and illness. Nice. I drink twice and all my men were Ok. Suddenly i was attacked by 4 groups of Giant Ants (Giant ant = White bear from Alaska) as follow:
1 group - 5 pieces
2 group - 8
3 group - 9
4 group - 9
Es gibt keine Problem und ants were kaput.

So Death Wish will be my future favorite.
Again Danke Sehr (Ah, sry maybe YOU do not understand this difficult lang!) Excuse me, these words means TY very much.

I hope YOU understand my good joke.

V aka brave yoga

OFF
The present day in lovely BG was rainy day and all the day brave was fighting bravely in the mines and outside.
Old 26-02-2013, 08:47 PM   #245
Sacred_Path
Forum hobbit

Interesting summary of spells, why no love for Blink? At least it sounds p. powerful (I'm not quite there yet )

BTW I'm inclined to believe that "fighters take double damage" is false information.

I started with a fighter, a thief and a monk in the front lines. By now the thief has become a fighter too. They certainly didn't take more damage than the monk (with comparable armor class), 2x should have been obvious against the stronger enemies. So unless someone has read this out of the code I wouldn't believe it.
Sacred_Path is offline                         Send a private message to Sacred_Path
Old 27-02-2013, 12:25 AM   #246
kmonster
Abandonia Homie

You are at the lift Yoga and you're using it without realizing that you arrive on a different floor since all walls look the same.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...NXtS11c#t=908s

(warning: video contains spoilers if you watch for too long but 15:00-17:00 is ok)

Last edited by kmonster; 27-02-2013 at 12:56 AM.
kmonster is offline                         Send a private message to kmonster
Old 27-02-2013, 07:06 AM   #247
yoga
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmonster View Post
You are at the lift Yoga and you're using it without realizing that you arrive on a different floor since all walls look the same.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...NXtS11c#t=908s

(warning: video contains spoilers if you watch for too long but 15:00-17:00 is ok)
Oh, Mein Gott!
Wirklich?
No, no, i need no video because i understand all.
It is very important info because i had 2 variants to climb down:
1. To fight Toll Trolls at the bridge.
2. To repair rusted mechanism on the wall.

1. Maybe i will win the Trolls but many battles. But i never forget such opps and in a mean time when i am v. strong i will be back to tell them a good story and sent to better world.
2. I tried many times. I know the passwords. But there are stupid mistakes namely - i press the word but no result and the program get rid!! Strange..

Now if i fall down by the lift, i know the road to Castle.
Gladly at last i buy this famous Vulcan Hammer from Smitty for 18 K GP.
Beware! Smitty and Quee give bad prices for my stuff. L'Montes is better store man.

...BTW i rescued some snake who actually is not snake but person with very diff. name.

All men level 10 except Paco the Monk and Scatty the Ninja. EXP about 330 K. Now i need about 5-6 rest procedures to full restore my resources. Or 2-3 times drinks from Magic Fountain. But never the monsters allow me to rest completely and attacked me. Even around the Fountain!

Hmm.. You mates tell me about the spells interesting info!.

Dear Kmonster, would be so kind please tell me when You played Wiz 7
(i still tremble when say this word) You bring some characters from Wiz 6 or not? Or maybe You started first Wiz 7 as Master Scatty did?

Wo sind Sie, dear companion Sacred? Alone and unhappy in deep mines?

Be patient and brave! Stand up and fight and we will win!! Do not panic. Me, gnadige Kmonster and Master will support You if need.

General brave

Ha ha ha,
can You imagine what tell me Toll Troll?
- Pay the toll or
heads will roll!
-
Nice rhymes..

Last edited by yoga; 27-02-2013 at 07:10 AM.
yoga is offline                         Send a private message to yoga
Old 27-02-2013, 07:46 AM   #248
Scatty
Treasure hunter

Iceball is slightly stronger than Fireball (both damage all monsters in ONE group), and Nuclear Blast is the most powerful damaging spell since it damages all monsters in ALL groups, and with much more damage than Fireball. However Nuclear Blast also costs more mana points.
That with the resting, yes it's quite the nuisance. In Wizardry 7, it is essential to rest many times since that's when the ingame NPC's, which can be met underway and bartered with, move around the world and situations change. Also the stores in Old City get new (and progressively better) things to buy only if you rest often.

However there's one nice (cheating though) trick. Don't know if there's a Mana Stone in Wizardry 6, but in Wizardry 7 it comes with a number of charges. If you use a savegame editor and give one of the characters this stone with 0 (!) charges, it can be used indefinitely without ever vanishing. Cast Stamina spell, use the stone to replenish the mana points, and there's never a need to rest anymore. There're another items that replenish mana, but the stone replenishes the most.
However that's when the stores don't update anymore and NPC don't run around and do much. So you'd still want to rest couple of times (not necessary for playing the game, but fun) simply to let time pass, if you want changes in the game world.

Edit: oh yes, one thing to note. Summoning kind of spells (Conjuration, Create Life, Illusion) can also be pretty helpful since it summons monsters, in addition to the party members, who fight along with you against enemies. Some are more useful than others, for example when they cast fireball themselves, and enemies can attack them instead of the party so they are good distraction. Don't miss out on these, highly recommended.

Last edited by Scatty; 27-02-2013 at 07:53 AM.
Scatty is offline                         Send a private message to Scatty
Old 27-02-2013, 11:41 AM   #249
Sacred_Path
Forum hobbit

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoga View Post
Oh, Mein Gott!Wo sind Sie, dear companion Sacred? Alone and unhappy in deep mines?
Finally out of those mines

Now I'm fuzzing around with the mountain area. I'll wait at the entrance of the pyramid. That's also where I start mapping again.

Also, in unrelated news, my Monk's usefulness has exploded. He's now hitting for around ~10 damage. WTF? It happened around the time he hit level 8 (hands&feet was maxed out already). Is this another bug for realz this time? Or was it bugged before and now the Monk works as intended?
Sacred_Path is offline                         Send a private message to Sacred_Path
Old 27-02-2013, 12:38 PM   #250
yoga
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sacred_Path View Post
Finally out of those mines

Now I'm fuzzing around with the mountain area. I'll wait at the entrance of the pyramid. That's also where I start mapping again.

Also, in unrelated news, my Monk's usefulness has exploded. He's now hitting for around ~10 damage. WTF? It happened around the time he hit level 8 (hands&feet was maxed out already). Is this another bug for realz this time? Or was it bugged before and now the Monk works as intended?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scatty View Post
Iceball is slightly stronger than Fireball (both damage all monsters in ONE group), and Nuclear Blast is the most powerful damaging spell since it damages all monsters in ALL groups, and with much more damage than Fireball. However Nuclear Blast also costs more mana points.
That with the resting, yes it's quite the nuisance. In Wizardry 7, it is essential to rest many times since that's when the ingame NPC's, which can be met underway and bartered with, move around the world and situations change. Also the stores in Old City get new (and progressively better) things to buy only if you rest often.

However there's one nice (cheating though) trick. Don't know if there's a Mana Stone in Wizardry 6, but in Wizardry 7 it comes with a number of charges. If you use a savegame editor and give one of the characters this stone with 0 (!) charges, it can be used indefinitely without ever vanishing. Cast Stamina spell, use the stone to replenish the mana points, and there's never a need to rest anymore. There're another items that replenish mana, but the stone replenishes the most.
However that's when the stores don't update anymore and NPC don't run around and do much. So you'd still want to rest couple of times (not necessary for playing the game, but fun) simply to let time pass, if you want changes in the game world.

Edit: oh yes, one thing to note. Summoning kind of spells (Conjuration, Create Life, Illusion) can also be pretty helpful since it summons monsters, in addition to the party members, who fight along with you against enemies. Some are more useful than others, for example when they cast fireball themselves, and enemies can attack them instead of the party so they are good distraction. Don't miss out on these, highly recommended.

...Yes,

the heads were rolled,
but whose's?

Done. No more Toll Troll(s).

voice from gallery:
- You did it, brave? Easy?
brave (very humble)- yes, yes, sir..
V- Please, give us more details.
B- Of course. All men lvl 10. Nur SCATTY THE NINJA not, but soon he will join lvl 10. EXP 370 K. Armor and weapons - same.
My battle strategy:
First: enemies - gladly now they are 2 TT and 2 Giants. After the kind words of salutation we start our dispute.
TT & Giants are real gentlemen and allow me to start first. With my grateful thanks i start.
SC: Breath or Poison
BR: Bash with Vulcan Hammer.
TW: Haste.
CA: Very important action- Lute on 2 Giants this eliminating this group. One Lute may act about 4-5 rounds.
KM: Fireball till end of 90 MP. Then Iceball and other spells - Stink bomb, Conjuration and like.
PA: Fight
This way i played about 4-5 rounds. I was careful and very fast heal all my damaged commandos. After the 5-th round i killed one TT. Yes , my resources reduced but still en. to kill soon and second TT.
Now the 2 Giants are active. But even with no any magic points left, brave is competent en. to kill these easy opps.
Note that finish this gang with one attempt only. I glaube that Vulcan Hammer plays important role for my victory.

@Sacred

Blink - the protection is nice, but somewhat random, and burns up

valuable Magic spell points. You can duplicate much of the effect by instead Hiding, which doesn't cost any spell points.

You still do not inform me where are You?
I am before the free bridge and think to

- Continue this way or
- back to lift

Target: Castle.

@Master Scatty
Big propaganda of Wiz 7, Master.
Yes, Iceball is v. powerful spell, maybe better than Fireball. I have it.

Sadly, no Nuclear Blast spell in W6. But i know that twillight and hunvagy work to create Nuclear bomb, the same that i use to eliminate that terrible door guard in UW 2. I know You remember this monster.
No Mana Stone in Wizardry 6. Sry.
My Conjuration spell produces 4 Skeletons.

..about Spell casting
If i remember the spells in Daggerfall were more and was very easy to buy every spell. Moreover the hero had option to hergestellt new spells.

Do You have Levitation in Wiz 7 and why it is not used here? I like the games with flying. In Arena was so nice to fly like a bird.

The road to glory is long, hard and thorny..
The doom of braves.

..Last minute and concerning Sacred post.
I have also Monk named PACO.
Who Paco is? It is our Big MOD Paco the Great. He works non stop in a golden castle, many gnomes service Him. Yes, he is the best Map maker.

My Monk is normal. What is this word Bug?
Wait, wait why You not back to Castle but direct to Mountain?
You buy Vulcan Hammer?