Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Gaming Zone
Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 20-09-2007, 09:10 AM   #11
Kearnsy
Games Master

Hate samus?! thats a bit rough... shes not my cup of tea but not that bad.

@Gary Oak the new Smash bros is online. You can play random matches against anonymous opponents. or with your friends and send short messages when you taunt. Should be great.

Kearnsy is offline                         Send a private message to Kearnsy
Old 21-09-2007, 02:38 AM   #12
Eagle of Fire
Friendly Fire

I'm the one who said I hate playing with Samus. I should add Yoshi and the Climbing Brothers too, though I never play with the Climbers anyways.

What I don't like in Samus is the big array of long range attacks and the strong cheap shots. Try hitting a full charger beam when you're at handicap 2 or 1, and see if you'll stay there for long. And all what the other guy have to do is to stay clear a few moments, charge up and fire away while you're busy dodging something.

At least DK charge attack require him to get up close and personnal before he kill you...
Old 23-09-2007, 02:36 AM   #13
tea3rd

me and my friends play ssbm when ever we can and we have a blast Samus is my best person and i like finale destination to have a good fight on
tea3rd is offline                         Send a private message to tea3rd
Old 26-09-2007, 01:52 PM   #14
Kearnsy
Games Master

Yah I like final D too, Big and simple!
Also Kongo jungle and N64 DK map. cuz I like lots of platforms for sheik arials.

Cant stand the moving levels though....
Old 26-09-2007, 06:52 PM   #15
Eagle of Fire
Friendly Fire

I like pretty much all stages, except for Samus stages and maybe the polygon stage too. It's too easy to get hit by lava and die even at 0% when you're at handicap 2 or 1 in Samus stage, the big rock with the monster on the background stage is annoying like hell when it moves and the computers set to max are impossible to overcome, and I dislike the polygon stage because it's a little too small. Hard to hide or get away without running into another ennemy... Again, at low handicap this become a problem fast. Also, Mr Game and Watch stage is really annoying too, because of the tools which rain down once in a while and which can also kill you in one blow.

Since I play mainly Captain Falcon, I have no problem whatsoever with stages which are pretty fast or move around much. Got to hate the camera angles sometimes though, the computer opponents don't mind getting off camera because they know exactly where they are... Not us.
Old 28-10-2007, 11:13 AM   #16
whatshisface
Abandonia nerd

Send a message via AIM to whatshisface Send a message via Yahoo to whatshisface

Nobody's Mentioned Fox! Is there anyone besides me who likes him?
whatshisface is offline                         Send a private message to whatshisface
Old 28-10-2007, 08:52 PM   #17
Eagle of Fire
Friendly Fire

I like every character I didn't mentioned... It's simply that they stand between those I dislike and my prefered characters.
Old 29-10-2007, 12:44 PM   #18
Kearnsy
Games Master

I've been seconding C.Falcon for a bit now. Generally flying around kneeing and sort hop arials to piss of my friends. It such good fun kneeing someone off the edge and then spiking when their on like 50 damage!!

As for fox my mate plays him well. A small fast and deadly character makes me hate him more than like him but I guess Im a little biased!!
Old 27-03-2008, 04:17 PM   #19
Ioncannon
Abandonia Homie

Send a message via MSN to Ioncannon

Me and my friends play that game very competitively. I use Fox, one friend uses Marth and Mario, and my other friend (who is really good) plays Falco/C. Falcon/Samus. The level we always play? Final Destination. We are playing Brawl now, I am really liking Lucario.
Ioncannon is offline                         Send a private message to Ioncannon
Old 16-04-2008, 06:43 AM   #20
RiverStrider

I was never very good at the game, I’m a bit better with the new game though. I usually played as Marth or Roy, and the level I always played was Final Destination and just about all the other levels that don’t change and move around all the time.
RiverStrider is offline                         Send a private message to RiverStrider