Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Forgotten Games Bureau
Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 04-10-2016, 02:18 PM   #1
caliban 83

Default naval game

Hi.
Thanks in advance and sorry for mu bad english.

Just read how to ask for a PC game, but i don't remember those things.
I remember playing in the 90's first of 2000's.

It was about you were the captain of the ship. you control a sailboat in a map and you have to explore, sink other ships and upgrade your boat. You start in england and thy give you missions, but you can also explore on your own. In the ship you controle the men (how many in the sails, in the cannons, guards..) the ship itself, shooting, etc.

I remember an especific detail that might be important, ehen you were near the coast, small boats approach an attack the ship.

Maybe is a vague description sorry and many thanks.
caliban 83 is offline                         Send a private message to caliban 83
Old 04-10-2016, 09:17 PM   #2
Smiling Spectre
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Send a message via ICQ to Smiling Spectre Send a message via AIM to Smiling Spectre Send a message via MSN to Smiling Spectre

It's not Pirates!, right?
Old 05-10-2016, 07:35 AM   #3
caliban 83

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smiling Spectre View Post
It's not Pirates!, right?
Thanks but no. one thing I remember too, was that the game had a bar in the bottom to choose how meny men you put in the sails, the guards, in the cannons, rations of food an rum.
You allways play frm above the ship.

looking in internet, i found someone looknig for the sam I think:

This game has been impossible for me to find....

It's an old pc sailing game. The view was 2d and you started with a small ship sailing for some navy out of Europe. Over time you would unlock bigger ships with more crew and more guns. Mid way through the game you found all this gold and had the option to become a pirate where if you answered yes, you would get mutinied on and have to start over with a basic ship. some parts of the world you sailed to, natives would come out on little canoe boats and if they ran into your ship some of your men would die. You could fire different types of shot (disable sails, kill crew, or cause damage). They had some basic weather system when on your mini map you would be warned of "gale force wind" and such. The game is not sid meier's Pirates.

Please help me!!! This is driving me crazy that there is no info on this game... had it on pc in the early 2000's. Used to play it all the time. Thanks in advance for the help

Last edited by caliban 83; 05-10-2016 at 12:02 PM.
caliban 83 is offline                         Send a private message to caliban 83
Old 05-10-2016, 12:07 PM   #4
caliban 83

Ok, Found it but many thanks for your help!!
http://www.old-games.com/download/8664/tides-of-war
Old 06-10-2016, 11:25 AM   #5
marko river
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by caliban 83 View Post
Ok, Found it but many thanks for your help!!
http://www.old-games.com/download/8664/tides-of-war
Would you care to make some screenshots on your own (title screen included)? Maybe even write a short review?
marko river is offline                         Send a private message to marko river