Go Back   Forums > Updates Workflow > Request Games
Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 08-12-2012, 09:54 PM   #1
catchaserguns
Games Master

Default The Yendorian Tales Series

Is there any way someone can upload the registered versions of these shareware games. The parent company is out of business and I can't find the registered versions on any other site.
catchaserguns is offline                         Send a private message to catchaserguns
Old 08-12-2012, 10:18 PM   #2
Scatty
Treasure hunter

Don't have the first Yendorian Tales of the trilogy, but I do have Yendorian Tales Book I: Chapter 2 and The Tyrants of Thaine, full versions.

Actually of the former there're three versions.
1. An earlier shareware version they stopped distributing after some time back then, which technically is 100% full game simply requiring a password (which could be purchased to unlock the game for full version content, or simply browsed for in the in-game clue book due to a small glitch) on a certain location in the world to proceed. The only thing making it a shareware is the main menu stating it, which is probably why they stopped distributing that version later.
2. A later small shareware version which only has the shareware part of the game data. It could be activated by using some files after ordering the full game, those files then converted the game and added game data for it to become a full version, making it bigger.
3. Full version as the result of conversion of the shareware version above.

The 1. and 3. version are those I do have of Chapter 2, together with Tyrants of Thaine, so if it's ok with the admins and/or updaters I can upload them. However it's been many years since I last played Yendorian Tales Book I: Chapter 2, and I never had a go at The Tyrants of Thaine yet, so I wouldn't be able to come up with a review of either of the two at the moment.
In any case this less-known game series (at least the full versions) is becoming pretty hard to find lately since the closure of the SW Games few years ago, it would be a shame seeing it disappear from the net.
Scatty is offline                         Send a private message to Scatty
Old 10-12-2012, 09:04 AM   #3
Smiling Spectre
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Send a message via ICQ to Smiling Spectre Send a message via AIM to Smiling Spectre Send a message via MSN to Smiling Spectre

I have all three games... actually, I even have several versions of part 2 (as it happens, there are two different versions and multiple models of distributing - very confusing!). I can upload it, if (or when) it needed. I thought, I gave links to Scatty, but actually it was _r.u.s.s., sorry.
Smiling Spectre is offline                         Send a private message to Smiling Spectre
Old 07-09-2014, 10:49 PM   #4
dotson
Default yendor book 1 chapter 1 full version

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smiling Spectre View Post
I have all three games... actually, I even have several versions of part 2 (as it happens, there are two different versions and multiple models of distributing - very confusing!). I can upload it, if (or when) it needed. I thought, I gave links to Scatty, but actually it was _r.u.s.s., sorry.
Do you still have the book 1 chapter 1 full version files? I can't find working links on any of the threads I have found except for the shareware.

Old 08-09-2014, 11:49 AM   #5
Smiling Spectre
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Send a message via ICQ to Smiling Spectre Send a message via AIM to Smiling Spectre Send a message via MSN to Smiling Spectre

Yes, of course. I need to dig it out from my trash heaps, but it definitely somewhere here.