Go Back   Forums > Updates Workflow > Request Games > Invalid Requests
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 30-12-2006, 04:22 AM   #1
MrsKryten

Default Lucifers Realm [NON-PC]

Help me for those who are old enough to remember...

I used to play this text adventure game (sort of like an Infocom game but with graphics at the top of the screen) on an Apple IIe where the character went into Hell and ran into people like Jim Jones and Hitler and you had to get things for them (like Kool-Aid for Jones) to get out of Hell...something like that. The disc I had was flawed though so I never finished the game.

I cannot for the life of me recall the title of this game. I have searched online but could not find anything (except for someone else asking the exact same question!). It was probably released in the mid-80s. If anyone can shed some light on this title, please let me know. Additionally, I do not know if this game was ever made for DOS but if it is, I definitely want to request it here if it's abandoned. Thank you!
MrsKryten is offline                         Send a private message to MrsKryten
Old 02-01-2007, 10:38 AM   #2
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

Escape From Hell - Electronic Arts 1990 - ABANDONWARE

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 02-01-2007, 11:08 PM   #3
MrsKryten

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(the_fifth_horseman @ Jan 2 2007, 03:38 AM) [snapback]272996[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
Escape From Hell - Electronic Arts 1990 - ABANDONWARE
[/b]
Thanks for the help! I took a look though and Escape From Hell is way too advanced to be the game I'm thinking of. The game I played was on an Apple IIe and would have been around in the mid to late 80s. It only allowed text input (like Zork except it had some images).

I think I've finally found out the name though. There's a game called Lucifer's Realm that is most likely the game I'm thinking of. It came out in 1984 by American Eagle Software. If I can find a copy, I would be able to tell for sure. This certainly looks like the game I played but the walkthrough I found does not mention Jim Jones and I could have sworn he was part of the game. <_<

If anyone has any additional info on Lucifer's Realm, let me know. Thanks!

MrsKryten is offline                         Send a private message to MrsKryten
Old 02-01-2007, 11:52 PM   #4
MrsKryten

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(MrsKryten @ Jan 2 2007, 04:08 PM) [snapback]273067[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
[/b]
I found an Apple IIe emulator and disk images for Lucifer's Realm and, yep, it's the game I was thinking of. Nothing fancy at all but it was a fond memory from my youth.
Old 12-01-2007, 03:59 AM   #5
cdtoad

You also gotta check out Masquerade, Quake (the Apple ][ adventure) and the Institute by the same group of guys. These were hands down THE BEST graphic adventures on that little machine.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(MrsKryten @ Jan 2 2007, 07:52 PM) [snapback]273069[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(MrsKryten @ Jan 2 2007, 04:08 PM) [snapback]273067[/snapback]
Quote:
[/b]
I found an Apple IIe emulator and disk images for Lucifer's Realm and, yep, it's the game I was thinking of. Nothing fancy at all but it was a fond memory from my youth.
[/b][/quote]

Also is this your Jim Jones guys?

cdtoad is offline                         Send a private message to cdtoad
Old 16-01-2007, 06:42 AM   #6
MrsKryten

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(cdtoad @ Jan 11 2007, 08:59 PM) [snapback]274448[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
You also gotta check out Masquerade, Quake (the Apple ][ adventure) and the Institute by the same group of guys. These were hands down THE BEST graphic adventures on that little machine.

Also is this your Jim Jones guys?

[/b]
Yep, that's the dude. The walkthrough I glanced at before just mentions him as a guard but I found pictures from the actual box for Lucifer's Realm and he is referred to as "Reverend Jim." I was wrong about the Kool-Aid though. LOL

I'll check out the other games you mentioned. Thanks!
Old 20-03-2012, 12:58 PM   #7
TotalAnarchy
Surviving the Dark Age

This game was not released for PC, or so the internet claims.
Old 23-03-2012, 11:55 AM   #8
Cluseck
Home Sweet Abandonia

I also haven't found any info about PC version.

I think we should label this request as 'invalid'.
Cluseck is offline                         Send a private message to Cluseck