Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 20-07-2010, 10:43 AM   #91

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheeky one View Post
BI2
GEHAUWA - Port to the World

I capture all the cities and such. I use my artillery to pound the building outside the wharf to (hopefully) gain access for capture. However, I am never able to capture the wharf with a ranger or infantry unit - it is always greyed out.

(...)

Any suggestions?
Yes: you need to capture the harbour from the sea-side. This means using a Vader (amphibious vehicle) loaded with a Demon or Troll (infantry). The cool thing about this is that the enemy will never be able to take it back from you.

Don't worry about the patrol boat. You don't have to destroy it in order to win this scenario. If you would have had to do so, the only way would be to make sure you see a hex next to the patrol boat but not the boat itself, then send a unit to that visible hex. The patrol boat would then automatically attack you and you would return fire; repeat if necessary.

I only got back to playing this game yesterday, after a pause of about two years, and I actually never made it beyond OLARIBU in campaign play (actually because I never tried it), but boy did I have a lot of fun messing around with single maps! :-) I am currently having my first serious attempt at OLARIBU, but the computer's turns last dreadfully long, so once I lose any campaign, I think I will stop playing ;-)

Old 21-08-2010, 01:19 PM   #92
novaworld
Lurker

Angry battle isle 2

if anyone is really having difficulty with a level u can always semi cheat at the game. when u start a new map, set difficulty level to training, move and fight your units then set the difficulty level to easy,medium or hard then end your go. the computers turn will be in the difficulty level u chose (they will expend fuel and ammo too), once its your turn again, change the difficulty to training and move a unit to get rid of the fog, and repeat!

i downloaded the addon titans legacy from here and run it. i had no problems till about the 4-5th map,i got half way through the total amount of turns, i'd wiped out the green comp player, i ended my go and the red and yellow computer players took their turns without problem but then green had its go, and it just kept beeping out "computers turn over" or what ever it shows when the computer player finishes its go, over and over again endlessly, i have to shut down dosbox to end the program! anyone know what the problem may be?
novaworld is offline                         Send a private message to novaworld
Old 16-03-2011, 03:49 AM   #93
Frodo
One ring to rule them all...

Sold on GOG

Frodo is offline                         Send a private message to Frodo
Old 08-04-2011, 01:39 PM   #94
Biges

Question

Sorry about a slight OT, but could anyone tell me in more detail the story of the Battle Isle 3 (aka Battle Isle 2220). Or point me to a page where it is described, I have been unable to find one.

I had played the game a long time ago and remember being annoyed by the story, I'd rather play for the Drulls.

Thanks
Biges is offline                         Send a private message to Biges
Old 25-04-2011, 01:45 PM   #95
gerwin

Quote:
Originally Posted by novaworld View Post
i downloaded the addon titans legacy from here and run it. i had no problems till about the 4-5th map,i got half way through the total amount of turns, i'd wiped out the green comp player, i ended my go and the red and yellow computer players took their turns without problem but then green had its go, and it just kept beeping out "computers turn over" or what ever it shows when the computer player finishes its go, over and over again endlessly, i have to shut down dosbox to end the program! anyone know what the problem may be?
I got the same beheviour in map 2 of titan's legacy after the yellow allie was driven off the map. Could only fix it by putting the battle2.exe file from the floppy version of battle isle 2 in the game folder, and use that one to run the game until after the computers turn is over. Then the problem is gone.

Battle isle 3 is quite lame: lame new units, no keyboard control, inferiour color palette.
well you can find out for yourself with the demo:
http://www.bluebyte.net/battleisle-e...ory/phase3.asp

Old 26-06-2011, 11:02 AM   #96
Default combat bars

Hi,
does anybody know what 4(5) bars that appears at the bottom of the screen during combat of 2 units represents?
Thanks

BTW best war strategy IMO

Kano4

Old 29-06-2011, 12:07 PM   #97
Wicky
the little viking

Quote:
Originally Posted by guest View Post
Hi,
does anybody know what 4(5) bars that appears at the bottom of the screen during combat of 2 units represents?
Thanks

BTW best war strategy IMO

Kano4
I have the original manual from BI2 in original german, there is no description of the 4 bars in it.
The 5th bar is probably the sum of combat strength, which indicates how many units you will loose. These factors will modify the combat strength of any units you have:
1) Terrain bonus: Units which are positioned in forests take less damage.
2) Flanking bonus: Units, which are outflanked by 2 or more enemy units, take more damage.
3) Entrenchment bonus: Units, which are positioned in a fortification/forest/fence receive less damage
4) Stats: Units, which have 2x as much attack than the defender has armor deal 2x as much damage.

i only ever watch the 5th bar, this one tells whether I loose too many units to win, or whether it is going to be a cheap victory. Loosing my own units in a fight is, however, out of question
Old 29-06-2011, 04:45 PM   #98
Default RE: combat bars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wicky View Post
I have the original manual from BI2 in original german, there is no description of the 4 bars in it.
The 5th bar is probably the sum of combat strength, which indicates how many units you will loose. These factors will modify the combat strength of any units you have:
1) Terrain bonus: Units which are positioned in forests take less damage.
2) Flanking bonus: Units, which are outflanked by 2 or more enemy units, take more damage.
3) Entrenchment bonus: Units, which are positioned in a fortification/forest/fence receive less damage
4) Stats: Units, which have 2x as much attack than the defender has armor deal 2x as much damage.

i only ever watch the 5th bar, this one tells whether I loose too many units to win, or whether it is going to be a cheap victory. Loosing my own units in a fight is, however, out of question
Thank you!

Somewhere on web I found this:
1. attack bonus
2. deffence bonus
3. unused
4. surrounding units (flanking) bonus

but I don´t know if it refers to BI2 :-)

Watching these bars while playing, I am sure about second bar defence bonus.
Flanking bonus I think is both third and fourth bar. At least on Difficult level, I did not try Expert level.

Of course attack and defence strenght and number of vehicles are taken into account, they modify all 4 bars.

Fifth bar is sum and determines result of battle.

But when unit goes through unexplored terrain and is ambushed by hidden enemy unit, ambush is not taken into account and result is the same as in normal attack.
This is strange and you can actually use it for your advantage. For example move and attack with Nashorn tanks or attack multiple units in same turn. Of course you must know about those hidden units.

Old 08-06-2014, 01:54 PM   #99
irregular guest

Hi guys,

I have some questions, maybe one of you know the answer.

I'm wondering, if the lastly mentioned bars are of any use? I mean, i see them, when i launch an attack but not before, which seems somewhat useless to me, since not a second later i have the battle results. Is there any way to watch those bars *before* starting an attack?

In the (very meger) manual i read, that surrounding an enemy unit is granting an attacking bonus, or for precisements sake a defensive malus -> how strong is the impact? And does that mean, the more units are surrounding an enemy the more mali does it get?

Last but not least, what's the point of "blocking" (moving units adjacent to own units) which is mentioned in the manual too? Does it give defensive boni? How strong are them? Does they multiply? (I watched for that during the missions and it seemed to me that it doesnt have any impact on the battle results at all. 2 demons were behind my technotrax when it was attacked by another technotrax und the bars indicated equal chances....)

Thank for any answers in advance. Have a nice day.

Old 27-10-2015, 08:30 PM   #100
Torquemada10
Forum hobbit

My units don't seem to carry over their experience in campaign mode however I get xp points to distribute for land air and sea units. Is there any way to influence the amount of points I get after each battle?
Torquemada10 is offline                         Send a private message to Torquemada10