Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Gaming Zone
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 10-10-2018, 09:57 AM   #381
twillight
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Default Pokemon Red -Saffron City badge?

Ye. Seems I missed a WHOLE CITY because of Vague Nintendo Clues, and Background Item Turned Functional. Friggin geniouses.

Also got doubly sure, the "fandom" of pokemon are lazy as fuck. Just like Nintendo. As the games are clones of each other, seems none of the players bother to mention the differences between the versions, so it took me literaly half an hour to figure out in the original red version you Granny Tea DOES NOT EXIST, instead you have to climb the same town's (town west of Saffron City) multifloor store, so on the top you can get drink instead to give it to the guard.
The same place you get the drink also has some NPC who for another drink gives you Ice Beam, which I heared is useful.

the neglect shows again with the Silph Co building. It'snot a hard thing, as you easily canget to the main stairs. Still, not listing all the teleporters, whil listing everything else,shows a very deformed mentality.

For this I made my "HM slave", because no mon of me could learn Fly. Gave it to pidgey. That looks a good 3 stage pokemon, but does nothing special, so that's why I don't have it premanent

I also missed the Power Plant, will have to backtrack for it.
UPDATE: did it. The place isn't the problem, althugh I suggest if you find an orb-mon, just run away to not face self-destruct. The real nuisance is the lenegdarymon, which said (unlike for articuno): "you missed with the pokeball". Da fok.
Seems it has ultra low chance to work on zapdos, so fok you. Well, there's a way to improve your chances: make the bugger sleep. Hope you grown a mon high enough to be able, and has enough lvl to make it to an attack...
This is realy just Frustrating Game Design.

----------

So, did all the things outside Victory Road/The Indigo League.
Instead of frtiggin presenting the event, the games throws youa dungeon-puzzle. Fok this crap.
Btw, Assfart's mons grew close to lvl 50. Most of the suxxor, but for me the gyarados, and above else the alakazam presented a problem. Against gyarados I could send in my gloom, made it sleep, then club it to death, but Alakazam is bad. There's no resistance against it is one thing. My psy-mon is underdeveloped, that's another. But this "Ican regenerate full health" thing is bullshit, and they even thrown ointo it that enemy trainers for a while started to use items. Yes, even friggin Heall All Damage potions too. So at this point the game loose all meaning. Just load on those potions yourself.

PS: If you ever need More Money, get yourself a Meowth, make it learn Payday, and punch in random battles.

PPS: Worry that your Meowth is low level? Stash it in the Daycare. Why there is only 1 Daycare in the entire friggin game, beats me. Once it is in there just bike around fora couple of minutes, and you'll have your mon lvl 100 in no time. Who needs battling, eh? This makes the whole GAME pointless.

PPPS: never, ever make your team learn ANY Hm-move. Why? Because you can't rmeove them.

Last edited by twillight; 10-10-2018 at 05:38 PM.
twillight is offline                         Send a private message to twillight
Old 10-10-2018, 10:20 PM   #382
Mystvan
Vice-Chair-man Poke-man

Smile

In my humble opinion, the entire Pokémon Universe, in its most varied modalities (comics, cartoon, games, etc.), has no sense of existence...

Unfortunately, Pokémon, Digimon, Dragon Ball, and Saint Seiya (see ya in Hell, Seiya!!! ) were transmitted to exhaustion on Brazilian Television...

There was an acquaintance of mine in another Forums, PeaPri BBS, who, noticing that I was an authentic Mysterious Poke-man Bonk! Bonk!, created a GIF as a “tribute” to me, with the “infamous” pun to show Misty wearing a bra...
Old 11-10-2018, 08:56 PM   #383
Mystvan
Vice-Chair-man Poke-man

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystvan View Post
In my humble opinion, the entire Pokémon Universe, in its most varied modalities (comics, cartoon, games, etc.), has no sense of existence...

Unfortunately, Pokémon, Digimon, Dragon Ball, and Saint Seiya (see ya in Hell, Seiya!!! ) were transmitted to exhaustion on Brazilian Television...

There was an acquaintance of mine in another Forums, PeaPri BBS, who, noticing that I was an authentic Mysterious Poke-man Bonk! Bonk!, created a GIF as a “tribute” to me, with the “infamous” pun to show Misty wearing a bra...
I made an unbelievable mistake.

Since there is a Silver Saint, a man named Misty, I thought the villain was also called Misty.

But in the Pokemon World, Misty is TrAsh’s redheaded female friend. In fact, my acquaintance made a “little” pun with my username, but also using the image of James wearing a bra. I do not know why he (James) used such underwear, but never mind.
Old 12-10-2018, 05:39 PM   #384
twillight
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Quote:
I made an unbelievable mistake.

Since there is a Silver Saint, a man named Misty, I thought the villain was also called Misty.

But in the Pokemon World, Misty is TrAsh’s redheaded female friend. In fact, my acquaintance made a “little” pun with my username, but also using the image of James wearing a bra. I do not know why he (James) used such underwear, but never mind.

First of: Misty if NOT Ash's friend. She onlyfollowed the guy around because he trashed her bike.

Second: in the Team Rocket Trio it is Jessie who wears the pants, and Meowth is the brain. Thus there's nothing strange about James' crossdressing.
To be honest, pokemon is NOT for kids. That show has sexual assault, attemted murder, sexualising 10 years olds, destroying private property, self-righteousness - and that's only by the "good" side.

---------------

Friggin last dungeon was annoying. Not enough that it is in the middle of nowhere, already annoying to get to, but literaly every 2 hex you get attacked by a random monster, which is only lvl 26, so fok you, you won't gain much exp of it.
The puzzles are also inconvenient, not to mention its pieces reset when you leave the current level (similar to the use of cut), making it extremly annoying.
And it is long, so prepare to walk in-and-out of it a couple of times.
Not to mention here is a legendarymon, which says "you missed it with the pokeball", which is already sheer annoyance, but it is also immun to sleep, so your best bet is to paralise it, as it also seems not catching poison.

My time until now: 37:24, which is kinda good for me considering all the deadtime I left it AFK.
lvls:
- lvl 51 dragonair
- lvl 40 gloom
- lvl 43 nidoman
- lvl 41 gyarados
- lvl 39 hypno
- lvl 44 blastois.
It feels cheating, but nothing seems to prevent me using the legendarymons against the Elite Four.

-------------

Forget my team,here is whatsequence you have to follow EXACTLY for the "final battle". As you are not allowed to move out aftereach enemy,and you cannot run during fights.
You'll need the following, unless you mindlessly leveled up who-knows-what:
- moltres
- zapdos (lvl 51, eat it a rare candy)

- articuno (lvl 51, eat it a rare candy)

- gyarados with hydro pump

- 2 other pokemon

1.:
- zapdos casts 3*1 thunder
- moltres casts fire spin until jynx dies. It is a multihit attack,and has a chance of failure, and critical hit plays an important place here, so you'll need revives and similar because moltres candie. If you have something better (with strong one hit fire attack), use that instead. It takes at least 2 casting from moltres,depending onwhat happens can be more.
- cast thundershick against lapras, and revive if you get critical hitted. Use thunder to finish the fight. This sequence prevents the trainer to heal lapras witha potion,so you spare on your thunder.

- heal zapdos before entering the fights. Put gyarados to first place. Kill the onyxes with hydro pump. After this trainer feed it a max ether if you ran out of uses before you use this mon again.

- kil theother three by zapdos' drill peck

- this one is kinda trouble. Only has one pokemon-weakness: golbat can be wiped by zapdos' one thunder. As the enemy is faster, and confuse your mon, let's hope that's enough, otherwise youmight need another ether here to replenish its PPs.
- for the others use whatever you have, but try not to use zapdos, or gyarados, or articuno. That leaves you with 3 against 5.
HINT: she uses an arbok, which is good target of physical attacks. It alsocanpoisonyou mon/s, so bring a status healing potion.

- put zapdos to the first place
- against 2-5 use articuno. 4*1 ice beam will do.

- put zapdos first place, as he starts with pidgeot
- nextis alakazam. Kill it ASAP, but try to preserve zapdos and gyarados from its grip. The AI is stupid fortunately. Try disabling moves too if you can.
- here comes a ryhorn. Kill it with water. My lvl 52 draginair shot first,and 1HKOd it with surf.
- as I started with squirtle nextwas gyarados. zapdos uses 1 thunder again.
- next was arcanine. Any water mon is good against it, so I could use either gyarados, or dragonair
- last was venosaur. I still had my moltres, so this was ridiculously easy.

Btw, if you have infinite time, or use a bug, or something, you might just give ANY of your mons infinite powerups. Another design flaw in the game.

Oh, and thatyou can go and catch Mewtwo? Ye, sure. You go there and throw the Master Ball to it. What a letdown.

Last edited by twillight; 13-10-2018 at 04:45 PM.
twillight is offline                         Send a private message to twillight
Old 16-10-2018, 10:38 PM   #385
Mystvan
Vice-Chair-man Poke-man

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by twillight View Post

First of: Misty if NOT Ash's friend. She onlyfollowed the guy around because he trashed her bike.

Second: in the Team Rocket Trio it is Jessie who wears the pants, and Meowth is the brain. Thus there's nothing strange about James' crossdressing.
To be honest, pokemon is NOT for kids. That show has sexual assault, attemted murder, sexualising 10 years olds, destroying private property, self-righteousness - and that's only by the "good" side.
You said everything!

Those characteristics mentioned by you would be some of the reasons I left to watch cartoons and read Japanese comics. Unfortunately, Shounen atill shows those features and more (cliches, rage of MC generating Super Power, etc.)...

We know well that the old American cartoons are not so innocent either, but they have not come to that.

In addition to American (old) and Korean comics (Webtoons) have characters who behave more spontaneously and naturally, without such mannerisms as tsundere and the like. And unfortunately the same features of the Japanese comics could also be said to the Japanese cartoons.
Old 17-10-2018, 09:20 PM   #386
Mystvan
Vice-Chair-man Poke-man

Red face

Quote:

You said everything!

Those characteristics mentioned by you would be some of the reasons I left to watch cartoons and read Japanese comics. Unfortunately, Shounen atill shows those features and more (cliches, rage of MC generating Super Power, etc.)...

We know well that the old American cartoons are not so innocent either, but they have not come to that.

In addition to American (old) and Korean comics (Webtoons) have characters who behave more spontaneously and naturally, without such mannerisms as tsundere and the like. And unfortunately the same features of the Japanese comics could also be said to the Japanese cartoons.
Whops. I am forgetting to mention certain details. Maybe it is the rush or the fact that I am getting older...

I forgot to mention that the adaptations from Japanese comics to cartoons do not have the same quality. And maybe the genres Seinen, Josei and Slice of Life still maintain the quality that we expected of them.

It would be basically the Shounen Action (the Shounen Mystery depending on the title could be interesting) and Shoujo Romance that maintains a low quality standard of story, plot, consistency, reasonableness, etc., below the expected minimum quality.

It is just my humble opinion...
Old 18-10-2018, 07:49 AM   #387
twillight
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Naruto and Bleach were definitely the same worse in manga than in anime format.

And n, I wasn't bothered by Naruto's anime-fillers. Theywere mostly good. Mostly even better than the actual story. But the consistency of the story simply fell appart, and I was bothered that none ever realy died. With the Pain-Saga the series mostly died. Gotan acceptable ending, but...
Old 07-11-2018, 05:10 PM   #388
twillight
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Default Diablo 2 - bow enchantress

My bow enchantress ISa bow enchantress, meaning primaly uses bow, not Frozen Orb for instance.

The aim is Demon Machine. This is a twinked themed build, meaning you need to import items to the character, but half of the fun is building up the character yourself.

Fortunately the russians have full catalogue of uniques, that's why I even started.

So, let's see my progress:
- spend the first SP ti Firebolt and get rid of the staff for a better weapon. You won't have the mana to keep up the firebolt, so high level higher cost is even worse. Use throwing knives when you find them. They are not a long term weapon, but better than your firebolt.
- keep pumping your Warmth. This'll give you some mana to sustain your pathetic slvl 1 firebolt, and is your prime synergy (aside Fire Mastery). While firebolt will be pretty useless soon, it'll relieve you using ammo, so use it when you can. Switch to Fireball when lvl 12. It'll consume ton of mana, but will finish mobs fast.
- don't forget to add 1-1 points to pre-skills, and One Point Wonders, which are: teleport (key skill), Static (it is good to have).
- your main skill will be Enchant, and you'll rely on Hydra for additional support. Hydra is not just good damage, but also semi-passive, and can check behind doors for enemies, which is kinda important with your pathetic HP.
- about stats: first add yourself 5 STR, so you can wear all starter armour. Then pump 25, then 35 your VIT asap to survive what comes. You'll need a blast many HP obviously, but you'll need a blast many STR too much later. Dexterity will likely be enough as items require. You'll use Buriza against fire immuns.
- around lvl 8, which happens n Cold Plains, throwing daggers will start lacking. You'll need to switch javelins whenever you can. Also keep an eye out for any decent bow.
- at clvl 15 you'll want Ravenclaw immediately. This pretty much takes away the need of DEX with its blastings, and in theory you're good for Normal diff.
- you'll want a cold rogue as merc first, then an Act 2 merc.
Old 08-11-2018, 08:28 PM   #389
Mystvan
Vice-Chair-man Poke-man

Red face

Yes, I remember the Diablo series... I was pretty addicted years ago...

Spoilers!
Old 09-11-2018, 03:53 PM   #390
twillight
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Default Harvester

I once liked Diablo 2 with LoD. After a while someone challenged me to a D1 run, and I easily passed. He couldn't believe. But that game is friggin slow, nothing to fear there.
Then I went multiplayed D2, and learnt to hate it for everyone killing me, everything being overpriced, and getting to the end w/o effort.
I also saw the "classic" version (how the game was like pre-expansion),and it was uttercrap.
I also realised D2 is utter mess of bugs.
And then came the Orange Runes patch. Thatwas revolting, and no new patch arrived, despite promised.
Instead they came out with D3, which proved me the Tyrael was behind everything, and wants to kill everyone. Also, people hated it, being a buggy mess, and the real money equipments.
Now they also released Mobile Diablo, also no plan for any continuation of the franchise.
In the meantime took a look at Bliizard's other products and related policies, and now I HATE Blizzard, and don't want nothing from them. And I'm darnwell will use that russiansite with all the unique items for single player!

------------

Enough of the rant. Because the game Harvester is a bloody good adventure game. It's weird as heck also. I'm not even sure if the storyboard makes any sense, but somehow it satisfied me.

At the start you wake up, with total amnesia. You tell this to everyone, and they all answer with "Good joke, you always were a prankster!"
For like very first you meet ... with mom? Who has ina crab your baby sister. So they say. Who eats a spider. Which'll have consequences later...
Then you meat the paperboy. Sry, that was an injoke. Not the paperboy part. The paperboy brings away the newspaper. Every day. And you better deliver, and not piss him of. Maybe good to point out, you can attack anyone anytime in this game. If you attack Paperboy, he pulls out a gun and shoots you. Repeatedly. Until you are dead.
You also better save regularly. Like when you casualy speak with the local militia, they might jokingly ask, if there's any reason not to shoot you. If you jokingly reply no, he'll shoot you,and accidently start nuclear holocaust.

Otherwise the game is very close to Stephen King's Needful Things. You go around, commit innocent pranks for a hoody guy asking... Then you either harvest, or will be harvested!

Sure, the controls for the fights are clunky, but just manage that. Worth it. Very strange game with very strange humour.

"Well, it wasa natural death. None can live without a spinal cord, and that's fact!" - investigation, Harvester Style.

017.jpg