Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Blah, blah, blah...
Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 18-08-2005, 03:52 PM   #21
efthimios
Home Sweet Abandonia

Quote:
Originally posted by Himmler@Aug 18 2005, 12:21 PM
c'mon..it's not that bad, 't was only one guy and it was his fault...who can be stupid enough to run from the police when they are looking for a bomber?
answer:apparently he was.So this is not scary, this is stupid.
you wanna hear something scary? well..
about a week ago a guy got drunk and wanted to get into his house...apparently he went in the wrong way and ended up at another door.Some neighbours got scared and called the police.The police came and thought he was a robber.they were caught on tape assaulting him brutally.near the police headquarter's ( :P) steps he was dragged face downd on the sidewalk untill his skull was cracked...he ended up in the hospital and now he's dead.
why is this scary?cause i can be in the same situation...good thing i don't get drunk often.
The point of that article was that the guy WAS NOT RUNNING! He was just sitting there!
Just read it once!

efthimios is offline                         Send a private message to efthimios
Old 18-08-2005, 06:25 PM   #22
Fruit Pie Jones
Now 50% Descriptivist!

Quote:
about a week ago a guy got drunk and wanted to get into his house...apparently he went in the wrong way and ended up at another door.Some neighbours got scared and called the police.The police came and thought he was a robber.they were caught on tape assaulting him brutally.near the police headquarter's steps he was dragged face downd on the sidewalk untill his skull was cracked...he ended up in the hospital and now he's dead.
Sounds like the universe might be trying to get even for all of the people killed by drunk drivers.
Old 19-08-2005, 07:18 PM   #23
Argith Nuei
Forum hobbit

Its really sad to hear of things like this. This is one of those effects that come from terrorism. Its always fascinating to hear how the police can get away with things like that. :not_ok:

While here in norway a couple of officers where taken under strong supervision and investigation after having to shoot to disable a shotgun-armed . The guy had broken into a store for hunting and such, came out of the store with a rifle.
The officers had shot him in the leg when he ignored the order to drop the gun, and instead tried to aim at them. :eeeeeh:

We live in troubled times...
Argith Nuei is offline                         Send a private message to Argith Nuei
Old 22-08-2005, 09:28 AM   #24
eolsunder

basically this was a mistake of overzealous cops who were on high edge due to the bombings. They mistook this person for a terrorist (and I havent' seen any proof that he even resembled a terrorist at all ) and instantly killed him because they didn't want him to blow up anything.

Being scared of terrorists doesn't give you, especially the police, to gun down anyone they "Think" is a terrorist. There is a little thing called proof, or circumstance that make you think they are.

From what we have heard in the news and what is said to be on the video tape, NOTHING the police said after the incident was even close to the truth, which means they messed up, they knew they messed up, and had PR people on it trying to spin it to a story that wouldn't make them look like scared shoot-first-ask questions later cops.

But the truth is out. The man didn't do what they said he did, he wasn't wearing what they said he was wearing, and he didn't act like they said he acted. He didn't vault any turnstyles, he wasn't wearing a big baggy jacket that might have exposives under it, and he didn't run from police in anyway. It was just a overzealous cop who blew his brains out for what ever passed for coherent thought in the cops head.

The cop should be brought up on murder charges, the victims family paid off, and the matter pushed under the rug.

Here in america in maryland we had a cop that got into a fight at a gas station with another driver. The other driver got in his car and was driving away (no blows were exchanged, no damage done) yet the cop took out his gun and shot the guy dead. So, the cop was put on leave pending an investigation EVEN AFTER dozens of witness's said the cop had no reason to kill the man and that he did it in anger and not during an arrest. After a few weeks the public grew so outraged at the police handling the event they forced the police under pressure to charge the cop with murder. Took weeks of public pressure for the police to do their jobs and actually charge one of their own. Hey, blue sticks up for blue, even bad blue.

eolsunder is offline                         Send a private message to eolsunder
Old 22-08-2005, 10:03 AM   #25
efthimios
Home Sweet Abandonia

If it was an honest mistake then I am not sure if he should be brought to justice for murder, but the very least he should be fired. He sounds like an idiot for jumping to the conclusion that the guy should be shot 8 times in the head. He is just not fit to serve.
efthimios is offline                         Send a private message to efthimios
Old 22-08-2005, 03:49 PM   #26
Lonely Vazdru
Super Freak

Quote:
Originally posted by efthimios@Aug 22 2005, 09:03 AM
He sounds like an idiot for jumping to the conclusion that the guy should be shot 8 times in the head.
At least he doesn't do things halfway.
Lonely Vazdru is offline                         Send a private message to Lonely Vazdru
Old 22-08-2005, 04:58 PM   #27
strangelove
Abandonia nerd

The guy was sat on a train when the cops walked up and blew his head off. He wasn't wearing a long coat as previously claimed by the cops, nor did he run at any point as shown by CCTV footage. In fact he strolled onto the platform, stopped to get a paper and waited for his train before getting on. His crime? He lived in a block of flats where a suspected bomber lived. As it turns out he and the suspected bomber were both entirely innocent. Nice work guys, I'm just glad I don't work in London anymore. I would say that the cops should be charged with manslaughter rather than murder but as they released highly untrue evidence to make the public think it was an honest mistake I really believe they should get charged with murder or at least attempted bullshit in the first degree and manslaughter.
strangelove is offline                         Send a private message to strangelove
Old 22-08-2005, 06:35 PM   #28
Playbahnosh
The Peacemaker

Send a message via MSN to Playbahnosh

One thing: Don't go to the London underground if you are a Brasilian electrician. You will get killed by cops thinking you are running from them and then they will lie about everything to the media. After the media finds out the truth, they will admit that you was only sitting there in a denim jacket, but your death was necessary to protect the people...

Jeeez! This only twarted me from going to London in my life. I fear the Bobbies will mistake me for a brasilian electrician and shoot me inthe head five times in the underground. I don't want to die like this...

"Don't fight the bad things in life! Find the good one! They are everywhere! Don't spend your life fighting for goals you can never reach! Live for the moment!"

BEWARE: I'm using the forums as a personal blog!
Playbahnosh is offline                         Send a private message to Playbahnosh
Old 23-08-2005, 11:40 AM   #29
xero919

Send a message via MSN to xero919

well all i can say is "welcome to the New World Order." no one needs to be accountable for anything anymore....the authorities-- that is . and if you do try and make a scene, you`ll just dissapear and we will see you on the back of a milk carton.
so much for human rights....welcome to the system, slaves :evil:
xero919 is offline                         Send a private message to xero919
Old 23-08-2005, 11:51 AM   #30
BeefontheBone
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Oh, and we're delaying the investigation for 6 months so you've got plenty of time to forget the whole thing...
BeefontheBone is offline                         Send a private message to BeefontheBone