Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 15-07-2005, 11:13 AM   #61
minhtuan
Forum hobbit

Wow, another great game from Abandonia!!! Thanks Durak for the review and your answers. I am also stuck at Level 4 (stop the Wind Man from harvesting the storm power). I just downloaded this game yesterday and really like it.

Only the tutorial is a bit difficult to understand, after that, all fun. I definitely recommended this game! I think this game is very original and exciting real time strategy game, compared with AOE, AOK or Starcraft.

minhtuan is offline                         Send a private message to minhtuan
Old 27-07-2005, 10:30 PM   #62
Durak
Games Master

The new patch should be released VERY shortly, hopefully I will get it updated on Abandonia shortly after.* Lots of big changes. Also I will be redoing all the walkthroughs after the patch because of changes and improvements.

I doubt you'll get many answers as to problems about the game here because not enough people play the game and I don't have time to check the forums, so please direct concerns to www.netstormhq.com as not to plague Abandonia.

*Edit: The new patch, .74, has been released. You can obtain it at www.netstormhq.com or here. It is released with an auto updater that you must run whenever you want to play online to allow continuous development.
Durak is offline                         Send a private message to Durak
Old 10-10-2005, 06:41 PM   #63
Unhappy

Kako te igrce tle gor igramo al pa downalovdamo nj kdo pove prosim

Old 10-10-2005, 07:18 PM   #64
Sebatianos
[BANNED]

Igric se ne da igrati preko neta. Potrebno jih je sneti (downloadati). To narediš tako, da pritisneš rdeč gumb, na katerem piše GET IT (nato pa moraš to še enkrat potrditi, ko se ti pokaže nov zaslon in znova pritisniti na rdeč gumb GET IT). Ko igro shraniš jo ekstrahiraj in igraj.
Žal pa je nekaj iger, ki jih ni mogoše sneti (tedaj bo na gumbu pisalo BUY IT - igro lahko naročiš in kupiš pri njenem zakonitem prodajalcu; ali pa bo pisalo NO GO - tedaj je igra pod zaščito družbe imenovane ESA in je ni mogoče zakonito dobiti).
Upam, da ti je sedaj kaj več jasno, drugače pa mi lahko pošlješ e-mail (Sebatianos@abandonia.com).

Aja, pa ponavadi se na forumu pogovarjamo v angleščini

Quick translation for the rest of you:
This guest asked how to play the games online or download them - so I explained it.

Last edited by arete; 26-10-2009 at 06:36 AM. Reason: smiley
Sebatianos is offline                         Send a private message to Sebatianos
Old 16-10-2005, 12:51 AM   #65
Goodguy

it wont let me join a multiplayer game, nor will it let anyone else join in when im battlemaster...but i SERIOUSLY doubt that this message will be seen because noone posts here

Last edited by arete; 26-10-2009 at 06:37 AM. Reason: smileys... so many O.o

Old 16-10-2005, 12:50 PM   #66
Nikson
Game Wizzard

Ahh, good old Netstorm Finding it again after all these years brought back the sleepless nights of 6 months that it took to beat the game... (well, actually, to get to the last mission. For some reason, when it loaded and I saw what I had to do, i exited the game and didn't open it again). And that memory brought back the previous 2 months in which I had the demo and was desperately trying to beat the 3 levels it had...
*sigh*
Nikson is offline                         Send a private message to Nikson
Old 16-10-2005, 02:25 PM   #67
Bradley
Game freak

I tryed to download it and it's like 300 KB and the review says it's 12 MB. What's up with that ?
Bradley is offline                         Send a private message to Bradley
Old 16-10-2005, 05:02 PM   #68
Durak
Games Master

Okay, let's get you all up to date.

First of all NetStorm is being occationally patched by the team at netstormhq and it is currently on .78.

Secondly the game has been changed since the initial placement on Abandonia (.64) so that you now download the installer which provides an autoupdater file, nsLaunchC.exe, that you run and downloads the full game off of netstormhq.com and mirrors.

The autoupdater was added in .72, as well as many new functions and changes in the game itself, which allows the game to be patched for little changes such as unit balances as well as upcoming larger patches. I will also add this was mainly done so that to access the multiplayer server you must run the autoupdater and it checks what files you have, so that cheaters are completely prevented.

Campaigns and Other - "I can't beat the campaigns, I'm not very good at multiplayer!"

This game has a steep learning curve so don't get frustrated. If you would like help for campaigns look on netstormworld.com and netstormhq.com for guides. As for mutliplayer it just takes practice and surely some people on the multiplayer server will try and help you out. You can also download more campaigns from netstormhq.com and get all the recent information and news about the game.

Quote:
it wont let me join a multiplayer game, nor will it let anyone else join in when im battlemaster...but i SERIOUSLY doubt that this message will be seen because noone posts here
The only reason you shouldn't be able to play a mutliplayer game is if you join a game where the battlemaster can't host (firewall etc.). To be able to host yourself you need to open port 6800 TCP on any firewall you may have. Sometimes you need to disable windows firewall, and sometimes some people can't serve at all depending on your own hardware.

Quote:
I tryed to download it and it's like 300 KB and the review says it's 12 MB. What's up with that ?
At .72 NetStorm recieved an autoupdater that's only 300 KB and it installs the rest of NetStorm when you run it. With a NetStorm full install and patched it is 26 MB .

Note: Game was made for Windows 95 so it does take a little less RAM if that affects any of you.
Old 31-10-2005, 08:05 PM   #69
RickMcCrank

Durak you newb why are you never on NS anymore? LOL Nice pic with me in it

Old 06-11-2005, 06:20 PM   #70
Durak
Games Master

I've been busy =(. If I have the time maybe I could fix up the review and update the screenshots, AND come on NetStorm =D.