Old 18-06-2008, 12:53 PM   #81
Dave
Mandolin & Spaghetti Soldier

yep yep, sorry liormann.
Old 18-08-2008, 07:28 PM   #82
MrDeadly
Game freak

About Plague of the Moon

Since the author ain't releasing this game for free (according to previous posts), how about this:
What if we made a post where everyone who's interested in getting the full version leaves a note, then after a while we (the abandonia staff or me/you/anyone really - doesn't matter who) mails this list to the author (only his snailmail is known). We'll inform him that these are people who want the game, but find his old price a bit steep, but promise to buy it if he lowers the price to say - 5 $. And the question he should be asked is: "Do you want this game to continue it's unknown status until its totally forgotten, or do you want to give it the oppertunity to gain cult-status and be remembered?"

I think its worth a try.. how about you?
Old 18-08-2008, 07:52 PM   #83
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

Perhaps, but the most likely response we'd receive is that if they want it so badly, they're welcome to get it - at the normal price.

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards

Last edited by The Fifth Horseman; 18-08-2008 at 07:59 PM.
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 19-08-2008, 12:07 AM   #84
MrDeadly
Game freak

Yes that is very possible, but it may also shed light on the fact that not many will buy the game for its current price so if he wants to sell more then one unit now and then, which I'm guessing he does, but instead sell 10-20 copies (I don't know how many of you actually want this game so this is just a reasonable guess) in a very near future, he can do that simply by lowering the price.

What I'm sure will happen if the price is not reduced is that someone buys the game and that copy will be made availabe through the internet through filesharing-servers, people who don't give a damn about copyright etc will surely download it - it gets out of control - and the author never sells another copy.

Last edited by MrDeadly; 19-08-2008 at 12:09 AM.
MrDeadly is offline                         Send a private message to MrDeadly
Old 19-08-2008, 10:11 AM   #85
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

Quote:
What I'm sure will happen if the price is not reduced is that someone buys the game and that copy will be made availabe through the internet through filesharing-servers, people who don't give a damn about copyright etc will surely download it - it gets out of control - and the author never sells another copy.
I'm surprised it hasn't already.

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 05-02-2009, 12:25 AM   #86
MrDeadly
Game freak

I've just finished Plague of the Moon using a walkthrough. I have to say that I was disappointed with the game. The controls are broken, your character gets stuck all over the place - at one time she ended up walking straight up into the air! Some text just jump past you and the music is mostly crap. Of course, in true hollywood fashion, the vengeful-daughter-of-a-witch character you play turn out not to be her real daughter but a regular girl who then teams up with the forces of the church to fight the devil, which I feel ruined a cool concept (how often do you get to play evil in an adventure game?). The game had this great potential and scenario but it's all flushed down the toilet..
Also, you have to walk around and wait for night to turn to day and vice versa many times during the game. This works in some games but not in this one simply because there's nothing to do while waiting other then walking back and forth. It get's annoying, and downright boring.

I did play the shareware version, so the full version might not have the bugs I speak of. It also may be more fun because of its sound effects and voices. However, that doesn't help the all-to-familiar story and crappy music :notrust:. This game is certainly not worth 15$, not now, not ever.

Last edited by MrDeadly; 05-02-2009 at 12:31 AM.
MrDeadly is offline                         Send a private message to MrDeadly
Old 07-08-2009, 04:44 AM   #87
Acethor
HECU Marine

Plague of the Moon [REJECTED - SHAREWARE]

As far as we know this game is shareware (automatically rejected) and the owner refuses to release it.

We need help!! Click the link above if you're interested!
Acethor is offline                         Send a private message to Acethor