Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Blah, blah, blah...
Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 17-03-2010, 02:32 PM   #1
ysorian
Uneducated Member

Default Prob a good way to ostracise everyone :)

Ur all probably gonna think im insane after this post, and who knows i probably am. But....

There are two things i experience, ive met others that do also, that i cannot explain. They are:

1)At times when i'm trying to get to sleep i have a tinitus (ringing in the ears) attack... the ringing gets louder and louder until i can't hear anything else, to the point where when i was young i couldnt hear myself screaming out to my parents for help... this would always predicate a "Night Terror". A nightmare so terrifying that i would wake, drenched in sweat and fearful of ever sleeping again.

2)"The Dots" What do you see when you close your eyes? I see an infinite number of multicoloured pinpricks of light, that shift and change, form patterns, images... if i focus i can see them with my eyes open as well, but they are most prevelant when my eyes are closed.

I guess im inviting ridicule by putting this out there, but the great thing about the net is the abundance of adherants, therefore increasing the chance of finding others that may experience something similar.

Thanks
ysorian is offline                         Send a private message to ysorian
Old 17-03-2010, 02:57 PM   #2
Scatty
Treasure hunter

1) Did you see an otologist (ear doctor) about a possible approach of signs of deafness?
2) Did you consult an ophthalmologist (eye doctor) about possibly having a grey or green star (eye illness)?

That's the kind of answers you're asking for here I guess, not exactly the right forum for such.
Seriously though, you've got some paranormal symptoms around you there. Any chance you could describe the contents of the nightmare(s)?
Scatty is offline                         Send a private message to Scatty
Old 17-03-2010, 03:20 PM   #3
ysorian
Uneducated Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scatty View Post
1) Did you see an otologist (ear doctor) about a possible approach of signs of deafness?
2) Did you consult an ophthalmologist (eye doctor) about possibly having a grey or green star (eye illness)?
I've seen both ear doctors and eye doctors, they cant find anything out of the ordinary. The eye doctors attribute it to blood vessels in the eyelid. but my hearing is A grade and i have 20/20 vision.

I cant describe the terrors, because i have a warning i try to twist it to lucid dreaming.. if i feel im losing control i just get up and walk away from it. i havent allowed a terror to take me in at least 5 years

Last edited by arete; 19-03-2010 at 01:33 PM. Reason: its is prob only 5 years, but ive been avoiding and blocking this stuff out for almost 25 years
Old 17-03-2010, 03:46 PM   #4
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

Have you considered that the problem might be neurological in nature?

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 17-03-2010, 04:16 PM   #5
Scatty
Treasure hunter

Also: was / is there any occurence of you doing / being able to do something which could be described as out-of-body travels in some kind of spiritual plane? I had a friend once who can do those and suffers from dark nightmares since she opened a personal door in the spiritual plane she shouldn't have, almost every night for many years now. Those consisting of her being pursued by a black figure without visible characteristics to put an appearance to him.
Scatty is offline                         Send a private message to Scatty
Old 17-03-2010, 09:22 PM   #6
Fubb
GreatCanadianMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ysorian View Post
Ur all probably gonna think im insane after this post, and who knows i probably am. But....

There are two things i experience, ive met others that do also, that i cannot explain. They are:

1)At times when i'm trying to get to sleep i have a tinitus (ringing in the ears) attack... the ringing gets louder and louder until i can't hear anything else, to the point where when i was young i couldnt hear myself screaming out to my parents for help... this would always predicate a "Night Terror". A nightmare so terrifying that i would wake, drenched in sweat and fearful of ever sleeping again.

2)"The Dots" What do you see when you close your eyes? I see an infinite number of multicoloured pinpricks of light, that shift and change, form patterns, images... if i focus i can see them with my eyes open as well, but they are most prevelant when my eyes are closed.

I guess im inviting ridicule by putting this out there, but the great thing about the net is the abundance of adherants, therefore increasing the chance of finding others that may experience something similar.

Thanks
I find with the dots, if i look at them (thus moving my eyes) they stay, where as if i ignore them and dont move my eyes they go away.

The loud noise though...for me its only ever a very quite ringing that goes away after a few seconds, never getting so loud I can't here it....you should ask your doctor/shrink about that

DUN duuuunnnn dudududududun SPLOOSH duuunnnnn

We ate the horse.
Fubb is offline                         Send a private message to Fubb
Old 19-03-2010, 12:56 PM   #7
ysorian
Uneducated Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scatty View Post
Also: was / is there any occurence of you doing / being able to do something which could be described as out-of-body travels in some kind of spiritual plane? I had a friend once who can do those and suffers from dark nightmares since she opened a personal door in the spiritual plane she shouldn't have, almost every night for many years now. Those consisting of her being pursued by a black figure without visible characteristics to put an appearance to him.
In a drug enduced state i went astral travelling in a way. The Dots all coalesced into a wheel of fortune type wheel, with infinite wedges. I chose wedges at random and i was transported into possible past, present and futures of my life. In a non drug induced state i cast a spell of awakening involving a mirror that had some startling results, possibly showing me two past lives, and literally scarring me for life when the mirror fell off the wall and sliced thru my palm, irrevocably changing my mind and life lines. (if u believe in that stuff)

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fifth Horseman View Post
Have you considered that the problem might be neurological in nature?
I constantly consider the possibility that im simply insane
Old 19-03-2010, 01:00 PM   #8
ysorian
Uneducated Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fubb View Post
I find with the dots, if i look at them (thus moving my eyes) they stay, where as if i ignore them and dont move my eyes they go away.

The loud noise though...for me its only ever a very quite ringing that goes away after a few seconds, never getting so loud I can't here it....you should ask your doctor/shrink about that

i havent done the shrink angle but i have asked many doctors, most treat me like im insane.

I find with the dots if i focus centrally, the dots converge to create an image or shape. I meditate on something that is on my mind, focus, then try and interpret whatever image the dots show me.
Old 19-03-2010, 01:03 PM   #9
_r.u.s.s.
I'm not Russ
but an ex-alektorophobic

people get the ear ringing, but usually not to the point when they can't hear anything

also, everyone sees dots when they close their eyes. and when you push it you get interesting patterns
Old 19-03-2010, 01:13 PM   #10
ysorian
Uneducated Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by _r.u.s.s. View Post
people get the ear ringing, but usually not to the point when they can't hear anything

also, everyone sees dots when they close their eyes. and when you push it you get interesting patterns

i know, tinitus is nothing new, but the intensity and what it heralds is what im concerned about. and you might be surprised about the dot thing, ive had this all my life and talked to a lot of people about it and definately not everyone see them. i have only found two people that experience them the way i do. some see patterns, but only two others get images. eg landscapes, buildings, people......