Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 21-02-2006, 07:09 PM   #51
m.gnu.

Does anyone own the original cd? I do, and i cannot get it running, no matter WHAT i try... I'm using dosbox, the cd is mounted (as a cdrom ofcourse) at d:\ and i install into c:\touche, but it just freezes...

Tried with VDMSound as well, but it crashed even worse...

Old 21-02-2006, 07:13 PM   #52
Sebatianos
[BANNED]

Did you mount the CD correctly?

mount D D:\ -t cdrom

I had such problems with some other games (if I didn't mount it correctly).
Sebatianos is offline                         Send a private message to Sebatianos
Old 21-02-2006, 07:25 PM   #53
m.gnu.

Yes, it's mounted correctly. Even tried the higher levels of support for cdrom devices. Nothing works.

Old 27-02-2006, 12:15 AM   #54
Guest_Matt

Hi,

I've been playing Touche 5th Musketeer, and it's a really great adventure game! However, when I'm in Le Havre in the tavern, the English soldier doesn't let me through. I've read in several walkthroughs that I'm supposed to say "the weather is nice", but I don't have that option! I can only say 4 things, and none works!
Is there something that I missed?

Please help me on this.

Thanks,
Matthias

Old 02-04-2006, 07:58 PM   #55
frankjamesuk

Quote:
Originally posted by Srx@Sep 10 2005, 09:19 AM
Hi everybody,

I have a problem with save/load in the game. Every time I click on either of Save or Load options, the game freezes. Any ideas?*
Hi Srx, I had the same problem you describe when trying to run touche.exe directly in Windows XP. It seems to work at first but when you come to saving your game it freezes. Try running it through DosBox as described by Mad-E-Fact in the post of Feb 4th 2005 - this solved the freeze issue for me.

As to the multiple "pink screen then quality before quantity" reports, this also gets fixed when following Mad-E-Fact instructions: It is not necessary to store the game in C:\touche as long as
1) the directory touche.bat is stored in is called touche and
2) you mount the DosBox one directory above the touche directory. You then cd into the touche directory and start the game from there.

Frank

Old 22-07-2006, 10:13 AM   #56
Question

Hi

I have an ingame-problem: When I met the girl in the tower for the first time I forgot to take her handkerchief. So I had to use the broken ladder to enter her room again to take it. Now, after I got the poem written, I have no chance to enter the room by the broken ladder again (because it broke when I used it to enter the room). And now I can't give the witch the perfume and continue to Le Mans.

I've read that in the complete walkthrough because I was stuck for much too long...

Can anyone help? Or is this a dead-end?!

THANKS

Old 13-08-2006, 06:39 PM   #57

I have a problem, the first time i loaded the game, it ran correctly, but i had to minimize it, and when i reopened, i had a pink screen. So, i closed the game and reloaded it...Now, I don't know if in the first session, it was already the case, but i have issues with my mouse cursor.

When the game is loaded, my mouse stays trapped in a small corner, top left of the screen, and won't move from it, like it was in a small cardboard box .

Anyone had a problem, or know how to resolve it ? Asking incase it isn't just an 'after crash' problem.

Old 13-08-2006, 07:02 PM   #58

That's me again. PS: It was NOT an after crash bug i reinstalled and still have it.

Old 07-09-2006, 08:49 PM   #59
crosta
Lurker

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Guest_Matt @ Feb 27 2006, 03:15 AM) [snapback]210708[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
Hi,

I've been playing Touche 5th Musketeer, and it's a really great adventure game! However, when I'm in Le Havre in the tavern, the English soldier doesn't let me through. I've read in several walkthroughs that I'm supposed to say "the weather is nice", but I don't have that option! I can only say 4 things, and none works!
Is there something that I missed?

Please help me on this.

Thanks,
Matthias
[/b]
You can scroll down and choose a fifth option (actually this happens a lot of times - it's just not useful until now).
The left corner of the talk-menu-box, click it - it's kindda like the inventory

Hi! Sorry to open up an old thread - Let me know if I should start a new one instead..

I just completed the excellent game Touché: Adventures of the fifth musketeer (thank you walkthrough) - but now I hear about lots of hidden things in the game - and I'd like to see those.

What can you use the horseshoe for?
Is it possible to sit down and play cards at Madame Fleurs shop?
Where can you drop the dead body?
Is it possible to buy new clothes at the shop somehow?

I hope some of you can help

Thank you
crosta is offline                         Send a private message to crosta
Old 09-01-2007, 09:13 PM   #60
HARNOvHARNO
Lurker

its sad that the voices wasent included.. Im still new to abandonia so i dont know your exact reasons for not including it, other then someone sayed it would have been to big.

Oh well, then i'd have to say, its better to UP the demo with Voices then a poor ripped version without, i was lucky enough to find a version with voices before i started playing the game, i was lucky that i hit F5 doing gameplay by accident otherwhise i would never have discovered that there was voices in the game.

Anyway if you are looking for a version with voices, then its around 235mb in packed, and around 433mb unbacked, LOL from 16mb to 433.... Thats amazing, i cant belive that the game is only 16mb in full version without voices... LOL
If you manage to get your hands of a version with voices, then you still need to install in c:\touche for some odd reason, i tryed installing in a different dir the game works fine, however you cant save or load. So i'd rather stick to installing in c:\touche and then find a GUI/dosmenu i can use togetter with dosbox later.

Normally i got my games saved in categories, but with issiues like this i'd rather find myself a gui where i can make costom buttons for programs/games.
HARNOvHARNO is offline                         Send a private message to HARNOvHARNO