Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 27-06-2005, 06:46 PM   #171
Guest_Fox

Hey folks,

I'm from the Rebel Squadrons, like Gavin a few months ago, and I just wanted to let y'all know that we're still making new missions for X-Wing every month, and if you want these missions sent right to your doorstep, come sign up! There are several dozen other X-Wing players who love to share strategy on our new missions and see who can get the highest score.

If you can't find a copy of X-Wing, join the RS and let us know.. you will soon find that you have one. That goes for the copy protection too - we want to make sure people can fly this great game.

http://www.rebelsquadrons.org/

Later,
Fox

Old 29-06-2005, 10:36 PM   #172
Lt.Artrulux
Thumbs up

:Titan: hey guys, i love x-wing i remember i always wanted 2 play it, cuz i had only tie fighter. but now i wanna now where i can get tie??

Old 30-06-2005, 06:40 AM   #173
A. J. Raffles
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Quote:
Originally posted by Lt.Artrulux@Jun 29 2005, 10:36 PM
:Titan: hey guys, i love x-wing i remember i always wanted 2 play it, cuz i had only tie fighter. but now i wanna now where i can get tie??
I'd try searching places like ebay or Amazon. It might even still be sold in some places. (Timpsi has compiled a nice list of online stores which you might check)
Good luck finding it.
A. J. Raffles is offline                         Send a private message to A. J. Raffles
Old 02-07-2005, 01:17 AM   #174
Basar
Thumbs up

hey can u eject from the ship when the eject button flashes??? cuz i dont know how to plz someone could help me? :angel:

Old 02-07-2005, 02:09 AM   #175
Microprose Veteran
Abandonia nerd

Yes, you can eject.

It's alt-e or ctrl-e I think. Or perhaps shift-e. Or any combination of those with e.
Microprose Veteran is offline                         Send a private message to Microprose Veteran
Old 04-07-2005, 02:10 PM   #176
Bobbin Threadbare
Not quite dead.

This game is exellent. TIE Fighter is better because it adds a whole new perspective on watching the SW saga. TIE is also better because there's more space display than the cockpit of the ship. Still, this is an exellent game and if you have a joystick waiting to be used I'd definately reccomend it.

Here's a bit o' trivia. Did you know that some SW games were built with the almighty SCUMM? Super Star Wars was one. BTW for people who didn't know.

SCuMM (Script Creation Utility for Maniac Mansion) is a scripting language built by the famous Ron Gilbert to make Maniac Mansion it got published by LucasArts (formerly known as LucasFilm games) and later games were built. They're all great. I seem to have gone OT.
Old 24-07-2005, 08:10 PM   #177
Kyle

Well, you see... I did have this game on Floppies but I lost them. I can't purchase a new game because I'm broke. I remember playing it as a kid. I loved it, I see the screens and am like "Oh yeah!! I remember that! You can do this and this and this here!" I think you get my point. Anyways, I am looking for a place to download this... I really want to revisit my happy childhood memories of this game. I even have the manual. If someone would be so kind as to email me a link to a website to download this my email is. *** email deleted. sorry, but this game's not for free download - strobe

Thank you, if you did try to help me in advance.

Old 07-09-2005, 07:34 PM   #178
Todd

I just discovered this site, and I'm loving the hell out of it!!!

I do have an X-Wing/TIE fighter CD rom Edition question though.

I've been trying to get them to run on Windows XP. while using 3d acceleration. after install when I try to run the game a message comes up trying to install DirectX 5.2. it doesn't install anything since it detects I'm up to date with DX9. I was able to by pass this screen by running in W95 compatability mode, but when I try to enter a mission using acceleration, it kicks me back to Windows...

Is there any fix for this, or am I stuck using Software graphics?

Thanks all!

Old 07-09-2005, 09:21 PM   #179
laiocfar
NOD Commander

anybody knows if you can recue a captured pilot. I lsaw a mission in the ToD 3. :help:
Old 08-09-2005, 01:47 PM   #180
piroklasztit
Forum hobbit

My memories are fading, but I think there' a button in the game (somwhere at the Coruscant help desk, with the golden protocoll droid) that you can use, to regain control over the P.O.W. pilot, (note: you cannot resurrect a dead pilot). If I'm correct, by doing this, you lose all your points (but not the medals). Maybe it's only in the CD-version or in TIE fighter or nowhere, just in my mad mind :whistle:. The best solution however is a piloteditor (there were plenty of them all over the Internet, when X-wing was a fresh game, but still you can find some of them). With an editor, you can set all of your pilot's parameters (score, completed missions, status: active/captured/dead ...etc.). It's a kind of cheating, so if you want to finish the game while staying "clean", you should use a backup of your pilot (back up after every mission, because you never know, when comes a laser bolt to kill your little pilot )
piroklasztit is offline                         Send a private message to piroklasztit