Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Gaming Zone
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 04-05-2005, 05:27 PM   #1
Rogue
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Laser Squad Nemesis provides plenty of tactical warfare thrills that combine a unique turn-based combat system with the action of real-time strategy games. Through the course of the game, players will plot battle orders, test them and then watch the results unfold via e-mail as the forces of the Laser Machines, Greys, Machina and Spawn fight for dominance. Leave behind tired old real-time strategy formulas — you are in complete control and able to develop ingenious tactics and strategies loaded with cunning and cleverness.

Developed by the team behind the popular X-Com games, Laser Squad Nemesis is an addictive experience that carries on the great gameplay of the X-Com series. Embark on more than 20 missions in four thrilling single-player campaigns. The game also comes with a free 3-month subscription to additional online campaigns and updates, giving you the power to challenge opponents anywhere. Tournaments, competitions and world league rankings add additional levels of fun to this innovative gaming experience.

Features

Lead either the Laser Machines, Greys, Machina or Spawn to victory in tactical warfare

Plan out battle options, test your strategies and watch the results play out via e-mail

Test your skills in more than 20 missions across four single-player campaigns

Go online to take part in tournaments, competitions and world league rankings

Includes a free 3-month subscription to additional online campaigns and updates as well as an extended and detailed print manual

Check this out!

At first I was surprised about this game, as it just came out, but the price is great. (20 bucks for new release)

This is what new games should be sold for.
Rogue is offline                         Send a private message to Rogue
Old 04-05-2005, 09:10 PM   #2
Eagle of Fire
Friendly Fire

You seems to be slightly slow on this one Anubis, I made some (very small) publicity for that game almost a year ago.

Very good game tough. Too bad I'm retired right now (and no subcription left) because I would have challenged you to a game and kicked your [pick up a race here] arses with Machina anytime. :twisted:

Oh well. I still say this is the best multiplayer game I ever played. Too bad the official forum, which became to be half of the game for me after a while, was populated by idiots who named themselves "wooters"... But that's completely another story.
Old 04-05-2005, 11:01 PM   #3
Rogue
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

I don't understand. How did you play this game a year ago, while the game release date is 4/21/2005? :blink:
Rogue is offline                         Send a private message to Rogue
Old 04-05-2005, 11:06 PM   #4
Havell
Home Sweet Abandonia

The game's been out for a while, I think 21/4/2005 must be the lastest version's release date.
Havell is offline                         Send a private message to Havell
Old 04-05-2005, 11:07 PM   #5
BeefontheBone
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

it was out as shareware and possibly as a fuller version to buy online for a couple of years - the boxed version is newer and has LOADS more features.
BeefontheBone is offline                         Send a private message to BeefontheBone
Old 04-05-2005, 11:20 PM   #6
Eagle of Fire
Friendly Fire

I can't manage to find a true reference somewhere but I am pretty sure LSN is a pre 2000 game. However, it been slowly but continually updated by the Gollops to make it what it is today.

What I don't like of today LSN is the Greys. They are not either fun to play with or against. I really prefer to play Marines and Machina games. That's where the fun is IMHO.

If someone need help, a few pointers or some tip and tricks feel free to PM me or ask me on this thread. I was a Field Instructor before my subcription run out. I don't have a lot of experience as a FI but I am deadly with Machina.