Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Gaming Zone
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 21-04-2006, 04:17 PM   #1
Iron_Scarecrow
Home Sweet Abandonia

Earlier today I found all the games I own on GBA and PSP on Game Spot to put them in my profile to see how my collection rates. I couldn't be bothered going through my PC games, as I don't give a rats arse about PC gaming anymore but I checked some games I bought and they rated pretty well. In about a month I'll be looking to buy a console, leaning towards Gamecube, and then I have to buy a DS Lite to replace my broken GBA, and then I'll just sit on those two and PSP for at least a year.

I have 19 games, but they haven't updated the Tales of Eternia page, they still have it under a TBA release so they haven't rated it, so it doesn't add to my rating or estimated price value.

No. of Games: 18
Estimated value: $539.82 (American)
Average Game Spot Score: 8.1

GBA Games

Bomberman Tournament - 8.6
Doom - 7.9
Final Fantasy Tactics Advance - 8.2
Golden Sun - 8.6
Golden Sun: The Lost Age - 8.6
Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories - 7.7
The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past (Four Swords) - 9.2
Mario Golf: Advance Tour - 8.2
Mario Kart Super Circuit - 8.2
Pokemon Ruby Version - 8.1
Sonic Advance - 7.9
Wario Land 4 - 8.7

I've always been very proud of my GBA collection. Although Sonic Advance and Wario Land 4 brought about my dislike for 2D platformers and my discontinued interest in the two franchises, I suppose Wario Land isn't a franchise though, but they were great purchases at the time so I'm proud of that. But I don't really like Doom, it was purchased as a result of a miscommunication between me and my dad and although Doom may be a great game, FPS games just don't belong on the GBA. And I'm very surprised KH wasn't given a higher score.

PSP Games

Coded Arms - 6.6
Frantix - 5.7
Lumines - 9.0
Tales of Eternia - TBA
Tokobot - 8.2
Tony Hawk's Underground 2 Remix - 8.5
X-Men Legends 2: Rise of Apocalypse - 8.4

I can admit Coded Arms wasn't a good purchase, it was my first game and I was very interested how FPS would be on PSP and assumed it wouldn't be so bad as it is, that said it did bring me over 20 hours of gameplay but I just can't help thinking I would have been better off with Everybodies Golf instead. And Frantix, technically, really isn't that great as their rating and review suggests but I'm going through a puzzle game frenzy at the moment and I'm enjoying it.

Just interesting to know how Game Spot rate my collection. Has anyone else bothered doing this?

On another note I have these GB and GBC games that GS don't rate. There's a few games there I would never consider buying now but I was young when these were bought and I would have played/enjoyed just about anything.

007: The World Is Not Enough
Bugs Bunny Crazy Castle 3
Cannon Fodder
Commander Keen
Donkey Kong Country
Game Boy Gallery 3
Kirby's Dream Land (traded with a friend for another James Bond game, I kicked arse in that trade)
Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening
Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Seasons
Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Ages
Mario Tennis
Pocket Bomberman
Pokemon Yellow
Pokemon Silver
Scrabble
Super Mario Bros. Deluxe
Tony Hawks Skateboarding
Wario Land 2
Wario Land 3
Worms Armageddon

I had a Conkur's game but lost it.
Iron_Scarecrow is offline                         Send a private message to Iron_Scarecrow
Old 21-04-2006, 04:20 PM   #2
Blood-Pigggy
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Uh, my games would take up around five or so pages.

My Site -
http://sites.google.com/site/eyenixon
Blood-Pigggy is offline                         Send a private message to Blood-Pigggy
Old 21-04-2006, 04:29 PM   #3
Iron_Scarecrow
Home Sweet Abandonia

Yeah I'm hoping to build on my collection quite a bit from now on. Since up til now I only had Gameboy.

And the main point was to see how my games rated, according to Game Spot.
Iron_Scarecrow is offline                         Send a private message to Iron_Scarecrow
Old 21-04-2006, 05:07 PM   #4
TheGiantMidgit
Abandonia Homie

If you want a quality, solid portable FPS, I suggest picking up a DS (alot of great games on the system, and it supports GBA games) and Metroid Hunters. One of the most polished and solidly designed games I've had in awhile. ...and a new Zelda is coming out for it, which is rumoured to support Wifi co-op play.

And pick up Metroid: Fusion for the GBA. Wow, it's just, wow. Fast paced, great storyline, challenging, long, beautifully animated, lovingly crafted, amazing pacing, perfect gameplay and controls, gripping atmoshpere... one of the best experiences on the GBA. Up there with Golden Sun.

Dodge, shoot, run, evade, hide, hunt down, explore, the action is impeccable.
TheGiantMidgit is offline                         Send a private message to TheGiantMidgit
Old 21-04-2006, 05:29 PM   #5
Don Andy
Game Wizzard

Quote:
Originally posted by TheGiantMidgit@Apr 21 2006, 06:07 PM
And pick up Metroid: Fusion for the GBA. Wow, it's just, wow. Fast paced, great storyline, challenging, long, beautifully animated, lovingly crafted, amazing pacing, perfect gameplay and controls, gripping atmoshpere... one of the best experiences on the GBA. Up there with Golden Sun.

Dodge, shoot, run, evade, hide, hunt down, explore, the action is impeccable.
Don't forget Metroid Zero Mission. I think it was a great remake of the first game and had pretty much the same engine as Metroid Fusion if I remember it right.

And I can only second your opinion about Golden Sun. Really great game and a must-have for the GBA.
Don Andy is offline                         Send a private message to Don Andy
Old 21-04-2006, 05:32 PM   #6
TheGiantMidgit
Abandonia Homie

The ending area of Zero mission was brilliant. My only gripe with it is that you can fly through it with 100%, even on your first play through. ...that's why I recommend Fusion over it.
TheGiantMidgit is offline                         Send a private message to TheGiantMidgit
Old 21-04-2006, 06:31 PM   #7
guesst
Abandonia Homie

I'm a sucker for the Advanced Wars series for GBA. I don't have a DS so I can't comment on the latest version, but 1 and 2 were seriously enjoyable. Really, all you need is 2. It felt more like a mission patch than an upgrade so you're not missing much if you skip 1 except the things they fixed in 2.

Did that last part make any sense. Ah well.
guesst is offline                         Send a private message to guesst
Old 21-04-2006, 07:21 PM   #8
TheGiantMidgit
Abandonia Homie

I plan on picking up Dual Strike, I heard it's incredibly well done.
Old 22-04-2006, 10:39 AM   #9
Iron_Scarecrow
Home Sweet Abandonia

Quote:
Originally posted by TheGiantMidgit@Apr 22 2006, 03:07 AM
:blink: Now that's a big claim. Only game I think has come close to Golden Sun so far is Kingdom Hearts. If I were going to buy another 2D platformer I'd probably look into that, but I'm not really interested in 2D platformers anymore.

And Hunters would probably be the first game I'd get on DS when I eventually get one. I liked Advance Wars but it bored me after a while, I think it's the team-turn-based strategy, because I love FFTA. I have tried Fire Emblem and I liked that more than Advance Wars. And next GBA game I'd buy would be Mario Tennis... most likely.
Old 22-04-2006, 11:41 AM   #10
troop18546
Home Sweet Abandonia

Quote:
Originally posted by Blood-Pigggy@Apr 21 2006, 06:20 PM
Uh, my games would take up around five or so pages.
Don't forget, BP, that it's quality over quantity... :whistle:
I won't post mine of some reasons.
troop18546 is offline                         Send a private message to troop18546