Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Forgotten Games Bureau
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 06-02-2013, 10:31 PM   #1
twillight
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Default real time fantasy game with 4 wizards

I remember not much about this game, what I think might have been a freeware/shareware game, but maybe I get some tips anyway.

The overview of the game was similar to eg. Warcraft Orcs & Humans (you know, viewing the map from above, but everything is from the side).

The game was playing in a (or more?) forest.

The main goal was to dispose 4 wizards.

The game had several puzzle-element (object hunting and using them at the right place or thee like).

The gameplay was real time.

One of the key elements was that when you damaged one of the wizards to near death you could give them mercy, and for that they gave a vital piece of information (solving a puzzle). Then they were regenerated full health, and as far as I remember they got somewhat stronger even, thus I had trouble fighting the strongest last wizard the second time.

I THINK, but not sure that there was a cRPG element of gathering exps, but I also THINK (might be mistaken) that point-distributing was not done manually at all.

Some blurry memory tells me you controlled your character(s) as one, you MIGHT have had more then one character (2? 3? in all) in your party, all on the map and under your control the same time (like in a game where you have pets following you around). This part might not be true to be honest.

I am absolutely sure the game used the word "lilac". It was in the name of an object of the game, also it was the color of that object. It think it was a crystal, but it might have been one of the wizards.

If this rings a bell to you, please tell. Thx.
Old 07-02-2013, 03:55 AM   #2
Smiling Spectre
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Send a message via ICQ to Smiling Spectre Send a message via AIM to Smiling Spectre Send a message via MSN to Smiling Spectre

Gameplay sounds close to Lords of Chaos. And as only game descended from it is Magic&Mayhem - can it be it?

(Second part is less similar to your description, so it's definitely not it)
Smiling Spectre is offline                         Send a private message to Smiling Spectre
Old 07-02-2013, 08:57 AM   #3
twillight
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

None, but sounds a good start.

The game had definitely a VGA graphic unlike Lord of Chaos.

And Magic&Mayhem has too good graphic. The textures were more close to Lord of Chaos - the objects were much more close to 2D than any 3D effect.