Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Your Reviews
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 17-06-2007, 07:52 AM   #11
Tiberius

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Iowa @ Jun 16 2007, 01:31 PM) [snapback]294736[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
I don't know whether anyone's told you, but there isn't a single multiplayer on the planet that's realistic. If it were truly realistic, the frag grenade would be the most powerful weapon because shrapnel would either kill your opponent or cripple them beyond moving.
[/b]
What about the Call of Duty series?

Off-topic: Where are you from in Iowa?
Tiberius is offline                         Send a private message to Tiberius
Old 17-06-2007, 04:47 PM   #12
gufu1992
Inscrutable annoying boss

Send a message via MSN to gufu1992

oh come on... I like CoD 3 multi...
Old 18-06-2007, 02:30 AM   #13
Iowa
Game Wizzard

Quote:
Off-topic: Where are you from in Iowa?[/b]
Nowhere, I don't live there. And if you really want to know why I chose my username, check my profile, the picture should give you a hint.

Quote:
What about the Call of Duty series? [/b]
Nope, not realistic, although it tries to be and makes a decent effort at doing so, in the end it fails like every other "realistic" game. I prefer games that don't try to be realistic, because I think they tend to be more fun.

Quote:
Halo 2 itself is a fine game, but the online community, like very other single X-Box Live game, is a cess pool of idiotic morons who not only don't know how to play a game correctly, but posses the brains of slugs.

They seriously need to make X-Box Live payable by a bank card or credit/debit card only or whatever, as too many kids can just buy the damn cards from the store and play online. Little morons, I'd like to shovel my fist into their faces for every time I've heard the damn N-word online.[/b]
Meh, although I disagree about Halo 2 being a "fine game", you're right about Xbox Live. Although I doubt putting it on a charge-card only system would work either, seeing as the little bastards could just ask their mom or dad to register them and be back up spreading white supremacy through high-pitched squeals. But think about it Piggy, if you got your wish, you'd have broken every bone in your fist from shoveling it into so many twelve-year-olds' faces.

Yeah, the online community in pretty much every game (*cough* Counterstrike *cough*) sucks. It's just a proven fact that if you give people anonymity, they'll become total jerks.
Old 18-06-2007, 10:50 AM   #14
Tiberius

Ah, your a Slipknot fan.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Iowa @ Jun 17 2007, 09:30 PM) [snapback]294914[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
Nope, not realistic, although it tries to be and makes a decent effort at doing so, in the end it fails like every other "realistic" game. I prefer games that don't try to be realistic, because I think they tend to be more fun.
[/b]
What do you think of Timesplitters: Future Perfect? I love that game... honestly I have had more fun with it than I have had with Halo 2(I've just played Halo 2 a lot more).
Tiberius is offline                         Send a private message to Tiberius
Old 18-06-2007, 11:24 AM   #15
gregor
Home Sweet Abandonia

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Iowa @ Jun 16 2007, 06:31 PM) [snapback]294736[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
Quote:
It all comes down to whether you want the game to be "realistic" or "balanced". I prefer realistic myself, so maybe that's why I enjoy Halo 2 multiplayer so much[/b]
I don't know whether anyone's told you, but there isn't a single multiplayer on the planet that's realistic. If it were truly realistic, the frag grenade would be the most powerful weapon because shrapnel would either kill your opponent or cripple them beyond moving.
[/b]
hmm not to mention the way games register hits. and the way the bullets travel.

or the fact that there are no crates left after using mortar or grenade or some rocket or something. wall is always solid sufrace. bullets also never bounce off the walls (ricochet, is it?!).

so yeah no realism. i mean - plenty missing for a game to be called realistic. it actually probably can't be. otherwise it wouldn't be fun. spawning asside one or two bullets should put you down. and if you wear an armor doesn't mean that if they hit you and you somehow survived the armor is warn off as a result. :-D

Lifts-Her-Tail: But it is huge! It could take me all night!
Crantius Colto: Plenty of time, my sweet. Plenty of time.
From The Lusty Argonian Maid by Crassius Curio found in TES3: Morrowind
gregor is offline                         Send a private message to gregor
Old 18-06-2007, 10:32 PM   #16
Iowa
Game Wizzard

Quote:
What do you think of Timesplitters: Future Perfect?[/b]
Can't say i've played it, actually, although I have played TS2 and I was put off by it's immensely flawed control scheme. :tai: Leaving out adjustable analog sensitivity does not work. Has Future Perfect corrected this?

Quote:
bullets also never bounce off the walls (ricochet, is it?!).[/b]
Yes, that's what it's called when something solid bounces off a wall. k:

About the whole "realism" thing, I could almost say that I prefer games that try to be as unrealistic as possible. Games like Unreal Tournament, Shadow Warrior, Duke Nukem 3D, and Mortal Kombat are some of my favorites and all reflect this. After all, I play games to get away from reality, not closer to it.

Old 22-06-2007, 10:05 PM   #17
Titan
Gnome

Send a message via ICQ to Titan Send a message via MSN to Titan Send a message via Skype™ to Titan

Sounds like you need to buy Ghost Recon or something.

Halo = Realism? It was never ment to be. Chess is an unrealistic game also, but noone complains.
The game is what it'äs rules define.
Imagen if someone suddenly picked up the ball in a football match and threw it into the goal after running around with it a few minutes, just because he felt like it would be more realistic to use the humans most effective tools, the hands?

You can say what you want about the story, but the rules are the definition and perimiter of the game, and the game should be defined inside of that, not what's techicly possible to do with a computer.
Old 06-07-2007, 06:31 PM   #18
droma
Forum hobbit

Excellent, finally I find those who share my distaste for Halo. Having played console/pc games for oh so many years I have found few games with such a high popularity like Halo that I truly and utterly despise. When I find myself speaking to Halo fanatics about the shortcomings of the game I feel like im talking to a 6 year old. They respond with phrases such as "whatever", "maybe you just suck", or "yeah you probably like those dumb adventure games where you type in your actions and theres nothing to shoot at." Okay I might be lying about that last one. They seem unable, or unwilling to look past the 'flashy' graphics and explosions. When I ask them about the single player missions, the story, theyre beside themselves with glee when they relate to me the "awesome story" and "sweet levels." Yesss, the cookie cutter levels... full of shiny cubicles or linear outdoor areas. How about the gameplay? Well, it sure is swell they say. All sorts of cool weapons (pretty standard fare if you ask me) and neat vehicles. Well, what about the lack of variety in enemies? The aforementioned repetitive gunplay of shooting, recharging, shooting again? Mediocre voice acting? No real attachment to the characters? Sigh. All I can ever tell them is that if theyre looking for multiplayer action, get a computer and play a shooter the way it was meant to be played, with a keyboard and a mouse. Pick up a copy of Counterstrike Source and see "my lack of 1337 pwnage skillz." If you want a good story in a shooter, pick up a copy of Half-Life, or Deus Ex. Oh, and if you want another game with similar attributes of your beloved Halo/2 well, I suppose you could try Doom 1 or 2. Story depth and gameplay is about the same...
(if you cant tell I prefer shooters on pcs, but still enjoy the occasional timesplitters or even redfaction.)
droma is offline                         Send a private message to droma
Old 06-07-2007, 06:47 PM   #19
Iowa
Game Wizzard

Thank you, sir, for elaborating on the situations that led me to create this review. Halo fanatics can be some of the most juvenile and frustrating people on the planet.

But then again, the same goes for die-hard CSS players.
Old 06-07-2007, 07:02 PM   #20
droma
Forum hobbit

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Iowa @ Jul 6 2007, 01:47 PM) [snapback]298211[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
Thank you, sir, for elaborating on the situations that led me to create this review. Halo fanatics can be some of the most juvenile and frustrating people on the planet.

But then again, the same goes for die-hard CSS players.
[/b]
Well ill be the first to say im not exactly a die hard css player. I just see it as the best multiplayer fps on the market atm. Im always open to a new gaming experience, but CSS will always be at the top for me.
droma is offline                         Send a private message to droma