Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 16-10-2009, 10:43 PM   #31
c0lB0h
Question

Ummm... I downloaded the game and I'm running it through DOSBox but there's no sound or F1 help file. Am I missing something?

Old 17-10-2009, 12:33 PM   #32
Luchsen
Lurking Forever

Tried Configure Sound/Music in the Control Panel (ESC in-game)?
Old 29-01-2010, 03:32 AM   #33
seconteen1001

Send a message via Skype™ to seconteen1001

I love the 4-6!! I dont like how the BAT code doesn't work in 6 though.. (yes i use it... lol)
seconteen1001 is offline                         Send a private message to seconteen1001
Old 29-09-2010, 01:38 PM   #34
zirkoni
Game Wizzzzzzard

I have finished all 7 Keen games on the hardest difficulty (AFAIK, the first 3 games only have one difficulty setting). There are some tricky parts but after a few (or many ) attempts I managed to beat every level. And without any cheats of course, only saved the game quite often because I didn't want to start every level from the beginning every time I died.

The Well of Wishes in Keen 4 is perhaps the most difficult level from all of the games. Maybe it's just because it's so different than any other level. If you play this level on the hardest difficulty remember that Keen moves a lot faster when he swims to left or right.

You can't normally jump as high as on the lower difficulty settings with the pogo stick. But if you take out the pogo stick and press jump immediately Keen jumps a bit higher than normally (only if timed correctly). This helps a lot when you need to jump a few pixels higher. This trick works in Keen 4, 5 and 6.

For some reason I think Keen 5 is the best in the series. 4 and 6 are equally good as are the first three. Keen Dreams can't be really compared because it's so different than the others but it's a good game too. All 7 games highly recommended if you happen to like platformers.
Old 28-04-2014, 01:21 PM   #35
zirkoni
Game Wizzzzzzard

http://iscommanderkeensourcecodereleasedyet.com/

Anyway, there's a huge amount of mods for the Commader Keen games even though the source code hasn't been released:
http://www.shikadi.net/keenwiki/Category:Mods
Old 17-12-2014, 05:19 PM   #36
MSDOS4Ever

The **** is this? 3.5? Are you freaking stupid? This game is a 11/10!
Whole Commander Keen series is. I still play the games on my i5 4670K
MSDOS4Ever is offline                         Send a private message to MSDOS4Ever
Old 23-07-2017, 02:14 AM   #37
Mystvan
Vice-Chair-man Poke-man

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSDOS4Ever View Post
The **** is this? 3.5? Are you freaking stupid? This game is a 11/10!
Whole Commander Keen series is. I still play the games on my i5 4670K
Well, I think 3.5 / 5 means 7/10.

I realize that the new generation, without pretending to antagonize them, but only emphasizing differences of tastes and opinions, prefers more powerful games with more powerful graphics.

So much so that Platform and Adventure games are being rarer except in the Indie games section. Unfortunately. You hardly see games of Adventure, Platform in the main game developers.

I also realize that in the movies. Many movies are spectacular in the scenarios, special effects, but have many holes, with weak scripts and passing the limits. Lots of action with little or mediocre content.

Well that is just my humble opinion, but just compare the old movies, games and comics with the current ones. The difference is abysmal. If you notice, the games Demon Souls, Dark Souls, Diablo, Torchlight, etc. have slightly weak stories compared to Dragon Age, Mass Effect, Drakensang, The Witcher, etc. Just my humble opinion.
Old 23-07-2017, 02:26 AM   #38
Mystvan
Vice-Chair-man Poke-man

Smile

I’ve never played this game, but I’ve had the immense pleasure of playing some previous games.

I loved the game Gods and Challenge of the Ancient Empires, but Commander Keen was also a spectacular game. The game did not have such impressive graphics or the colors more colorful and vivid than the two previously mentioned, but I liked the different and creative environments of the game (forest, cave, ocean, etc.).

One thing I realized years ago playing this game is that when you collect ammunition (or was it another object? I do not remember), even though the nominal ammunition limit was 100, the ammunition accumulated as you collected them. In short, the more you collect ammo, the more you can kill or stun your enemies. Even if you keep firing, the ammo will remain 100 until you spend all the extra ammunition.

And unfortunately GOG.com has not yet released the Commander Keen series in the online store.