Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Community News & Feedback > Old Suggestions
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 16-03-2005, 01:41 PM   #1
marko river
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Well, there are probably many of you who wanted to review some games that are not on the site but then you saw someone alse did that.

I want to say that list of games that need a review is not so efficient. I doub that Kosta can update the list of " Games That Need Reviews & Screenshots" all the time. And we don't even know what archives we have (1st "we" is for members and second for abandonia). We all know that you admins already have many archives and many more can be uploaded by the members, but still we don't know which are those.

And more often members just decide to upload some game that they played a lot which is not on the list (i know i did). Besides, how many uploads in last few months were made according to the list?

So, either Kosta and Tom (and someone else) will create a huge list that will be updated every day, which i doub that is possibile, or we have to think something better.

Like new section for future reviews. I don't know how this should look exactly but i think this is much better.
I don't think that this can be done in existing sections. "Immportant announcments!" and "Site suggestions" are not the place for it, and i think that requests should be left only for requests.
Well maybe "Immportant announcments!" can do the job but it will be too much mess.

So, this new section needs one important topic (closed one) with ENTIRE LIST OF GAMES ARCHIVES THAT WE HAVE! And we need several admins to come more frequently and update it all the time. If this list is too much to handle, then there will be more mess.

What we will speak in new section? Well, that's why i insist on new section. Topics would be much alike. Something like "i want to review this game/s" so people can see what games are currently being reviewed even if the list is not updated yet, which i doub it won't be since now there will be more attention given to it. Also, if someone wants to review game, we will be able to send him to this section in the forum where he can see a constant discussion about h game and which game needs a review. It is much better then sending him to that list in "Immportant announcments!" and telling him to PM Kosta. I think many people turned their back then and that it would be much better to say something in this new section where many of us will tell him what he can do.
In this section all of you guy with tons of old games on CDs (like me) will be able to upload your list, and hard-working abandonians will separate abw games that abandonia don't have and ask them to upload.
This was once done by 5th horseman (for example) in request section. I think that people in request should ask about certain game. We shouldn't mix sections but have more sections. This will make the forum more descriptive, it will be easier to find what you want and will be less messy.

It seems that in this new section we will have many people who want to upload their games, and many games will repeat. Also, people will ask for archive in order to review. So, i think that Kosta and Tom had too much trouble with this stuff. We are growing, and so must our infrastructure. I'm thinking that there should be an entire team that will work on this. Not just couple of admins. If Kosta doesn't trust us, well, this team doesn't need privileges, they would just work on names of games that will be supplied by the members and on keeping this BIG list fresh with games names and member names that applied for review. This list can be in both "important announcements" and this new section.

Like this, people won't work on the same game at the same time. They don't have to go through other sections in order to ask how to upload, to apply for upload, to ask do we need some games and, after all, to see how we work so he can know what's going on. Our site has news, which makes us look alive. So this will be good too.

In other sections, people can talk about site itself, request games that they want to see, talk about old games, and in "important announcements" we call them to contribute and talk abut prizes and translations.
But we need separated sectuion for contributing which allow us to keep every future contribution in order. People will se that they are part of the team as soon as they show good will. They can come and say "Hey I used to play some old game and can review it". He sees that we respond (reply) immediately, if it is not being reviewed we can send him archive (if he doesn't have it) or turn him down. In any case we will give him impression that we are hard working and that every good intention is highly respected.

After all, we should have this section separated because uploading and reviewing IS the most important thing on this site, right?
marko river is offline                         Send a private message to marko river
Old 16-03-2005, 01:43 PM   #2
marko river
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

For example:

I apply to review:
1. The Amazing Spiderman
2. Ninja
(i have the archives for both games)

and will finish them in week or two.

So now everyone knows that this games are being work on.
marko river is offline                         Send a private message to marko river