Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Blah, blah, blah...
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Closed Thread

Old 22-07-2007, 06:50 PM   #61
BugMeNot

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(_r.u.s.s. @ Jul 22 2007, 01:44 PM) [snapback]300793[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
your vista can look like a windows 3,11 if you wish so
[/b]
Do you have a source for that?

Old 22-07-2007, 06:54 PM   #62
_r.u.s.s.
I'm not Russ
but an ex-alektorophobic

never run vista on my own pc before but you could see personalised windows themes even with mac skins over the net
oh and i have a source for self-preservation somewhere inside me and not to go on with your pointless 'chat'
Old 22-07-2007, 06:58 PM   #63
Nossie
Lurker

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(_r.u.s.s. @ Jul 22 2007, 07:54 PM) [snapback]300796[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
never run vista on my own pc before but you could see personalised windows themes even with mac skins over the net
oh and i have a source for self-preservation somewhere inside me and not to go on with your pointless 'chat'
[/b]

this is... by the pics on slashdot...

He IS using Vista and he IS remote desktoping into XP... PG2 IS running on XP....

Question is... why does XP come into it?
Nossie is offline                         Send a private message to Nossie
Old 22-07-2007, 07:05 PM   #64
curtis3389
Lurker

Quote:
Question is... why does XP come into it? [/b]
Perhaps he wanted to have the nice effects on Vista but still be able to, you know, DO STUFF, too!
curtis3389 is offline                         Send a private message to curtis3389
Old 23-07-2007, 09:48 AM   #65
Lulu_Jane
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Firstly,

Quote:
Originally posted by R.u.s.s
@bugmenot: your most active forum is hall of shame where you asked questions like "where to click to download the game" so i dont think your flame post is worth an empty can of beer
And I couldn't stop laughing, but then

Quote:
Originally posted by Havell

I just realised that the images Sixapes posted had his IP address in them. Knowing the crowd at Digg, this can't be a good thing for him.
And I thought I might have an aneurysm from laughing so hard LOL

*sigh*
Old 23-07-2007, 02:00 PM   #66
Dave
Mandolin & Spaghetti Soldier

..me too LOL.

I think all these guys have fear of Palladium...
Old 23-07-2007, 04:20 PM   #67
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

_r.u.s.s. and other mods: Please try and calm down. I know the new members coming in from Digg (and some "older" ones) have posted a lot of hostile comments in this thread, but that doesn't mean you have to get back at them with the same.

BugMeNot: The forum logs IPs of you and every other person who ever used this account. Hiding behind a shared account doesn't mean you are safe from being blocked, so remember that for the future.

Quote:
you would love to watch your warn level for flaming in the oncomming days [/b]
Amen and [ENTER].

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 23-07-2007, 11:16 PM   #68
SixApes
Abandonia nerd

Send a message via Yahoo to SixApes

Digg this;

1) The reason for my original post(On Abandonia) was to gather information on what others have experienced while using PG and the like. I'm not hidding anything that I should fear intrusion, but however, noticed the intrusion all the same. I have not boasted any claim to supirior computer knowledge in my post, so your sharp defenses and belittling remarks are at best - impotent. I don't understand the callus from your lot. Elite drivel.

2) I don't even watch the simpsons.....

3) I've read many post remarking on my paranoia and such. This again, I find vague and ill thought by anyone claiming such a thing. There is a difference between paranoias and observations. Paranoia, I'm just fresh out of.

4) Hell yeah I use bit-torrent. Who doesn't? You can get all your fresh linux distros via torrent these days. How rad is that?

5) Lamentations; this whole thing has been blown grotesquely out of scale. I'm not looking out my windows for black mysterious vehicles and the like. Its moments like these that shine brightly on the ineptitude of mankind to move forward and past slander and angst and talk with a little more grace and patients when dealing with things like this in a public forum. Oh well.

6)
Quote:
Oh, btw, according to nmap the OS type he is using is : "Microsoft Windows 2003/.NET|/2K/XP" No indication of Vista[/b]
mirror response
Vista does not host the network. Vista was installed on one of several computers within the network to experiement with its flexibility and network integrity. Why upgrade the server(XP IMAGE) until it is found to be worth while or of some benefit?

7)
Quote:

a) He claims that the PC running PG2 is running Vista, which it obviously isn't. Not a noob in these things? Horseshit.
b) From the look of the dumps, they are INCOMING packets. As such, how would what OS it is running have any influence on what is sent to it?
c) He's running all kinds of crap on that PC. Do a portscan on removed and see whats open. I wouldn't be surprised at getting some strange connection attempts if I were running p2p apps.
d) Obviously technically inept, so not qualified to comment on these matters, much less make wild accusations about the government spying on him.[/b]
mirror response
a)I am running several OS'es. I need not draw a flowchart to outline the parameters of my network. Seemingly all knowledgeable and capable of unlocking all the great mysteries of the internet, I'm sure you've already mapped out my entire network. After doing so post a graphic to save my time in illustrating the complex chain of machines I'm sitting amidst. Acting as a temporary placeholder for BugMeNot's illustration: The master server runs XP still. It is the machine that all connections are routed through. XP is being hosted as an image, within a linux system(UbuntuBuild) and along the way the virtual system administers the ethernet connection to all of the host within the network. If an unwanted or unretrievable problem should arise, the server image is reset thus restoring the system to a "clean" condition.
b) Aforementioned '1337' drivel. The use of technical terms to awe or sway the audience. Though I will give you credit. OUTGOING packets tested negetive from my friends connection(at his query). It wasn't tested from my own connection at the time, so whether or not any outgoing packets occurred - lost in time. My guess is no.
c) ditto(assumptive drivel) I assume you're running notepad. k: As stated before, a bare minimum of services, and processes where running at the time of the capture. Affluence in literacy comprehension is key here. :w00t:
d) Waiting for the graphic on mirror response 'a' in order to assess the questioners own technical adeptness. (I.E. "Obviously technically inept." Tushay.)

8) That is all - live long! Oh... and get a sense of humor. Digg it?

P.S.
Special thanks to all of you who get the point and have spoken to my relief. It is appreciated.
SixApes is offline                         Send a private message to SixApes
Old 24-07-2007, 03:18 AM   #69
Lulu_Jane
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

You do realize that your response was most relevant to your fellow diggers.

Anyway, I'm over this thread.
Old 24-07-2007, 03:20 AM   #70
SixApes
Abandonia nerd

Send a message via Yahoo to SixApes

im over it too LOL - anyone for a game of capture the flag?
SixApes is offline                         Send a private message to SixApes
Closed Thread