Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 07-01-2007, 11:02 PM   #101
CJ Marren

Sorry about double-posting, but I am the above guest, just registered now.
CJ Marren is offline                         Send a private message to CJ Marren
Old 08-01-2007, 10:03 AM   #102
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

Try looking on eMule network.

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 11-01-2007, 01:14 AM   #103
Cosmonaut_Roger
Abandonia nerd

These are fantastic games! I have them both on my computer, and I play them as best I can on XP. Although it has already been discussed here, my only advice to playing on XP is to use dosbox and/or VDMsound and crank the CPU cycles up. I also found it helps to have some frame skip in Dosbox. I've looked everywhere and read suggestions and solutions, and these games seem to be very demanding on modern PCs running dosbox. I think you basically have to settle for skipping sound and jerky movement, but it can be reduced by tweaking values in Dosbox. As for the movies, ISOs of these games can be found. Although I own both my copies, I know there were torrents floating around out there not too long ago.
Cosmonaut_Roger is offline                         Send a private message to Cosmonaut_Roger
Old 14-01-2007, 05:47 AM   #104
Thumbs up

So I have Win98

I downloaded the game then installed it and then clicked on the exe and it asked me if I wanted to allways start this program in dos, i said yes.

Then it took me to dos and started loading up the game but when it got to loading maps it seemed like it froze up, nothing except powering down would exit. Then as soon as I powered on again it would try and load the game again and lockup. I'm not that computer savvy so the only way I could get it to stop was to boot windows in safe mode and delete the crusader files.

It will start windows now but it still tries to start the game when I turn on the pc....

So the questions are, how do I stop it from trying to start the game when I turn on the pc and if you had any idea of what makes it freeze when loading the maps?

I'd really appreciate any help, thanks.

Old 15-01-2007, 06:52 AM   #105
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

You should have performed a complete DOS reboot first. Complete.

Right now, it seems Windows has modified your Autoexec.bat or Config.sys (or both). Use a bootdisk to start your machine and have a look at these files - try to locate any references to where Crusader was located and remove these. Remember to back up the files first, that's some sensitive stuff you'll be messing with.

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 20-01-2007, 07:24 AM   #106
Sideshowbob

Hi Girls,

to run the game just extract the whole downloaded data. Then leave win.rar and go into the just created order "Crusader 2 - No Regret". Double-Klick the CSNRGRT.EXE and wait till its finished.

Some people could play the game at this point just by starting the regret.exe. I had not that luck.njava script:emoticon(':wallbash:', 'smid_18')

-----It might be necessary to edit
crusader.cfg to change the cd drive to the drive letter that you have the game.
For example, if you installed the game to D:\REGRET, then change the line that
says "cdletter=c" in the crusader.cfg file to "cdletter=d" without quotes.-----

DO THIS and then start regret.exe. It worked now, but i could be that you will also have to run the install.exe before.

Hope this helps!

Old 05-02-2007, 07:21 PM   #107
Zaru
Abandonia nerd

I'm stuck on level 1 floor 2. I can't find the computer that stores password to the elevator keypad.

Any help would be appreciated.

EDIT: Ok, I found it. The code was on the on-wall computer to the north. Geez, there were no such computers in Remorse.
Zaru is offline                         Send a private message to Zaru
Old 17-03-2007, 02:24 PM   #108
Drew

So, how about them macs...

I'm trying to get this game running on a macbook pro, and double-clicking the CSNRGRT.EXE is proving to be difficult, since we simple folk have no prgram that recognizes the .exe file extension. Ergo, I cannot unzip all the necessary files (apparently). Ergo, I cannot play game.

Has anyone gotten this to run on a mac, or have any insight as to what it would take to do so? Any help at all would be appreciated. Cheers.

-Andrew

Old 17-03-2007, 02:38 PM   #109
Drew

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Drew @ Mar 17 2007, 03:24 PM) [snapback]284000[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
So, how about them macs...

I'm trying to get this game running on a macbook pro, and double-clicking the CSNRGRT.EXE is proving to be difficult, since we simple folk have no prgram that recognizes the .exe file extension. Ergo, I cannot unzip all the necessary files (apparently). Ergo, I cannot play game.

Has anyone gotten this to run on a mac, or have any insight as to what it would take to do so? Any help at all would be appreciated. Cheers.

-Andrew
[/b]
I would like everyone to discard the previous statement in it's entirety, problem solved :brain:

Old 06-04-2007, 08:07 AM   #110
MARCEL
Thumbs down

hey im having trouble getting this game to work ... im not 2 good at computers so i thought i would c if any1 here can help me ... when eva i try start this game in dos box ( which is said 2 be able to run it) i get an error about not being able to run full screen mode or something .............
anyone no wat i can do ???