Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Gaming Zone
Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 30-07-2015, 06:36 PM   #1
MrFlibble
Abandonia Homie

Default Free DOS games by UK team Dod-G Pos-E

Recently I have found Wayback Machine-archived pages of a website belonging to a small UK game development team called Dod-G Pos-E. Never heard of them before. Apparently they had released several of their DOS games as shareware via publisher called Ultisoft, but sometime later liberated those titles. Some of the games were free from the start.

The files are available from two sites: here and here. Not all files have been preserved, and there are differences between the versions of some of the games available from these two sites.
Old 31-07-2015, 01:13 PM   #2
patryckslasher
Also Known As patryckpo

Send a message via MSN to patryckslasher

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrFlibble View Post
Recently I have found Wayback Machine-archived pages of a website belonging to a small UK game development team called Dod-G Pos-E. Never heard of them before. Apparently they had released several of their DOS games as shareware via publisher called Ultisoft, but sometime later liberated those titles. Some of the games were free from the start.
In fact I got some of them, some which has the verification code to be entered, our best bet is to post a request for each, I can provide files, since those you posted a link needs some programs said on their site, and it would be better for the end-user to have the apps running at full without needing to download anything else. Too bad Ultisoft released mostly slotmachine simulators than games, but I'm tracking down each of them, I hope to get most of it.
EDIT: I stopped to post requests because I don't have time to post them now.

Last edited by patryckslasher; 31-07-2015 at 01:14 PM. Reason: Forgot to say something
patryckslasher is offline                         Send a private message to patryckslasher
Old 01-08-2015, 12:42 PM   #3
MrFlibble
Abandonia Homie

Quote:
Originally Posted by patryckslasher View Post
In fact I got some of them, some which has the verification code to be entered, our best bet is to post a request for each, I can provide files, since those you posted a link needs some programs said on their site, and it would be better for the end-user to have the apps running at full without needing to download anything else.
To the best of my knowledge, the verisons available here already do not need any registration codes. The earlier ones here are provided with registration codes on the page.

I have checked the archived pages of the Ultisoft website but did not find any mention of Dod-G Pos-E games there. Perhaps they were removed from the catalogue before the Wayback Machine got any snapshots of the site.

Did Ultisoft actually distribute physical copies of the games, or was it just online registration?