Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 17-07-2007, 01:50 PM   #41
_r.u.s.s.
I'm not Russ
but an ex-alektorophobic

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(noGenius @ Jul 16 2007, 07:23 PM) [snapback]299713[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
Well the crack isn't working on my dosbox but the game is so could you find the manual in any way pretty please!!!
[/b]
it does work=] mm3crk.exe, with same 'functiality' as pure mm3.exe
Old 24-07-2007, 04:41 AM   #42
Casublett

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(azraelck @ Jul 17 2007, 05:23 AM) [snapback]299818[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
U6 works fine in DOSBox. Both U7 games work fine with Exult. AFAIK, all the prior Ultimas should work fin in DOSBox as well. Unless your referring to U8, which I haven't even tried to run yet.[/b]
Ultima 8 works fine in Dosbox. No speed issues either.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Romano @ Jul 9 2007, 10:15 AM) [snapback]298586[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
Feel free to comment and discuss this game here. Also, if you have any useful tips or tricks don't hesitate to share them with the others! Thanks!

Review and Download (if available)
[/b]
Great game, one of my favorite of the M&M series. IMHO the World of Xeen package was the best of the bunch.
Casublett is offline                         Send a private message to Casublett
Old 24-07-2007, 11:23 PM   #43
kmonster
Abandonia Homie

I liked MM3 even more than WoX.
kmonster is offline                         Send a private message to kmonster
Old 25-07-2007, 03:28 AM   #44
Casublett

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(kmonster @ Jul 25 2007, 12:23 AM) [snapback]301226[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
I liked MM3 even more than WoX.
[/b]
Why?

Xeen was bigger, had better graphics and the same basic gameplay.

Story line maybe?
Casublett is offline                         Send a private message to Casublett
Old 25-07-2007, 10:18 AM   #45
kmonster
Abandonia Homie

A reason for my opinion might be that I played MM3 before WoX.

MM3 had imho better graphics (didn't like the bright and dirty clouds style), better dungeon design (the dwarf mines in clouds are too long and boring), an easy way to make money to train your characters, so that XP and not money was the important thing for levelling.

WoX also suffers from being merged from two independent games. If you played clouds first, you already had all spells and 20 levels when starting darkside, if you played darkside, clouds was ridiculously easy.
I also didn't like how you were limited to low levels in clouds, the loss of overview in the inside automap and the fact that you needed one full day for shopping or visiting the bank.

There are quite some improvements in WoX, but not enough. MM3 was a masterpiece when it was released, WoX a sequel, improved game engine but rather solid than lovely (still very good though).

Old 26-07-2007, 01:41 PM   #46
Guest_NorthSaber_*

Great game, but with few bugs. Here's a few things I found out (not all bugs, but anyway):

Spoiler Warning:

Ultimate Power Orbs
Quote:
Originally posted by spoiler+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(spoiler)</div>
Quote:
The other castles will be destroyed once you deliver 10 or 11 UPOs to one king, so make sure you deliver all artifacts before this - I ended up with several useless artifacts of good and evil, once king neutral destroyed their castles...[/b]
The Brothers
Quote:
Originally posted by spoiler+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(spoiler)</div>
Quote:
Brother Delta never game me the Quatloo Coin, and never sent a message to Brother Zeta - and thus he never gave me the final clues. The Rainbow Island they're talking about is located south of Castle Blackwind, and the place is only interesting on the last day of the year...[/b]
Gender difference?
<!--QuoteBegin-spoiler
@
If you want to do all of the sidequests in the game, you'll be happier if you took mostly male characters at the beginning. Let's just say that at one point you want to have 5 (or more) men in your group, but if you started with 3 male / 3 female, you can also hire 2 male hirelings for this...
Fountain of Youth
<!--QuoteBegin-spoiler

As far as I know, I've already activated / raised the "Piranha" Isle which is supposed to have a fountain of youth on it, but for the life of me I can't find it. All the guides say it's in map area B2 (also marked on the 'fantasy map' as Piranha Bay, outside Baywatch), but there's no island in that area. Please post here if you find the island!
Recharge trick
Quote:
Originally posted by spoiler
Early on in the game I lucked out: I found a Sabre of Star Bursts and a Rod of Recharging. Imagine my glee when I noticed the rod could also be used to recharge itself... Infinite charges of one of the most powerful spells in the game!

Old 27-07-2007, 08:40 PM   #47
kmonster
Abandonia Homie

About the fountain: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jUaUj2Kud9w
Old 28-07-2007, 10:20 AM   #48

Oh. <_< It still asks you a word from manual, but you can type just about anything. Thank you.
[/quote] I was just wondering what some of the password were cuzz I cant get it workin.

Old 30-07-2007, 11:50 AM   #49
kmonster
Abandonia Homie

I recommend the following starting procedure:

Trade the items from the party members you want to remove to the others, enter the inn and replace them with newly created ones. Add the two hirelings to your party and leave. If you don't have a sorcerer go norteast to learn cartography. Else go straight to the shop, buy what you need (bow, cutlass, helm, gauntlets, cloak, potion of healing and maybe some random stuff) and leave the town to the south.

Turn left to the west and hug the mountain to the left until you find the well which gives +20 to AC. The monsters will have an hard time to hit your party afterwards. Continue north until you see the orc wagon to the left and destroy it (5,000 XP). Leave the area , go forward until there aren't any mountains to the right anymore then turn right. Walk some steps until you can see another lair to the left and destroy it (10,000 XP). Keep going south and destroy the next hut (500 gems). Turn left and proceed until you see and destroy a goblin hut (5,000 XP). Now you can go back north and destroy the goblin lair southeast of fountain head (2,500 XP). (if you have a ranger in your party you can also find scrolls in the forest squares SN and NE of it.
Afterwards go east to the sea again like at the start, but turn right(south) there instead of left(north) like before. Follow the mountains at your left untill you can see a well after turning left. Turn around, so in the opposite direction until you find a lair(looks like a well) there to the left and destroy it for another 5,000 XP.
If you return now your party members have more than 32,000 XP each and can train for a lot of levels, most characters will get the important second attack per round (I'd strip and dismiss the hirelings before, you don't need them anymore).
With the right combat tactics the chance is quite high that it will work without having to reload, but you can save as often as you want to make sure no one dies.
Old 06-08-2007, 07:21 PM   #50
kmonster
Abandonia Homie

One advice for powergamers:
I found out that if you turn off the PC (or end dosbox) while you're in the inn where you created your characters you keep your freshly created characters.
This way you can split creating your characters over several days without having to leave and reenter the inn which takes a full day time. (doesn't really matter for "normal" players however since you have plenty of time in the game)