Go Back   Forums > Updates Workflow > Offers
Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 12-08-2010, 10:33 PM   #11
tgp1994

Oh... hmm. Is anyone else having trouble with the email notification system? I'm subscribed to this topic, but I didn't notice the replies until I saw on the forums that it was the top-most in the section.
tgp1994 is offline                         Send a private message to tgp1994
Old 13-08-2010, 12:44 PM   #12
Paco
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Send a message via ICQ to Paco Send a message via MSN to Paco Send a message via Yahoo to Paco
Default StreetsofSimCity

Quote:
Originally Posted by tgp1994 View Post
I could do Zip, Tar, and 7z formats, but doing Zip will compress it down to 23.8 MB.
but the Game on FTP is 371 MB big. Too big! the Limit for onsite Games is 150 MB and all above it is to put them in ISO CELLAR.

You didnt create a User-Folder. This way we wouldnt know who submitted it. Also the Game-Name must be proper. Its not "StreetsofSimCity" but "Streets of SimCity" as it will be called on AB.

Since the Game is too big and also protected, i will delete it from FTP, but please remember it for the next time you upload something on FTP. okay?

Check here for Maps i made
Paco is offline                         Send a private message to Paco
Old 13-08-2010, 04:28 PM   #13
tgp1994

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paco View Post
but the Game on FTP is 371 MB big. Too big! the Limit for onsite Games is 150 MB and all above it is to put them in ISO CELLAR.

You didnt create a User-Folder. This way we wouldnt know who submitted it. Also the Game-Name must be proper. Its not "StreetsofSimCity" but "Streets of SimCity" as it will be called on AB.

Since the Game is too big and also protected, i will delete it from FTP, but please remember it for the next time you upload something on FTP. okay?
Oh, sorry about that, forgot about the size requirement :P

TotalAnarchy just told me to put it under /GameName/, but since I assumed any space would turn into underscores, (and not look so nice), I just omitted the spaces. I was assuming you guys would then create a page for it, with the proper formatting and all that stuff.

Well, when it becomes legal, please tell me, I'd be glad to upload it
Old 11-12-2012, 03:43 AM   #14
sim2er
Lurker

Default Looking for ISO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Professor Oak View Post
You'll have to wait a few years for the Streets of SimCity to become unprotected with the date for that being Halloween 2012.
I'm going to necro this post because if the quoted date is correct, I'd like to get a copy (ISO). I'd install off of the disk I have but my Win98 VM doesn't recognize my physical CD drive, but it does load ISO images though. At this point SoSC should be unprotected.
sim2er is offline                         Send a private message to sim2er
Old 11-12-2012, 11:33 AM   #15
tgp1994

Quote:
Originally Posted by sim2er View Post
I'm going to necro this post because if the quoted date is correct, I'd like to get a copy (ISO). I'd install off of the disk I have but my Win98 VM doesn't recognize my physical CD drive, but it does load ISO images though. At this point SoSC should be unprotected.
Thanks for the heads up sim2er,
I was feeling like some soSC myself. If the rule is true and we can begin uploading the game now, I'll go digging around this weekend for the game
Old 14-12-2012, 05:16 PM   #16
Cluseck
Home Sweet Abandonia

Quote:
Originally Posted by sim2er View Post
At this point SoSC should be unprotected.
It's still sold.
Cluseck is offline                         Send a private message to Cluseck
Old 15-12-2012, 12:29 AM   #17
tgp1994

Does the fact that one copy of the game happens to show up in Amazon somewhere in Germany actually mean it's "protected"?
Looking at this from a different perspective, if it becomes impossible to find a physical copy in any corner of the internet, how is one to make it available online? That is supposing, of course, that people haven't already distributed it across filesharing networks, unless it is those networks that abandonia intends to acquire its content from.

Besides, the game probably isn't even localized. It did so poorly in the United States, I can't imagine Maxis attempting to sell it elsewhere.

Last edited by tgp1994; 15-12-2012 at 12:36 AM.
Old 26-11-2013, 07:07 PM   #18
Japo
Autonomous human

We disqualify some sellers (including Amazon Marketplace non "FBA") when the licensing chain can't be verified or something, but we have to draw the line somewhere to be called legit.

It's a sad obviety that a game can't be considered abandonware before it stops being distributed legitimately. So yes pirate sources are then acceptable, after the game has become abandoned. It's also possible that someone makes a copy of his game that he acquired legally when they were available for sale.