Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 15-10-2005, 12:52 PM   #51
vtms

PLEASE HELP ME! when i run the game in dosbox then it is very very slow....changeing the game speed in the game does not work....what should i do????

Old 15-10-2005, 12:59 PM   #52
A. J. Raffles
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Fiddle with the cycles in DOSBox, perhaps?
A. J. Raffles is offline                         Send a private message to A. J. Raffles
Old 15-10-2005, 06:18 PM   #53
inotoni
Forum hobbit

Send a message via ICQ to inotoni Send a message via AIM to inotoni Send a message via MSN to inotoni Send a message via Yahoo to inotoni

PQ4 as a full photo-realistic game looked a bit wasted by today's standard. It's just shame all those resources didn't make into SVGA. I owned the CD n back then the VGA was quite satisfying. It is by far the most detailed detective game I ever played. Unfortunately the speech didn't come with texts making it hard for non-English speaker to comprehend. Overall it's a challenging game for serious fan.

Just an idea, with recent CSI popularity the game might be more profitable today. Back at the time, I'm not too crazy about the coroner's analysis for example.
Old 08-04-2006, 01:45 PM   #54

I Need Help I Don't Know The Password and The user Name in The Computer There

Old 03-05-2006, 01:52 AM   #55
Doc Adrian
Game Wizzard

612 and Gunner...Badge number and the name of photo
Doc Adrian is offline                         Send a private message to Doc Adrian
Old 25-06-2006, 11:19 AM   #56
RedHeadSebbe
Super Freak

Send a message via Skype™ to RedHeadSebbe

I´m gonna complain about the review..This game is not in Lytton at all :P This is plainly LAPD, as all the SWAT games they are in Los Angeles

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(dodginess @ Jul 14 2005, 01:23 AM) [snapback]131055[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
Whether this helps anyone or not, you really need to run PQ4 in Windows mode to get the best out of it if you're installing it from the PQ Collection disks. The installer/setup procedure is particularly flaky anyway and I suspect that the games featured in the collection have been updated to make them more compatible with Windows 95 (and consequently less so with DOS). Anyone that's installed the collection version of PQ1 will know that the Alt-D cheat was removed, for example.

Another minus point from the collection (which I bought around 1998 I think) was that the manual didn't have all the codes you needed to play PQ1VGA and PQ2 properly - the locker code is missing for PQ1VGA and the names needed to complete the copy protection in PQ2 are missing - helpful! Anyone needing these details can probably find them in any of the normal walkthroughs, etc.

In case I've missed the point (not the first time) why is anyone running this in DOSBox anyway?
[/b]
In my collection manual you got both of the things....Or..The code is disguised as a newsarticle....The results of the football match = The locker code
And I know I`m a year late
RedHeadSebbe is offline                         Send a private message to RedHeadSebbe
Old 18-10-2006, 04:35 PM   #57
Judy Adams

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(rallier @ Aug 14 2004, 10:18 AM) [snapback]8728[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
Very good game overall.....and it's fairly easy just follow the info you have.... I hated the end though.......it's not a logical end.....not at all!!!!
what we have there is a retarded crossdresser. The clues i obtained were talking about a beautiful and sensational lady in red......even if that info comes from a 5 y.o. kid. My own prime suspect was yo moneys girlfriend, but i wanted to take a cigarette behind from the ashtray for analisys and wouldn't let me....Furthermore the way you find the murderer is by stupid means of luck........hey come on........do u expect me to believe that all the work done has to rely on a dog that drags you on a rope? (that's so silly!!!!!).......maybe sierra was very hasty in releasing the game......because i am sure they could think of something better than that......extremely disappointing....only the shoe directed me to a thought of the killer not being a woman.
But if you remember at the beginning it said: ur killer has transportation
I can't see how a retard could obtain a driving license and learn driving on his own. Furthermore.......what was his assosiation with the rest of the victims? something is a miss!!!!!!!!!
[/b]
You are ABSOLUTELY correct in your assesment of the game. It was SO GOOD up until the end where it just fell apart. Nothing made sense. Who was the GORGEOUS HONKIN WOMAN IN RED? The cross-dressing cop? Certainly not the chubby retarded guy. How did the retarded guy pick his victims? I get, maybe, the cops - but why the young boy? Why the two Asian people? Who did the head belong to? What was the motivation for the killings. God - they should have had a 15-minute cutscene at the end to explain it all. I FELT SO LET DOWN. If anyone has some reasonable explanation of this game ending, please email me at !!!VREEEM!!.

Thanks.

Edit: e-mail removed.

Old 18-10-2006, 04:51 PM   #58
Krustacean
Forum hobbit

Wow this is the only one I didn't finish and that is really dissapointing to read for a PQ ending.
Krustacean is offline                         Send a private message to Krustacean
Old 18-02-2007, 02:55 AM   #59
BITEMYASS

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Sebatianos @ Oct 3 2005, 05:32 PM) [snapback]164597[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
If you want it - buy it at e-bay. Anything else is illegal and people areound here WON'T help you with it!
[/b]
You seem like a self righteous little prick doncha? I myself have a hard time finding these types of games in stores because no one carrys them. The only way to find games like that is to pirate them. so go *meep* your hat you little muck!

Old 18-02-2007, 07:12 PM   #60
A. J. Raffles
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(BITEMYASS @ Feb 18 2007, 03:55 AM) [snapback]279801[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
You seem like a self righteous little prick doncha? I myself have a hard time finding these types of games in stores because no one carrys them. The only way to find games like that is to pirate them. so go *meep* your hat you little muck!
[/b]
1. No need to be rude, especially if the post you're quoting is one and a half years old.
2. As a matter of fact, the game is extremely easy to find without having to resort to pirating. Here you go: link
A. J. Raffles is offline                         Send a private message to A. J. Raffles