Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Gaming Zone
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Closed Thread

Old 16-10-2004, 09:11 PM   #41
Havell
Home Sweet Abandonia

I have to say I was addicted to Morrowind for ages, then I lost the CD but I don't think NWN is that bad, perhaps it's not as deep as some games but it has exellent combat and some inspired ideas for quests (like the village trapped in time).
Havell is offline                         Send a private message to Havell
Old 16-10-2004, 09:18 PM   #42
Jumjalum
Forum hobbit

Quote:
Originally posted by R Havell@Oct 16 2004, 09:11 PM
I have to say I was addicted to Morrowind for ages, then I lost the CD but I don't think NWN is that bad, perhaps it's not as deep as some games but it has exellent combat and some inspired ideas for quests (like the village trapped in time).
The trapped in time village was the most clever thing in the whole of NWN. It's widely agreed that the original campaign for NWN was a bit poor, even if the multiplayer was always good. Much better is the expansion Hordes of the Underdark, which has a very good single player campaign.
Jumjalum is offline                         Send a private message to Jumjalum
Old 16-10-2004, 09:20 PM   #43
Yamcha
Home Sweet Abandonia

Have anyone heard of Hexplore??I was 9 years when i played this game)It was in a magazine (full version)But i didn't make a copy((And now I'm searching the Full Version
Old 16-10-2004, 09:31 PM   #44
Stroggy
Home Sweet Abandonia

Quote:
Originally posted by Jumjalum+Oct 16 2004, 09:18 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Jumjalum @ Oct 16 2004, 09:18 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-R Havell@Oct 16 2004, 09:11 PM
I have to say I was addicted to Morrowind for ages, then I lost the CD * but I don't think NWN is that bad, perhaps it's not as deep as some games but it has exellent combat and some inspired ideas for quests (like the village trapped in time).
The trapped in time village was the most clever thing in the whole of NWN. It's widely agreed that the original campaign for NWN was a bit poor, even if the multiplayer was always good. Much better is the expansion Hordes of the Underdark, which has a very good single player campaign. [/b][/quote]
I agree that was one quest that was really quite clever.
However that was still just one good quest in a whole sea of boring quests.

I've often heard Hordes of the Underdark has a better story... but how?
Is it just better told, does it contain a ncie plottwist, are the characters more fleshed out?

I'm going to cut back on spending money on games (I kinda overdid it these last few months... mostly to get my mind off of the miserable situation I'm in now)
which means I'm only going to buy games that I know for sure I'll enjoy.

Oh and next time i'm in the city I'll remember to buy Baldurs Gate II (Baldurs gate II is 'shadows of Amn", right?)
Old 17-10-2004, 07:33 AM   #45
Iron_Scarecrow
Home Sweet Abandonia

Quote:
Originally posted by Stroggy@Oct 16 2004, 09:31 PM
Oh and next time i'm in the city I'll remember to buy Baldurs Gate II (Baldurs gate II is 'shadows of Amn", right?)
That is correct. :Brain:
And a warning it is a very time consuming game. I read somewhere it would take about 60 hours to complete the story without doing any sidequests, but you would most likely have to do sidequests for extra money and experience. I gave up halfway through the second part. Now I dont know where my CD's went and I'm dying to play it. :ranting:
Iron_Scarecrow is offline                         Send a private message to Iron_Scarecrow
Old 17-10-2004, 08:47 AM   #46
Stroggy
Home Sweet Abandonia

Quote:
Originally posted by Iron_Scarecrow+Oct 17 2004, 07:33 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Iron_Scarecrow @ Oct 17 2004, 07:33 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Stroggy@Oct 16 2004, 09:31 PM
That is correct. :Brain:
And a warning it is a very time consuming game. I read somewhere it would take about 60 hours to complete the story without doing any sidequests, but you would most likely have to do sidequests for extra money and experience. I gave up halfway through the second part. Now I dont know where my CD's went and I'm dying to play it. :ranting: [/b][/quote]
I know how you feel.
Make a search for posts about 'Planescape Torment' under my name and you'll see I've played halfway through the game three times already, but always uninstalled it after that...
and now that I WANT to play it... I can't find one of the CDs.

I believe most RPG gamers concider Planescape Torment as good as Baldurs Gate 1 and 2.
I don't know about Baldurs Gate, but Planescape Torment was pretty twisted.
It was ofcoarse very strange that you couldn't die... and in fact sometimes you HAD to die to escape from places.
And one part the character slits open his stumach and starts rummaging through it... very odd.

I played it till I became a member of the Festive Hall (or whatever its called)
'Birth of an Alleyway' was extremely strange
Old 17-10-2004, 11:55 AM   #47
Iron_Scarecrow
Home Sweet Abandonia

Quote:
Originally posted by Stroggy@Oct 17 2004, 08:47 AM
And one part the character slits open his stumach and starts rummaging through it... very odd.

Sounds cool :kiddi:
Iron_Scarecrow is offline                         Send a private message to Iron_Scarecrow
Old 17-10-2004, 12:53 PM   #48
TheVoid
Home Sweet Abandonia

It is
I LOVED this game, it features a deepness I had never seen before.....
And the plot was so intriguing, and the dialogues were literature....only thing that bit disappointed me was the ending......just because I DIDN'T want the game to end!

Talking of "odd" features, there's a whole bunch of!
First of all, you can rip your eyeball and replace it with another used from a precedent incarnation of you (that somehow remembers what has seen that time), then you can be tatooed and, well, "share" your tatoos with your allies -maybe ripping them off your skin and gluing them into another's, I didn't want to investigate-also, although being a rotten carcass, you could eventually make two hot girls fall in love with you, and sell your friends as slaves......this game is such an experience.
TheVoid is offline                         Send a private message to TheVoid
Old 17-10-2004, 12:56 PM   #49
The Niles
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Baldur's Gate 2 is the best RPG as far as I'm concerned. It has it all and better yet in all the right quantaties. I'm looking foreward to part 3.
Rabyd Rev -- 2 Timothy 2:15
The Niles is offline                         Send a private message to The Niles
Old 17-10-2004, 09:33 PM   #50
Jumjalum
Forum hobbit

Quote:
Originally posted by Stroggy@Oct 16 2004, 09:31 PM
I've often heard Hordes of the Underdark has a better story... but how?
Is it just better told, does it contain a ncie plottwist, are the characters more fleshed out?
It's a more interesting story just because the premise is that a load of monsters from the Underdark are attacking a city so you have to go down to find out whats going on, which beats the opening of NWN. It gets rid of the 'We need 4 objects from these 4 different areas' style quests which were a very tiresome part of NWN. There are in-engine cutscenes now which are quite cinematic and tell the story much better. The dungeons are more interesting, the plot is more interesting, the new prestige classes are pretty cool, you can have 2 henchmen instead of just one and you can give them more complex instructions about using spells, attacking etc. The henchmen are more fleshed out, and often cut in on conversations or start talking to you and if you like romances then there is at least one for men and one for women. There is a pretty cool plot twist, and there might be more since I haven't quite finished the last act yet. Overall HotU is worthwhile even if you didn't like the original campaign.
Jumjalum is offline                         Send a private message to Jumjalum
Closed Thread