Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 31-03-2005, 11:16 AM   #11
Wiggerlator

The game was actually innovative at its time of inception as it was the first game of its genre to allow backwards scrolling (if only a little). The music was actually by bomb the bass and is entitled "megablast" (surprisingly).

The bitmap brothers created a lot of games in the amiga heyday however this for me is the best. an absolute classic.

to answer a couple of the questions:

you cannot save the game, unless you emulate the platform and save the game state.

there was a known cheat, at some point in the game you were supposed to type in "russianair" for unlimited lives or energy (as i recall)

Old 24-04-2005, 03:37 AM   #12
AcidBurn

Fond memories of this game. I remember finishing this game on a single life
Much to the disdain of my friend because we made a deal to play in turn till we died.

Great site, only just found this because I was playing around with DosBOX and my original Sierra adventures looking for a fix for KQ2.

Old 01-05-2005, 02:39 PM   #13
FameWolf

Just thought I'd mention that the 'russianair' cheat was for one of the other versions - Atari ST, I think. The pc cheat was: when loading the game and confronted with the graphics mode menu, select your mode with the F7 key. Then, ingame press 'i' to become invincible. [just tested it, it definately works!]

Old 01-05-2005, 11:20 PM   #14
hessekopp
Abandonia nerd

A good Shooter. its sad that BANSHEE from the amiga cd 32 and 1200 never made it on the pc! i love 2d shooooooooo tersssssss.

we want more!!!!!
hessekopp is offline                         Send a private message to hessekopp
Old 16-08-2005, 09:10 PM   #15
meh
Smile

i can select the graphics card and then it blancs out the screen and shuts its self down
:angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:
:ranting: :ranting: :ranting: :ranting: :ranting: :ranting: :ranting: :ranting: :ranting:

Old 17-08-2005, 09:54 AM   #16
Pwent

id give it a five out of five. it was great fun and getting upgrades for the ship was fun aswell. great graphics and sound, and great gameplay. imaginative enemies, and customisable upgrades. towards the end, the upgrades on your ship became massive! and your weapons became massive. good fun it was.

only thing is, when i played it as a kid i could win it easily, most of the time. now i cant even get past level 1, and its not a speed problem, it plays exactly as i remember it. i mustve lost the knack i guess.

Old 17-08-2005, 10:01 AM   #17
Pwent

The graphics in this game were amazing for its time! They look like they're from 1994 atleast. Although the white coloured bullets did look a little simple, and the colour schemes were a little thesame throughout the levels if i remember correctly.

Old 19-09-2005, 09:36 PM   #18
James

I can get it to run, and get in game sound - but cannot get the music!
Anyone got any ideas?

Old 19-09-2005, 11:13 PM   #19
STFM
Abandonia nerd

Quote:
Originally posted by Pwent@Aug 17 2005, 08:01 PM
The graphics in this game were amazing for its time! They look like they're from 1994 atleast. Although the white coloured bullets did look a little simple, and the colour schemes were a little thesame throughout the levels if i remember correctly.
Yeah they are pretty cool - they follow the rounded/shaded Bitmap Brothers style that was also seen in Xenon, Speedball, Magic Pockets, Chaos Engine and Cadaver. I thought Xenon was a bit better game though
STFM is offline                         Send a private message to STFM
Old 08-11-2005, 04:17 PM   #20
Beta

I remember me trying to find a non-existing disk 2 for this game. That was something very frustating. This game is really a jewell. Does anybody know if this version (i mean, the one posted here) is the full, with a real ending?

Thanks,
Beta