Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Gaming Zone
Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 15-10-2006, 09:50 AM   #1
Mighty Midget
Pox Vobiscum

Seeing that we all have met the bugs, and realizing that for some it's causing hatred toward the game while for others it's just an additional laugh, here's the thread to post and maybe discuss the bugs and glitches. If you found a way around them, or a remedy, please post. Maybe you will find a solution here as well, who knows?

But mainly, I thought it would be a nice gallery

Ok, here goes:

Battlecruiser Millennium: The orbit-to-surface assault had just begun, and one of my shuttles carrying me and a tank met too tough resistance, so I decided to deploy the tank before touch-down. The tank, carrying me, started it's long fall down before leveling several houndred metres above ground. Then it went into HYPER SPACE Knowing that the game was never polished, I guess that's one of the hazards of combat you have to live with...

Panzer General 2: I found that as long as you had at least two units in the deployment pool, you could deploy one, move and fire, then un-deploy it back into the pool, re-deploy, move and fire and so on forever. The crucial point were that when the unit was deployed and you clicked "next turn", then the fun ended. But as long as you did it in a single turn, you could use any cappy unit to clear the enemy front line in a single turn. That way I usually ended up with starting the German campaign with at least two level 15 tanks with leaders.

Daggerfall: EVIL BUG. For no apparent reason (all patches installed) the save games would die, the game deleting a crucial file in the save game folder. I never found a remedy except backing up the save games at a regular rate.

Ultima IX: Mostly graphics related, you know: having a barrel for head, skeletons' re-building screw-ups and that sort of things, but there were some serious issues that made the game unplayable after a while: The game would start to lag no matter the hardware, to the point where you would have to exit to desk top and re-start. I read tons of pages, but I never found a way to fix this. Also, the game's crash frequency took to the sky like a missile as the game progressed. If anyone has any idea how to fix this, I would be grateful.
This is a site with some nice screens of UIX glitches: http://www.it-he.org/ultima9.htm

Baldur's Gate: EVIL BUG. After completing Durlag's Tower, the game would crash when I entered Baldur's Gate. No remedy found.
Old 15-10-2006, 11:43 AM   #2
troop18546
Home Sweet Abandonia

A stupid bug, no matter what was in CSS. Map De_Aztec, if you go to the main corridor (below it is the path that would lead to site A, I think) there is a wall to which you could jump and get stuck
I forgot so many as I ventured through so many games.
troop18546 is offline                         Send a private message to troop18546
Old 15-10-2006, 11:58 AM   #3
Morrin
Underground

System Shock 2: When you have completed about 95% of the game, you encounter "the many" that cannot even be killed, and therefore you are stuck. Patch fixes this problem but you have to start all over. Not a very nice bug indeed.

Sin: It has been while (actually very long time) since I played this game, but the subway monster that was supposed to be badass didn't do anything at all. You could kill him without any distrubing his peace. Damn, I wan't to play this game again! What a memories!

Morrin is offline                         Send a private message to Morrin
Old 15-10-2006, 12:07 PM   #4
Mighty Midget
Pox Vobiscum

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(troop18546 @ Oct 15 2006, 01:43 PM) [snapback]261356[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
A stupid bug, no matter what was in CSS. Map De_Aztec, if you go to the main corridor (below it is the path that would lead to site A, I think) there is a wall to which you could jump and get stuck
[/b]
The "stuck behind the scene" bug is, as far as I've experienced, quite common in 3d games. In Daggerfall you would occationally fall into the Void, in others you would get stuck in or behind the walls. In Ultima IX, in the training map, you can climb over the mountains and get stuck outside the game... I can't remember any 3d games except flight sims, where that never happen.
Old 15-10-2006, 08:42 PM   #5
troop18546
Home Sweet Abandonia

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mighty Midget @ Oct 15 2006, 03:07 PM) [snapback]261364[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(troop18546 @ Oct 15 2006, 01:43 PM) [snapback]261356[/snapback]
Quote:
[/b]
The "stuck behind the scene" bug is, as far as I've experienced, quite common in 3d games. In Daggerfall you would occationally fall into the Void, in others you would get stuck in or behind the walls. In Ultima IX, in the training map, you can climb over the mountains and get stuck outside the game... I can't remember any 3d games except flight sims, where that never happen.
[/b][/quote]

But you gotta admit, that THAT is REALLY stupid.
troop18546 is offline                         Send a private message to troop18546
Old 16-10-2006, 12:53 AM   #6
Blood-Pigggy
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Morrin @ Oct 15 2006, 07:58 AM) [snapback]261363[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
System Shock 2: When you have completed about 95% of the game, you encounter "the many" that cannot even be killed, and therefore you are stuck. Patch fixes this problem but you have to start all over. Not a very nice bug indeed.

Sin: It has been while (actually very long time) since I played this game, but the subway monster that was supposed to be badass didn't do anything at all. You could kill him without any distrubing his peace. Damn, I wan't to play this game again! What a memories!
[/b]
If you don't have it anymore, buying SiN: Emergence has the original for free along with the purchase.

The best bug ever is the eternal ragdoll in Half-Life 2 Deathmatch. The funny thing is, if you came into a game, just to annoy people, and the admin mutes you, the fun isn't over yet! If you manage to do the ragdoll copy effect (where a lag spike causes a random copy of your dude to appear for no reason, just next to you as a ragdoll, can easily be done by pulling your wireless jack and putting it back in quickly) you can cause ragdolls to stay FOREVER in a server level by suiciding the instant the effect occurs (just press the suicide button as soon as the lag spike starts) that means that everytime someone dies, their ragdoll will NOT go away, meaning massive lag and a huge amount of bodies! Whoopie!

My Site -
http://sites.google.com/site/eyenixon
Blood-Pigggy is offline                         Send a private message to Blood-Pigggy
Old 16-10-2006, 05:57 AM   #7
gregor
Home Sweet Abandonia

One of the cities in Elite 3 is actually lower than ground. so when you want to land your craft you smash it on the ground.

not really a bug but...: in elite 3 when you try and land a huge ship in a small space base, sometimes your autopilot is too stupid and can not rotate the ship properly causing it to get stuck, using up all the shield and exploding in the end. base doens't seem to care. they just close the cargo doors.
Lifts-Her-Tail: But it is huge! It could take me all night!
Crantius Colto: Plenty of time, my sweet. Plenty of time.
From The Lusty Argonian Maid by Crassius Curio found in TES3: Morrowind
gregor is offline                         Send a private message to gregor
Old 16-10-2006, 11:17 AM   #8
troop18546
Home Sweet Abandonia

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Blood-Pigggy @ Oct 16 2006, 03:53 AM) [snapback]261459[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Morrin @ Oct 15 2006, 07:58 AM) [snapback]261363[/snapback]
Quote:

[/b]
If you don't have it anymore, buying SiN: Emergence has the original for free along with the purchase.

The best bug ever is the eternal ragdoll in Half-Life 2 Deathmatch. The funny thing is, if you came into a game, just to annoy people, and the admin mutes you, the fun isn't over yet! If you manage to do the ragdoll copy effect (where a lag spike causes a random copy of your dude to appear for no reason, just next to you as a ragdoll, can easily be done by pulling your wireless jack and putting it back in quickly) you can cause ragdolls to stay FOREVER in a server level by suiciding the instant the effect occurs (just press the suicide button as soon as the lag spike starts) that means that everytime someone dies, their ragdoll will NOT go away, meaning massive lag and a huge amount of bodies! Whoopie!
[/b][/quote]

#1 AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Old 16-10-2006, 12:20 PM   #9
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

There are a few in Bloodrayne 1 that I managed to catalogue, three of which are somewhat interesting.

First, "Spider Queen decapitation", which actually is more of a consequence of boss design then actual glitch. See, when fighting the first boss you have to cut off its legs... but, as the boss can be mutilated, you can try shooting it up with shotgun - sometimes you can take its head off that way.
Neat glitch, really. Makes the fight much shorter...

Second, the "teachers and traitors 30 second glitch". It requires some fancy reflexes to execute, but if done correct - you pass the level in about 30 seconds and skip one of the more annoying boss fights.
Well, it's fun.

Last glitch is pure EVIL. When fighting the final boss, it is possible to push him through a glitched wall and thus be unable to finish the game (been there, done that).

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 16-10-2006, 12:32 PM   #10
Morrin
Underground

Stuck in wall bug is nothing compared to "sudden punishment in hell" -bug (gta vice city and san andreas) where you walk happily at the street and all the sudden the earth engulfs you and you fall into eternal fall of abyss.

Another funny bug was with legendary driving game Driver. Especially in pursuit mode (lot's of cops) when you drive your car in specific angle to corner or wall and another car hits you, your car might take a sudden jump to sky, lasting sometimes over 20 secons, leaving black trail at the sky. This was hilarious way to try to reach areas like building roofs and other inaccessable areas.
Morrin is offline                         Send a private message to Morrin