Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Troubleshooting
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 24-05-2005, 11:19 PM   #1
McFlyGuy

Thumbs up

I've so far followed all of the tutorial instructions for installing DosBox on Abandonia. I've gotten past the Dosbox.conf where you type the extra test commands at the bottom, but then I go into the Dosbox program and it still comes up with the directory reading "Z" drive when it is supposed to be "C". It won't let me type any commands while the directory says "Z", will someone please help me out here. Thanks!!
McFlyGuy is offline                         Send a private message to McFlyGuy
Old 24-05-2005, 11:24 PM   #2
BeefontheBone
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

try typing "c:" to go to it, but you might need to mount something as a drive first - f'rinstance my config file says at the bottom:

[autoexec]
# Lines in this section will be run at startup.
mount c c:\dosprogs
mount d e:\
c:
cls
dir /w

Which mounts my folder C:\DOSProgs as the C drive in the emulator, and my cd rom drive as e, then switches to what it now thinks is c, clears the screen and lists the contents of the folder since i never remember what's there
BeefontheBone is offline                         Send a private message to BeefontheBone
Old 25-05-2005, 11:04 AM   #3
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

Quote:
and my cd rom drive as e
Nope. CD-Rom drives need extra parameters to work properly.

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 05-06-2005, 02:46 PM   #4
Argith Nuei
Forum hobbit

Quote:
Originally posted by McFlyGuy@May 24 2005, 11:19 PM
I've so far followed all of the tutorial instructions for installing DosBox on Abandonia. I've gotten past the Dosbox.conf where you type the extra test commands at the bottom, but then I go into the Dosbox program and it still comes up with the directory reading "Z" drive when it is supposed to be "C". It won't let me type any commands while the directory says "Z", will someone please help me out here. Thanks!!
:w00t: Hey there! There should be a config file for dosbox that you need to... configure. :blink: Anyhow. Open the config and go to the bottom where there should be a (autoexec) line.
Under it you should type in (Mount C: C:\(Directory of your wish)
After doing this you should be able to get to your specified location (C:\directory)
when typing c: on the dosbox. k:
Argith Nuei is offline                         Send a private message to Argith Nuei
Old 05-06-2005, 04:04 PM   #5
kOS
Super Freak

Argith Nuei: read what other people wrote! BeefontheBone solved this problem already. :bye:
kOS is offline                         Send a private message to kOS