Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Community News & Feedback > Old Suggestions
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 15-08-2008, 10:35 PM   #11
Sal
Game Wizzard

:confused: Note that Chosen asked a question about playing on two computers. I wonder if anyone out there could tell me why it is possible to have two computers in the same home office about 2 metres apart and be able to log in on one but not the other? On one computer I can go to the Abandonia site but can't log in..tried so many times I have lost count..On that computer I can't even find my account It simply isn't there. If I try to register again with my details I am told that the name..e-mail etc is already in use!!! spooky eh.....Anyone got a clue...SAL
Sal is offline                         Send a private message to Sal
Old 15-08-2008, 10:40 PM   #12
_r.u.s.s.
I'm not Russ
but an ex-alektorophobic

wow o_O this is definitely wrong information from the computer which is being transferred, because the site has a stable database. maybe a spyware? i dunno

what exactly happens when you try to login anyways?
Old 16-08-2008, 09:17 AM   #13
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

Quote:
On one computer I can go to the Abandonia site but can't log in..tried so many times I have lost count..On that computer I can't even find my account It simply isn't there.
What message appears when you try to log in? How are you trying to find your account?
Try checking with this link: http://www.abandonia.com/user/11190

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 16-08-2008, 10:02 PM   #14
Sal
Game Wizzard

:wondering: Ok R.U.S.S. This is what happens.. I turn on computer 2 (which looks and generally acts like a normal computer in all respects) then I connect to the net in the normal way..then I go to the Abandonia site..so far so good no problems..The site tells me I can't do anything unless I log in.Fair enough so I try to do that and nothing happens..I have tried looking for my membership details by using the filter and this tells me I am non existant Here is another weird thing.When my son was home on leave recently he brought his brand new lap top with him and I laughingly asked him to try to log on to Abandonia on it, I gave him my password and he was into the site with no problems in about half a nano second....Intriguing isn.t it?....SAL

Fifth Horseman...I will have to change computers to check out the link you sent..will do this ASAP..By the way here is another freaky thing. a few days ago I switched on computer 2 went to the Abandonia site as usual and found that I was logged on!!!! Only problem was it wasn't me!! it was a person with 270 in his nickname..can't remember the other bit...I had access to his account and his details...I sent a PM to this person but was told that he did not accept PM's...I immediately logged off, but could not get back on again with my own password etc...Sounds like something out of the "TWilight Zone" doesn't it....SAL

Last edited by Sal; 16-08-2008 at 10:09 PM.
Old 16-08-2008, 11:53 PM   #15
Dave
Mandolin & Spaghetti Soldier

These are the "270" suspects:
http://www.abandonia.com/en/members/0/0/0/0/0/270/

If you sent him a PM you could have some info into your "Sent Messages" folder about him.

Did you try to delete the cache btw? (CTRL+F5)

Last edited by Dave; 16-08-2008 at 11:56 PM.
Dave is offline                         Send a private message to Dave
Old 17-08-2008, 02:29 AM   #16
Sal
Game Wizzard

David have sent you a PM

5Th Horseman...I logged off computer 1 and went to the AB site on computer 2 clicked on the link you gave me and Yes my members profile came up BUT when I typed in my name and password nothing happened...When I use Computer 2 (which in all other respects is a good and obedient computer) I feel like I am somehow caught up in a scene from "The Matrix" between worlds...Any ideas?..SAL

Last edited by Sal; 17-08-2008 at 02:52 AM.
Old 17-08-2008, 11:12 AM   #17
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

Are you sure you've entered the same password both times?

Quote:
when I typed in my name and password nothing happened...
Um, you did click on "Login" after entering the username and password, right? *

If the site didn't recognize your password, it should display a message uder the navigation bar:
Quote:
Sorry. Unrecognized username or password. Have you forgotten your password?

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 17-08-2008, 11:53 AM   #18
Dave
Mandolin & Spaghetti Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sal View Post
David have sent you a PM
Ok, let's see what e can do
Old 17-08-2008, 09:43 PM   #19
Sal
Game Wizzard

:wondering: Hello 5th Horseman..Yes I have done all you asked and the only thing that doesn't happen is that when I type in my user name and password the message about not recognising my password doesn't come up the page remains the same..My user name and password work very well on computer 1...I am on computer 1 at the moment. I use computer 2 for games only...Thanks Sal
Old 18-08-2008, 06:17 AM   #20
TheChosen
"I" in the Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fifth Horseman View Post
CTRL+F5 or CTRL+SHIFT+R : refresh page bypassing browser cache.
Didnt work. No change in avatars.

Might it have something to do with my browser? In school, I use Internet Explorer, but in home, I got firefox.

Or, I cant bybass the cache because its protected or something?
TheChosen is offline                         Send a private message to TheChosen