Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Blah, blah, blah...
Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 29-03-2008, 10:38 PM   #1
Lozzenger2
Abandonia nerd

Default Non-DOS, Commodore Rarity Question o_O

I don't really frequent any other gaming sites and you guys are pretty knowledgable on the world of old games so perhaps you could help me?
I've got a Terminator 2 Boxed Edition of the Commodore 64 (Which was just the same console, but in a terminator box o_O) and I'm trying to find out what it's worth.
I've searched on ebay and a variety of google searches but nothing seems to want to show itself on this matter, there's plenty of Terminator 2 the game, but not the console.
The only site I've found with any reference to it is an info site on the commodore, but it lacks any valuing pages (Although I did find a nice value site for old Acorn Electron Games, which is useful since I have one of those too =D).
I'm hoping my lack of any result is a good thing and only serves to make it a rare find but the chances of that happening are slim with my luck xD Still it doesn't hurt to ask.

So yeah, anyone know what the Terminator 2: Judgement Day Box Edition of the Commodore 64 could be worth, if anything?
Lozzenger2 is offline                         Send a private message to Lozzenger2
Old 30-03-2008, 12:22 AM   #2
Frodo
One ring to rule them all...

I don't know what this could be worth. If you are thinking of selling it, look on eBay for a standard Commodore console, and add a bit extra onto it. Emphasise that this is a special edition Terminator 2 version, and there is no others like it for sale on eBay at the time you put the auction on.

Frodo is offline                         Send a private message to Frodo
Old 30-03-2008, 12:37 AM   #3
Lozzenger2
Abandonia nerd

Hmm that does make sense.
Probably about £20-30 if I get lucky then.
There's a plain one going for £66 (10 bids), but that's with 80 games and the cassette unit has miraculously stayed in working order xD
I'm pretty sure we have a big collection of games somewhere, but I might have to look into finding a new cassette unit.
If he'd mentioned SpinDizzy in the game list I might have put a bid in myself, but ah well. I'll just have to wait for that guy Martin to finish his SpinDizzy remake..
Lozzenger2 is offline                         Send a private message to Lozzenger2
Old 03-06-2008, 10:27 PM   #4
Talin
Game freak

sorry for digging up a corpse thread.

that T2 C64 boxe (and other Edition packages) came very late in the C64's life, with Commodore trying to keep the sales of C64 alive abit longer, and from what i gathered from other collectors i know a C64 "Edition" box in mint could prob go for like 115 USD if you find the right buyer for it.
Talin is offline                         Send a private message to Talin
Old 09-06-2008, 02:52 AM   #5
JJXB
Pi-voh

what would a big set of C64 games and hardware be worth now? (including and old-style and newer C64 and 1541 disk drive)
JJXB is offline                         Send a private message to JJXB
Old 09-06-2008, 07:36 PM   #6
Talin
Game freak

all of it? with games? hard to tell, big collector-ideal starter C64 packages with games is rather popular on Ebay and other auction sites nowadays.

my guess would be anywhere between 83USD to 160USD if you sell it all at once, atleast thats what a big C64 packages here where i live is worth.

Last edited by Talin; 12-06-2008 at 03:15 PM. Reason: should be 160USd, not 1600USD :)
Talin is offline                         Send a private message to Talin
Old 09-06-2008, 10:55 PM   #7
JJXB
Pi-voh

i was just curious since i have a big collection of C64 stuff and i wanted to know the value (money wise anyway) i would never actually sell it since it means too much to me sentimentally (it'd be like selling off my memories)
JJXB is offline                         Send a private message to JJXB